Thread: Comp spec help

Deleted

Comp spec help

Heya will this rig run most new games and most importantly will it run BF3?

Graphicscard: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT,
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2660 MHz LGA 1366 8M,
    Motherboard: MSI X58 PRO-E LGA 1366, QPI 6,4 GT/s,
    Ram: 6GB, Corsair Twin3X, DDR3 PC 12800

Will it run most new games? Probably. Will it run them well? Not likely.

-9800GT was a great card in its time, but by today's standards, it's a low performer.
    -You could probably Overclock the bejeezus out of the i7 920, and still get by with it, but given what your asking, that might be outside your scope.

If this is a system someone is trying to sell you, I would probably pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gajolmand View Post
    Heya will this rig run most new games and most importantly will it run BF3?

Graphicscard: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT,
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2660 MHz LGA 1366 8M,
    Both the graphics card and the processor are from 2008, so no, that computer will not run BF3 or any other new games very well.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Both the graphics card and the processor are from 2008, so no, that computer will not run BF3 or any other new games very well.
    What puzzles me here, is that my current rig which is worse than the above can run most new games on low-mid graphics some even on high. Then it is weird that you guys are now telling me that by upgrading my current rig i wont be able to play most games very well.

Or perhaps its because you are thinking about UltraUberModeExtreme graphic setting?

Quote Originally Posted by gajolmand View Post
    What puzzles me here, is that my current rig which is worse than the above can run most new games on low-mid graphics some even on high. Then it is weird that you guys are now telling me that by upgrading my current rig i wont be able to play most games very well.

Or perhaps its because you are thinking about UltraUberModeExtreme graphic setting?
    We are thinking about modern 1920x1080 monitors.

If you have some 1024x768 (or 1280x1024) junk monitor from ten years ago, then yes, you will be able to play at high settings on a computer from 2008 easily. Half the resolution = twice the framerate.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.