Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Could this solve doche bags needing in LFR?

Hey guys. i have never posted before but really wanted to see what people think of my idea.
    How about a system that rewards people for passing on loot, with a "bag of random goodness"?
    In these bags can be mounts etc like the ones from random dungeons.
    i for one would absoloutley pass on gear i already have for a goodie bag

cheers for any input/feedback

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    so you get a bag after every boss? Wpuld you have to sacrifice a whole raid worth of loot?

Deleted
    Only if you could have a chance on looting a rare pet or mount! :3

Deleted
    Yea but it wouldnt be a sacrafice if you dont need any of the loot.
    Im just thinking this would discourage people from need just for the sake of it
    and taking gear from people who actualy need it.

Yea mounts/pets was the main insentive i was thinking of

Honestly, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfskar View Post
    so you get a bag after every boss? Wpuld you have to sacrifice a whole raid worth of loot?
    I started playing in Vanilla, I'm used to going months without an upgrade. Yes, I'd be willing to pass on a weeks worth of loot to receive one item. No problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    imo "Report Douche" function that does nothing but make the supposed victim feel better about the situation. Especially considering that who the douche is changes based on a /random 100.

Need everything, don't look. Looking makes you upset. Better just /roll and listen for the item-into-backpack noise and rejoice when you win, and share if you win more than one.

But the looking is the problem. Stop it and you'll be happier.

R.I.P. YARG

It might be a nice way of getting people to keep queueing week after week once they're geared...

However, there's yet to be a cure for douchebaggery discovered... alas...

What the game needs is a system in place that can tell if you're rolling MS/OS, already HAVE won the item/have a better item equipped - or to just stop allowing trades altogether.

Deleted
    That is a great idea! Make it like the bags you get from CtA, but with an increasing change for rare items based on how many (needable) items you passed on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    It might be a nice way of getting people to keep queueing week after week once they're geared...

However, there's yet to be a cure for douchebaggery discovered... alas...

What the game needs is a system in place that can tell if you're rolling MS/OS, already HAVE won the item/have a better item equipped - or to just stop allowing trades altogether.
    yea maybe a de-buff called "douche bag" that lasts for 1 hour, gives you a stink cloud
    and causes npcs to throw rotten fruit at you?

I actually like this, but you have to be careful with implementing it.

1 - There are a lot of occasions when a specific class cannot roll need on any of the 4 drops. Are they still rewarded despite not having to make the decision?
    2 - You run the risk of causing people to not bring their best to the LFR. If someone is less concerned with gearing and performance than they are about mounts or whatever other reward is available, they may just disregard any potential upgrades, meaning they won't be able to perform as well as they could, potentially leading to wipes. (Obviously, LFR is tuned so that gear is largely unnecessary beyond the basic entry requirement, but I just want to point out the possibility).

I don't think the bag of goodies should contain mounts or anything that would have a high risk of causing people to choose between them and loot. It should just be a small bonus that someone could live without, but would be worth enough to disregard pointless loot rolling. With that in mind, the bag could contain something like the following:
    -flasks
    -potions
    -companion pets
    -gold
    -profession materials (cloth, leather, ore, gems)
    -transmog gear (have to be careful with this. You don't want a paladin getting BoP leather that will just get vendored. Maybe replica weapons or something would be best.)

As for how to award them, it should probably be given only if you don't roll on any gear for an entire, completed run. This greatly diminishes the possibility of falsly rewarding someone (as in, they didn't roll because they weren't allowed.

I don't know whether you'd want to give the bag to people who already have a loot-lockout for the given week, since they can't roll on things anyway. However, that could also be seen as incentive to get more people into LFR more frequently.

It might help.

A much easier solution is to just remove the 2hr BOP trading grace period in LFR/LFD. The cooldown has no practical purpose in a raid that isn't using master looter.

People seem to keep forgetting that the ENTIRE point of LFR is for people to be able to see content at their own level.

It's not for you to gear your alts.
    It's not for you to gear your main.

It's so someone can see 8/8 content while playing on their own schedule.

Either roll need on everything, or pass on stuff you don't really need. If you win, awesome, if not, who cares, it's LFR. I would much rather Blizzard spend money and time on raid content then coming up with debuffs called "douche-bag".. Honestly.

And before anyone asks, I only roll need on what I need, and I've been doing LFR every week to get the Vial of the Shadows. So I know how it feels to lose loot to someone who doesn't need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg, seriously, you wanna police every little social situation?

Thats silly. The entire reason for the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries is to encourage people to do dungeons.
    Giving it to you for passing on some loot isn't right.

I would say that if you pass on everything (or just Greed/DE), you get a small amount of gold (like 5-10g). Or they implement that you cannot need on a tier set if you already have the item associated with it, or in the case with OS make it an OS roll.

Although TBH: LFRs system is very flawed still. Cunning of the Cruel dropped and a Druid with Feral MS and Resto OS won it. That isn't right.

So, the idea is to bribe potential douchebags with actual douchebags filled with loot as a reward? LFR needs fixing, I can't argue, but I don't think this is the right direction.

LFR is plenty rewarding enough as it is IMO, all things considered the loot is pretty amazing for how easy it is to get, and even if you lose everything you still make out well with lots of VP and some gold. They really just need a better system so that people can't win gear that doesn't belong to them unless no one there needs it for their main spec...that is casters wining melee gear and melee winning caster gear and so on, simply because their class can use it. Again, I can't complain too much, as LFR is a loot pinanta anyways and whatever it is you win is pretty much free stuff to begin with. If anything, LFR needs to be less rewarding, than maybe the uberdouches will be turned away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolard View Post
    People seem to keep forgetting that the ENTIRE point of LFR is for people to be able to see content at their own level.

It's not for you to gear your alts.
    It's not for you to gear your main.

It's so someone can see 8/8 content while playing on their own schedule.

Either roll need on everything, or pass on stuff you don't really need. If you win, awesome, if not, who cares, it's LFR. I would much rather Blizzard spend money and time on raid content then coming up with debuffs called "douche-bag".. Honestly.

And before anyone asks, I only roll need on what I need, and I've been doing LFR every week to get the Vial of the Shadows. So I know how it feels to lose loot to someone who doesn't need it.
    Hi there!

1. You say the "entire" point of lfr is to see content and "not" to gear mains/alts yet you go every week for gear?

2. This has nothing to do with my idea.

3. The debuff was a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg View Post
    Hi there!

1. You say the "entire" point of lfr is to see content and "not" to gear mains/alts yet you go every week for gear?

2. This has nothing to do with my idea.

3. The debuff was a joke.
    It has everything to do with your idea, LFR isn't made for gearing...thus rewarding people for passing on GEAR isn't fitted. Also since it is not made for your to gear or upgrade your character, rewarding it with mounts/pets/flasks/gold is also not fitted.

LFR is there so everybody can see all content...nothing more or less, so there is no special feature in place to reward players for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by smeg View Post
    yea maybe a de-buff called "douche bag" that lasts for 1 hour, gives you a stink cloud
    and causes npcs to throw rotten fruit at you?
    I was thinking more along the line of sterilization and a partial lobotomy... but that's more of a "real world" application...

And your idea sounds a bit like being a DK

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 10:24 PM ----------

I don't understand this "LFR isn't for loot" idea...

It, well, drops loot.

And, if it wasn't about the loot, and no one gave a shit about it, why would there be douchebags making a point of taking loot they don't need, anyways?

Confusing.

Also, all of the "top" guilds that made such a stink about cheating the LFR system early on would disagree

Me? I keep plugging away against all the douchebaggery trying to get tier sets for all my chars. Why? Why does anyone want ANY loot? You could use the same argument to say that there's no reason to get loot in regular DS right now, since the patch is over.

If it was ONLY to see content, queues would be 10 hours long by now, since everyone had seen everything.

I think if you had something that had a chance for something people wanted say epic gems or mounts/pets or other craftable mats (orbs or such) for people that did not roll on anything for a boss. To take it do the next level and us something that was already in game do like the ICC weekly raid quest you got a bag in that case you got badges and maybe a gem or a BoE maybe make it a token you get 8 of them you turn it in for a bag that was just as good get valor points and some gold and maybe some other stuff...