Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Should wait until after release with saying that, Rift/WAR etc also claimed to be next-gen revolutionary games.
    So does almost every game, but it's pretty easy to tell how many conventions a game challenges throughout its development. GW2/TSW at least have some basis for that claim in their (debated) radical change of direction and open challenge to many of the standard MMO conventions (trinity, end game raiding, combat system, quest interaction, character progression ect.)

You don't need to wait till after the release of a game to know what they are doing with it. We all knew what FF XIII-2 was doing with the game and playing it after release doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know about the basic systems involved in the game.

Should wait until after release with saying that, Rift/WAR etc also claimed to be next-gen revolutionary games.
    Rift didn't. Rift's big thing was 'We're not in Azeroth anymore'. Both GW2 and Secret World are looking to go away form the current conventions of the genre and try something new and different. Will it succeed? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Rift didn't. Rift's big thing was 'We're not in Azeroth anymore'. Both GW2 and Secret World are looking to go away form the current conventions of the genre and try something new and different. Will it succeed? I don't know.
    Rift said it would be revolutionary and next-gen because of dynamic world events (pretty much the same as ArenaNet claims), and now after release we know how those dynamic events turned out.
    They sounded about 150 times better on paper before the game got released.

Rift said it would be revolutionary and next-gen because of dynamic world events (pretty much the same as ArenaNet claims), and now after release we know how those dynamic events turned out.
    They sounded about 150 times better on paper before the game got released.
    I thought the dynamic world events were pretty cool. I am/was completely unaware they said it was going to 'revolutionize' MMOs because of it. It was a cool idea that can/should be implemented all over, imo.

Yes, like I said, I think GW2 is not going to live up to some of the exceptionally high expectations people have for it, and am much more interested in Secret World.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Guild Wars 2 and Secret World are Next Gen MMO's. They're actually changing shit up.
    But TSW and GW2 have more similaities with OLDER MMOs than EQ....

Quote Originally Posted by stompyomouf View Post
    I have been on an EQ kick latley, since I just found out its going F2P, but a lot of those were invented by Sony with EQ. Instancing started there as far as im concerned. Imagain in WoW if Ragnaros was a static, world boss and anyone on the server could kill him with a raid, and he only respawned once every 7 days. Thats how it was in EQ back in the Planes of Power...sucked. Im outta time to write more but so many things came from EQ, im sure the AH started there as well.
    WHAT??????!????????????????????!!!

When, my good sir. My triumphant return to Norrath is nigh.