Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I never understand why so many game developers insist on slutty armour for women...It just comes off as embarrassing geeky virgin behaviour and HERPDERP BOOBS

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    What do you want? A leopard print banana hammock?

P.S. I just noticed my sig has my scoundrel as empire. Wth?
    Traitorous scum!!! Havoc squad will hunt you to the ends of the galaxy!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'd rather they take out the female ones than put in the male ones, though not for the reason you might think. Every time I see somebody with their character or companion dressed up in that dumb bikini, it just destroys immersion. I hated that shit in WoW and I hate it here.

Edit: also, I think Stir is way over analyzing. This is just pandering, plain and simple. It doesn't have anything to do with nerds vs jokes or education or anything. There's plenty of stuff that jocks enjoy that's full of skimpily dressed women, like UFC ring girls, waitresses at Hooters, cheerleaders, and the like.

Also, only the most elite athletes get sports scholarships. I'm talking maybe 1 kid per school per year, on average. If you're looking for a scholarship, athletics is most definitely not the way to go.
    Careful you don't watch the movies this game is based upon or you will REALLY lose your immersion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Careful you don't watch the movies this game is based upon or you will REALLY lose your immersion.
    Unless I missed the scene where Boba Fett is wearing ass-less chaps or Leia is fighting Stormtroopers in a metal bikini, I think I'll be ok.

Hutts are hermaphrodites. The majority decide to take up a male personality, however.

As for the thread, I'm going to link something from runescape: http://images-mediawiki-sites.theful...3205511107.png

Something like that would be neat. Anything beyond that in the level of skimpy-ness, I wouldn't like though. Personally, I'd prefer it if they just removed the slave-outfit, or not make it modable. It just looks so stupid.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-01-31 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an aside, what is really interesting about Stir's post to me is that the mainline Star Wars and Star Trek IPs themselves don't actually put out a whole lot of nerd virgin crap. I mean, sure Kirk was kind of a space player and Ohura had to wear a skirt for some reason, but that was the 60s. From he Next Generation on, Star Trek actually had some pretty strong, type-breaking roles for women. Leia may have been the only woman in the galaxy far far away, but at least she was pretty damn tough. And Natalie Portman, well, at least she only had to bear her midriff once in 6 hours of movie. I guess that's progress. So really, there's a lot of fans injecting their sweaty nerd perviness into what is relatively staid material. That's nerds for you, I guess. (And I'm sweaty, pervy nerd, so I know!)

10+ Year Old Account
    As an aside, what is really interesting about Stir's post to me is that the mainline Star Wars and Star Trek IPs themselves don't actually put out a whole lot of nerd virgin crap. I mean, sure Kirk was kind of a space player and Ohura had to wear a skirt for some reason, but that was the 60s. From he Next Generation on, Star Trek actually had some pretty strong, type-breaking roles for women. Leia may have been the only woman in the galaxy far far away, but at least she was pretty damn tough. And Natalie Portman, well, at least she only had to bear her midriff once in 6 hours of movie. I guess that's progress. So really, there's a lot of fans injecting their sweaty nerd perviness into what is relatively staid material. That's nerds for you, I guess. (And I'm sweaty, pervy nerd, so I know!)
    I don't know about that much. It may not have been as glorified but it was pretty suggestive at times. Aliya in the original series movies. Deanna Troi and Beverly crusher infected with that space cabin fever that made everybody horny. Or Tasha yarr. Even in the reboot were back to uhura in a sexy costume.l

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I never understand why so many game developers insist on slutty armour for women...It just comes off as embarrassing geeky virgin behaviour and HERPDERP BOOBS
    stereotypes aside, women can enjoy/prefer dressing in skimpy stuff, and if i ever lose interest in boobs, shoot me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless I missed the scene where Boba Fett is wearing ass-less chaps or Leia is fighting Stormtroopers in a metal bikini, I think I'll be ok.
    Um, close enough. Leia fights in a slave girl costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    Hutts are hermaphroditic.
    They still made a choice to be "male" or "female"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    They still made a choice to be "male" or "female"
    No, they are hermaphroditic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, close enough. Leia fights in a slave girl costume.
    Not of her own choosing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would be upset if there was no sexy dress for females.
    I am not upset there is no sexy dress for males.

Therefore I do not see what the problem is?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Honestly, it would be priceless to play a male jedi with a pink lightsaber and a slave girl outfit in warzones. If you were also playing as the super fat model, it would be 10x more priceless. I don't see how having your female companion walk around in a dancer outfit is ok, but it isn't ok for me to have Theron walk around in a mr. slave outfit.
    OK, the flashback of Chris Farley in the SNL skit as a Chipendale dancer with Patrick Swayze just popped in my head. That would be ROFL-stomping hilarious to see....but unfortunately not likely.

Honestly they need to remove the ability to modify the items. That is the primary reason I used any of the dancer/fancy outfits. Hear armor with slots that you can use at 10? Let alone any position you could buy modifications for. Was doing a good Lady GaGa imitation from the day I made 10
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I'd rather they take them out. Every time I see a character or companion running around in that outfit, that character is basically saying very loudly "I AM A DUDE!! ...AND I AM TWELVE!!"

On the subject of budgie smugglers... I want them far, far away. Just not in a particular galaxy far far away I happen to frequent.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not of her own choosing.
    Choice was not a determining factor in the argument.

Vette would not choose to wear something like that either, I presume, but that doesn't mean I don't force her to wear it.

And plenty of warriors existed wearing slave combat gear. Big deal. Soooo sorry that you can't be a fashionista everywhere you go in SWTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Choice was not a determining factor in the argument.

Vette would not choose to wear something like that either, I presume, but that doesn't mean I don't force her to wear it.

And plenty of warriors existed wearing slave combat gear. Big deal. Soooo sorry that you can't be a fashionista everywhere you go in SWTOR.
    Really? Maybe I'm forgetting my history lessons, I can't think of any historical military forces that deployed troops dressed as sex slaves. Anyway, that's immaterial. It messes up my immersion. Maybe it doesn't mess up yours. Different strokes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? Maybe I'm forgetting my history lessons, I can't think of any historical military forces that deployed troops dressed as sex slaves. Anyway, that's immaterial. It messes up my immersion. Maybe it doesn't mess up yours. Different strokes.
    Okay. Like I said, though, make sure you avoid the movies. They will destroy your immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Yet somehow running around in a slave bikini on a female, cutting down people left and right and being stabbed and just shrugging it off isn't 'idiotic crap'?

I mean, maybe I'm just too open-minded but I honestly can't see why someone would be against skimpy outfits for males but okay with skimpy outfits for females. Seeing a man in a slave outfit and not finding it sexually attractive doesn't fill me with sudden disgust and irrational rage.
    Because it upsets world views for narrow-minded people. It's the old "double standard" at work again.

The fact that you're speaking some stupid about real life armed forces in a fantasy/sci-fi universe is hilarious. Also, the fact that you bitch about "breaking immersion" with said outfits shows you really don't know a damned thing about the universe in which you are playing.

I suppose your avatar's truth in advertising.
    Last edited by Viertel; 2012-02-01 at 06:57 AM.