Poll: do you still like family guy

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[TV] Do you still like family guy.

Family guy is one big show so there is a chance that a lot of us has at least seen it at one point in or lives. And some of us might have been log time fans. But Family guy has been lacking in quality lately to some people. So I ask do you still like family guy? And if not what made you not like it anymore?

I personally don't like family guy anymore. I used to be a die hard family guy fan until it got really preachy and made all of its characters to overblown exaggerations of there original selves.

p.s. If you did not like family guy in the first place then don't bother posting.
    p.ss Sorry if this was made before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for a few years really. I'm starting to believe more and more that SP was right about their writers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Not since around 09. I just don't understand it anymore.

No. The entire show turned into Seth Macfarlane's own debating program, to expres everyone what he thinks or not. Imo the show should've canceled after season 5.

Also, this picture sums their current state up perfectly:

Last edited by McNeil; 2012-01-31 at 12:37 AM.

Deleted
    The jokes aren't as "LOL" anymore, they're full of more laugh in your head type jokes.. The writers must've got fired / moved on after season 5/6 ;S

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    p.s. If you did not like family guy in the first place then don't bother posting.
    Ummmm.... no.

I never liked Family Guy. It makes absolutely no sense and anyone who thinks it is "clever" probably has an IQ hovering around 80.

I stopped watching Family Guy/SP/etc at like 17. It was really funny until I started hearing it ALL the time. Any time I have to hear a bunch of idiots quote something and laugh all the time, over and over at the same joke, I just get frustrated with the source material.

That said, I'll flip it on now and then when I'm really bored and smile at something I've not heard. It's more "I can't enjoy it due to my personal experience" than "It's not funny" for me, though, so I'm an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Ummmm.... no.

I never liked Family Guy. It makes absolutely no sense and anyone who thinks it is "clever" probably has an IQ hovering around 80.
    It makes no sense to you and your saying people who think its clever only have an IQ around 80? lmao good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I tend to still watch Family Guy as well, though I really don't enjoy it as much as use to. In fact most animated sitcoms are starting to suck now - American Dad, Futurama, South Park, The Simpsons ect.... Though Family Guy has by far fallen the most from it's original popularity. The current writers seems too hack-eyed and lazy now >.>
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-03-02 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    The first few series were hilarious, really the only cartoon of it's type to actually make me laugh properly. I still watch them though online, infact I just watched the latest one just now. It was alright but I didnt exactly bust myself laughing too hard. More of a giggle here and there.

I stopped watching FG after Patriot Games.

I used to be so into the series i pretty much knew every episode by name. The 'original series (aka before the cancellation)' was brilliant. Season 4 was, too. Two of the best episodes were 'born' in the first few episodes after the 'break;' PTV and the first James Woods episode (oooh a piece of candy!), but the series started to turn with the 'Prom Dumpster Baby' song, then Patriot Games.....

It seems they decided that the only way to get viewers is to go WAYYYYY too far. Even when South Park does that, they still always seem to have some sort of message at the end that validates everything. Family Guy's humor is about as smart as the blonde girl Brian dated.

If I want to watch a cartoon, I'll download Futurama. Sadly, download is all I can do, as the station it's on isn't where I am.

At least it's a smarter humor, with, well, great stories. FG is all poop gags.
    Last edited by willowe; 2012-01-31 at 12:49 AM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Ummmm.... no.

woa woaaaah woah
    i actually like it, at least its not the cliché humor most of todays movies have (most series are actually doing pretty well). (but i guess your going to tell me i have 47 chromosomes because i think family guy has "humor")

and yes it makes no sense indeed, but its outside of the box and i like that, and still do

Deleted
    The moment stew lost his desire to kill louis really killed the show for me, just seems to be the same jokes done over and over again.
    Still it gets a laugh from me from time to time so I keep watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

pic pretty much sums it up.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, I'll watch it, as it's nice to see something new on occasion. It's not funny as it used to be, and it usually caters to the lowest-common denominator.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand this show. When it first came out, I thought it was alright at best & watched it only if nothing else was on. After a few episodes, if I did throw it on, it'd be background noise. This show is the reason that I think most of the world believes Americans are stupid. Someone a few posts up said that if you think this show is clever, your IQ probably hovers around 80, I definitely agree. Though I think 80 is a bit too high. Frankly, most of those cartoons I believe need to be cancelled. The only one that is even tolerable is Futurama. I haven't seen the newest seasons so I won't comment on those, but pre-cancellation it were my 'If nothing's on' show.
    Last edited by Da Baws; 2012-01-31 at 12:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

On the decline since season 7 imo, still watch it tho.

Deleted
    Havn't liked watching it since season 3. I love the first 3 seasons but by three the characters started to change, but at that point were still funny, and by season 4 they were completly different people. Peter had gone from childish to a full on retard, Brian had gone from a calm, and pretty much saint of a dog to a loud and hypocritical douche, Chris became inteligent when he was just supposed to be an idiot, Meg became someone who you liked for being different to a spoilt irritating brat, Stewie changed from a homocidal genius bend on world domination to a homo, and Lois changed from a caring mother to a loud whore. Once they started having the characters use words like fuck and c**t I saw it was pretty much the end of it for me. One of the biggest issues I have is that they've been running out of material for years now and so they just take old moments which were funny first time (chicken fight, peter triping over) and drag them out for a quarter of the show. I measured the time it took them to finish a chicken fight and it wasted 4 or 5 minutes of the episode.
    Last edited by mmoca46b34a3c5; 2012-01-31 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    It makes no sense to you and your saying people who think its clever only have an IQ around 80? lmao good one.
    Ummm... right.... it's dumb humor, it is random and makes no sense, and it is certainly not clever. Not sure why that was hard for you to understand... wait, lemme guess; you think FG is smart humor. AMIRITE?!

Quote Originally Posted by Zharkoon View Post
    woa woaaaah woah
    i actually like it, at least its not the cliché humor most of todays movies have (most series are actually doing pretty well). (but i guess your going to tell me i have 47 chromosomes because i think family guy has "humor")

and yes it makes no sense indeed, but its outside of the box and i like that, and still do

Ahhh, but you see, I made sure to only call out people who think it is clever humor. If you like it that's fine, nothing wrong with that, just don't tell me it's "clever".

Anyway... I probably shouldn't have posted at all... this is a sore spot for me

15+ Year Old Account
    I still like to watch this show.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<