Thread: Disco question

Disco question

Just wondering, is a point when mastery becomes less valued for disc? My mastery is currently buffering my shields by 52%. Is that too much mastery or no such thing?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rilyn/advanced

I haven't been having any mana problems what so ever, so I've been reforging away from spirit.

Are you running 10 or 25? And who are you healing with? I would say that if you aren't having mana issues you may want to switch to the int/crit meta. If you prefer mastery over haste you may just want to pick up more crit, or...if you like bubbles so much why don't you just MARRY them?!

oh man I came in here expecting a disco ball and some flashy lights, only to find someone who doesn't know that there's no 'o' in discipline...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    oh man I came in here expecting a disco ball and some flashy lights, only to find someone who doesn't know that there's no 'o' in discipline...
    Thank you!
    I'm so bloody sick and tired of people calling discipline 'Disco'
    Disc works.. hell even bubble bot if you must be silly. BUT NOT DISCO! >8(

N
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Let's not get sidetracked here.

Got sidetracked when the OP titled the topic DISCO...

10+ Year Old Account
    just out of curiosity, how much does your bubble absorb with all that mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Auras View Post
    Just wondering, is a point when mastery becomes less valued for disc? My mastery is currently buffering my shields by 52%. Is that too much mastery or no such thing?
    When you are no longer shield spamming is when mastery is your worst secondary stat.

Quote Originally Posted by raivyne View Post
    When you are no longer shield spamming is when mastery is your worst secondary stat.
    But 1:1 PoH to PW:S is the highest healing rotation for heavy damage phases if your mana can sustain it.

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    But 1:1 PoH to PW:S is the highest healing rotation for heavy damage phases if your mana can sustain it.
    sim this, PoH->PW:S spam is only a few percent HPS over straight PoH at current gear levels, even with extremely high mastery. edit: I checked it again. PoH outscales PW:S, and haste outscales mastery even with 1:1 PW:S <-> PoH ratio. Net result is that PW:S->PoH->PW:S->PoH is now always an HPS loss for standing throughput, unless you are already running a high mst - low spi build. even then it's just barely more HPS than PoH spam (about a 3% margin at IL 398, with 2k spirit, rest mst>hst).

no, you can only justify heavy PW:S by precasting them. or if your heal comp is severely lacking on spot heals.

----
    OP: If you're heavy mastery and -not- having mana issues it seems like you're using mastery to boost PoH efficiency. But really for mastery to be valued high enough to warrant stacking it you need in the neighborhood of 20% throughput from PW:S. In which case you need high spirit as well.

I just don't understand the benefit of a high mst - low spirit build, unless your HPS strategy revolves around DA. DA builds tend to top the meter when you out-gear the encounter pretty convincingly, or when you stack enough healers to trivialize content. I haven't seen it perform well in spike-intensive situations (progression).

I've had my mind changed a lot along the way, though, so if you felt up to explaining your reasoning I'd probably wind up learning something.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-02-01 at 05:18 AM.