Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Death penalty for talking on a cell phone

Source: http://ekstrabladet.dk/kup/elektroni...cle1700059.ece

"While mobile phones are spurting out from assembly lines in South Korea, the neighbor North Korea has found another way to make life miserable for its inhabitants. As part of national mourning fir Kim Jong-Ils death, for the next 100 days it is forbidden to use a cell phone. It is not only forbidden, but punishable. If any of the inhabitants of the dictatorship of the state presumes to defy the ban and talk on the phone it can be considered a war crime, which can trigger both labor camp and the death penalty.

In practice, the ban is unlikely to make daily life much harder for the oppressed people, as very few North Korean's have a cell phone.The average monthly income for residents in North Korea is no way even near a dollar. Although one would be among the few who can afford a mobile, now even less as a whole are allowed to own them.

It is estimated that only five percent of people in North Korea own a cell phone.

your thougts on this?
    Last edited by mmoc167fc6d419; 2012-01-30 at 04:52 PM.

Korea, why so weird.

Deleted
    i feel so sorry for those guys...

Deleted
    thats North Korea in a nut shell really. Was kind of hoping Kim Il Sung was going to bring the country out of its arciac state, apparently not

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    Source: http://ekstrabladet.dk/kup/elektroni...cle1700059.ece

"While mobile phones are spurting out from assembly lines in South Korea, the neighbor North Korea has found another way to make life miserable for its inhabitants. As part of national mourning fir Kim Jong-Ils death, for the next 100 days it is forbidden to use a cell phone. It is not only forbidden, but punishable. If any of the inhabitants of the dictatorship of the state presumes to defy the ban and talk on the phone it can be considered a war crime, which can trigger both labor camp and the death penalty.

In practice, the ban is unlikely to make daily life much harder for the oppressed people, as very few North Korean's have a cell phone.The average monthly income for residents in North Korea is no way even near a dollar. Although one would be among the few who can afford a mobile, now even less as a whole are allowed to own them.

It is estimated that only five percent of people in North Korea own a cell phone.

your thougts on this?
    Fixed it up so it's easier to read.

OT: So thankful I was born in Canada.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Fixed it up so it's easier to read.

OT: So thankful I was born in Canada.
    thank you

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Death... for being on a cellphone? That's just scary, No really that's really really scary.

Jeez.

Ohhhh boy. I finally get back from a forums suspension only to see THIS kind of thread? Goddamn, bait threads are bait threads.

OT: Goddamn North Korea, Goddamn.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Well, I'm glad I don't live in North Korea (for more reasons than one).

I'd certainly be killed within the first day. :x

Deleted
    "The average monthly income for residents in North Korea is no way even near a dollar."
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i heard somewhere(reliable source i know) that the average north korean citizen earns around 900$ a year, not only 10$ or something like that.
    But to be honest, i didn't check the link since it's broken, but ekstrabladet is not a very reliable source.

OT:
    It amazes me how a country can act like such d-bags but no one cares. I know it probably isn't a war many countries would deal with, but it's just messed up that country.

This is somthing I expect for north korea, their people are horriable oppressed and they can get killed for much less than useing a cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bgknoccout View Post
    "The average monthly income for residents in North Korea is no way even near a dollar."
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i heard somewhere(reliable source i know) that the average north korean citizen earns around 900$ a year, not only 10$ or something like that.
    But to be honest, i didn't check the link since it's broken, but ekstrabladet is not a very reliable source.

OT:
    It amazes me how a country can act like such d-bags but no one cares. I know it probably isn't a war many countries would deal with, but it's just messed up that country.
    OP used a google translator, so something could of been messed up in translation. I fixed it up for him too a bit, since translator doesn't have the best grammar. But that was how it came out.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    OP used a google translator, so something could of been messed up in translation. I fixed it up for him too a bit, since translator doesn't have the best grammar. But that was how it came out.
    i might want to check the link since danish is my native language. might give more correct info when it was put through that terrible tool

Deleted
    The people in NK who have mobile phones are the higher class, well paid 'citizens' who would not use them anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    wish we could do this to people who drive while texting... I swear I should be allowed to side swipe them off the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm for cultural moral relativism and everything, but man. Fuck you North Korea.

>implying USA tyranny is better because the main difference is that people living in it are usually unaware of its existence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    thats North Korea in a nut shell really. Was kind of hoping Kim Il Sung was going to bring the country out of its arciac state, apparently not
    Kim Il Sung was the one who created North Korea, he died in 1994. I suppose you're talking about the football Kim Jong Un?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    If you mean Kim Jong Il's son, he's been carefully groomed to follow in his father's footsteps. He is probably just as brainwashed as the rest of North Korea.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, I find that fascinating...
    seeing a working dictatorship in the 21st Century...

I really cant imagine how a north korean citizen sees his life in north korea...
    its always easy to have an dismissive opinion from such a distant point of view, maybe the n-koreans arent bothered... maybe they really love their country and their dictator... maybe they live a good life in their eyes... because they dont know better...

I really dont know, thats one of the big problems... you cant just ask one... he is a) not allowed to say the truth b) maybe not even allowed to say anything in the first place and c) not capable of communicating if he gives a excrement about a) and b)... its a country totally cut-off from the rest of the world...