Thread: Thunderfury

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thunderfury

just got part of the thunderfury bindings on my weekly.

My question is as a mage can i obtain the quest to get thunderfury? cheers

Anyone can. Even classes that can't even put on swords. I'm pretty sure.

yes you can, the quest isn't class locked, same as sulfuras everyone can get it.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?

Yes. It will just take you years of grinding to get the other binding.

I should add that I got both bindings on back to back runs. People hate me, I can feel it.
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 2012-01-31 at 02:08 AM.

Collecting one binding reduces the dropchance of the other binding by 99%. Not true ofcourse, but sure feels that way.
    And yes, you can do it as a mage.

Deleted
    kl thanks guys. still 14k rep to go. So just gotta hope i get lucky in that time :P

Rep runs oh lord. If you want to be diligent, kill all the Molten Destroyers and loot all Blood of the Mountains and Sulfuron Ingots from Golemagg. Both are rare drops used to make Sulfuras and can be worth some decent money on AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't run it on alts, you'll end up being a bit miffed when one of them gets the other binding (as happened with me, have gedons binding and all the mats on my druid, then after god knows how many kills (on my druid) my paladin goes in for some tier 1 and gets garrs binding second run >.>

Any class can get either Hand of Rag or Tfury, you just won't get the FoS if you can't wield it.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Yeah, pretty upsetting that as a druid, my Thunderfury sits in the bank and refuses to let me obtain the FoS for it. :P

wtb gedon binding cuz it dont ever drops

Deleted
    Ya you can get Thunderfury on mages (and wield it). I have one and sometimes walk around with it (although it's really not rare anymore).

But I guess this was already answered.

On the other hand eye of sulfras (or w/e it's called) dropped of rag last week for me. Sucks that I can't equip the mace .

Deleted
    Everyone can get it

You don't get the feat BTW so unless you really want to collect don't waste your time.

edit just kidding op is a mage but anyone who wants to make it that can't wield it won't get the feat.

Deleted
    *Trolling a thunderfury post because something cool just happened*

did you said:

huhuhu.

completing it tonight after raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah mages can get it, first guy I saw who had it recently was a mage.

wish i could link earlier from that day, got both bindings and made it instantly.

Deleted
    Yep, a mage can sadly enough get it, as well as any other class. Which is BS.
    Took me 3½ years to get both bindings on my rogue, and a week after obtaining the sword, I got both bindings in one run when rep farming.. meh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Rep runs oh lord. If you want to be diligent, kill all the Molten Destroyers and loot all Blood of the Mountains and Sulfuron Ingots from Golemagg. Both are rare drops used to make Sulfuras and can be worth some decent money on AH.
    Sulfiron ingot is worth 10g on my realm

Quote Originally Posted by Encountered View Post
    Sulfiron ingot is worth 10g on my realm
    unlucky you , altough it's only 150-200 on mine for an ingot , but those bloods, jeez, those go for 700-1k a pop, awesomesauce when u get lucky

Too bad you wont get achievement if you cant equip it.