Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    Hmm, my impression was that what he wanted to do (killing madness on normal this week but extending the 7/8 heroic lockout on an alt) would work. However, you do have a good point in that it would be fairly easy to test with magmaw/ods and if I were them I would put in that little bit of time just to make sure.
    In theory it should but doesn't look like it does guess i will just settle with getting the daggers when we kill hc madness

it will 100% work if you skip the madness normal kill today zoyt. and surely no one needs that? that's the only thing that's questionable at all - if you can kill madness normal and if that gets saved to the heroic ID or not.

just leave madness up and everything is no problem. and you have to figure that one out anyway, cause that issue has nothign to do with the 7/8 normal clear in the new reset at all.

either you can kill madness normal and then still extend a 7/8 heroic instance or the normal kill gets saved to the ID. that got nothign to do with tomorrows stuff, you'll need to verify taht before todays raid.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you even want to clear normal madness? The loot from it is a complete joke/gimmick.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenub View Post
    Why would you even want to clear normal madness? The loot from it is a complete joke/gimmick.
    The OP is a rogue who only needs Fragment of Deathwing's Jaw to complete the legendary daggers.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenub View Post
    i need deathwings chin for legendary thats why

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I don't think you are understanding fully what he is asking. He is suggesting 2 things and still keep the lockout:

1) He wants to kill Madness on Normal tonight;
    2) He wants to kill up to and including Spine on Normal after the reset.

The first part is NOT possible. The second part IS possible.

If anyone saved to the heroic ID enters a raid tonight and proceeds to kill Madness, even on normal, it will save the kill on that ID.

This is correct.

---------- Post added 2012-01-31 at 05:02 PM ----------

If you want to test this out safely, here is how I suggest you do it.

Go to BWD;
    Kill Magmaw in Heroic mode with your alt.
    Switch your alt out of the instance, and kill Onmotron Defense System in Normal.
    Check your alt's instance lock for BWD.

I expect that he would be saved to both bosses, and if this is indeed the case, you would know to NOT kill madness tonight.
    Your assumptions are wrong. The idea is not new and has been tested on Sinestra and H Rag. But anyway to save you the time it would fly to BWD and clear 2 bosses I will link you this log:

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/30301/

From Dread (sorry keep getting Dread and Demise confused for no particular reason), you will notice that on the week of their H Spine kill they failed to kill H Madness and switched the instance to normal and then proceeded to jump straight into H Madness the next week after doing 7/8 on normal. You just have to be careful the next week to not turn it to heroic before you clear 7/8N. My friend in Pie Chart was QQing to me about their lockout after their RL managed to screw it up but a nice GM apparently saved them from a week of anguish.

Anyway this is the definitive answer to what you can do...so just ignore everything else that claims otherwise -.-"
    Last edited by Jinto; 2012-01-31 at 08:05 PM.