Why do people refuse to think of a good team comp?

4 people instalocked AP champions.

Don't know what to do in this situation.

Take AD ?

/10 char

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had this happen to me multiple times. I always enjoy the game more when I tough it out and resolve to "Carry these scrubs to victory." I obviously don't voice this, as that would cause issues within the team, but I play better and it passes faster.

There's nothing you can do but dodge or play the game.

I try to be cheerful and talk to people while we're loading. Usually people remain silent, but if one person reads my comment and changes a champion, then it's a step toward a better team composition.

Pick a AD for the most part, but sometimes i get pissed and pick the most inappropriate champ that i can to get the worst setup possible and say this is because you instalock! And they will start cry

Many newer players are only good with a few champions or really want to test one out, so they lock in...and hope the rest of the team balances around it. Obviously, they doesn't always happen. Some might feel that it is a race to not be "support" or a "tank." Certainly, none of these reasons are good ones and I would advocate working with your team, but often times, as you get better, you are given worse people to work with to even out the match. Thus, managing your poorer players (of course again, you should never reveal that you know that fact) is often the key to success. When I play Soraka for example, after the laning phase, I have to work in almost every game, to get the players to group up for team fights. It is so common sense, so it never ceases to amaze me.

Hate it when it happens.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Deleted
    There should be another system, like showing the top rating and the most played champs in select, so you see who can play which role best.

Deleted
    Champion selection can be hard if you have instant lockers, whether I try to pick a suitable champion or just what I want depends on how I feel or whether I had selected a champion without locking before, kindy get annoyed if I select a AD carry then see someone pick and lock another one.

However as I only play normal mode, I don't find the meta as important (The few games that actually had a workign was great though) as normally the match is more about individuals than teamwork as 5 random working together rarely happens.

If you have the meta team and the enemy team goes 2,1,2 then unless your solo top is very good (player/champ) the game can go bad fast and it is very hard to recover a game if 1/2 of the enemy get fed eithr by 1 person or because the top tower is dropped and then they roam ganking.

10+ Year Old Account
    My name is Axethor, and I'm an instant locker. XP

I'm normally pretty good about instant locking AD or AP carries unless I'm dead set on testing a new champ. I do however insta-lock if I'm jungling or tanking, because the odds of someone else doing the same are slim. And this is also only in normal games. I play nice in draft/ranked.

Outside of bot games instant-locking is just plain rude. There's no reason to not at least try to have something of a team comp. It's incredibly obnoxious when you have idiots instant locking champions they don't even know how to play.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if they instalocked, then you're probably doing blind. Blind it doesn't matter at all what the comp is. Blind is where you go to play what you want when you want to.

In terms of Draft, people just don't care and want to play what they like. Only difference is Draft is usually supposed to be more serious, so I see this less often.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    4 people instalocked AP champions.

Don't know what to do in this situation.
    Queue dodge and play draft next time.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Well if they instalocked, then you're probably doing blind. Blind it doesn't matter at all what the comp is. Blind is where you go to play what you want when you want to.

In terms of Draft, people just don't care and want to play what they like. Only difference is Draft is usually supposed to be more serious, so I see this less often.
    No...? That's for customs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    No...? That's for customs.
    If I nlind pick and instant lock because I actually wanted to play something... How about you report me? See what happens.

Conclusion, yes it is.

The thing is that players even in NORMALS take the game too seriously.
    If you want to compete against other players playing seriously, go play ranked and stay away from normals.