Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Edit:
    *Added Warcraft 3

7: Assassin's Creed 1&2
    The latest game series I've been playing... completed #1 about three weeks ago, and I'm pressing on with the second. Great story, good gameplay... but sometimes a little repetitive and samey. Still fantastic though; looking forward to playing more of it.

6: The Lord of the Rings Online
    LOTRO is my second-favourite MMO I've played. It emphasises questing and levelling more than WoW, which are some of my favourite MMO aspects. It loses marks for being VERY on-off. Sometimes the game is phenomenal (mainly when directly dealing with The Fellowship) and at others its just plain boring (i.e. questing in the barren zone of Angmar). However, the player-base seems more mature than WoW's, despite the fact that it has gone F2P.

5: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Can't say enough about this game, it's by far the best game of 2011. All the memes have made the game lose its touch a bit, but apart from that it's phenomenal.

4: Warcraft 3
    The single-player mode of this game is absolutley fantastic! Story 10/10, Gameplay 10/10. Loses marks for having a less interesting expansion, and rather boring multiplayer.

3: World of Warcraft
    The game we all know and love. I have huge love for this game, even though my love for it has... lapsed... in the past few months. I've got the Annual Pass, and I'm looking forward to MoP, but 4.2 and 4.3 haven't impressed me massively. When I look back at 3.3, I feel a little sad for how much fun I had... but maybe that's just nostalgia. I really want MoP to be great... don't screw this up, Blizz.

2: Monkey Island 1,2 & 5
    I played MI 1+2 for the first time last year on my iPod touch. I played every day on the bus two and from school, and I got addicted. The games are hilarious and have brilliant stories. The latest edition (Tales) is also a fantastic addition to the story, even all these years later. I've not played the 4th Monkey Island (as its not rated amazingly), and the third I had but didn't get into it as much (the change of style is a bit weird). This game loses a few marks for having an odd MI2 ending (as Gilbert left the studio after MI2, the ending was not resolved).

1: Simon the Sorcerer
    A perfect Monkey Island-esque duo of adventure game (there were two good ones, the rest were 3D and look awful). I mainly love this game due to the fact that it's one of the first fantasy games I ever played... it's a bit "generic fantasy" but it's got great graphics, a funny story and fantasting puzzle-play. A perfect game... loses marks for the iPhone version being so buggy that I fear people will not appreciate the game's genius.
    Last edited by mmoc71fae42375; 2012-02-12 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
    Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast. A fantastic, beautiful sleeper title that I found hard to put down and still recommend to this day. I look back on that game with such fond memories. I was geeked to see Vyse and Aisha in Valkyrie Chronicles!

Another game that really played into my love of exploring - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Beautiful environments, unforgettable characters, and the super-rad element of the magical ocarina itself.
    100 times this, I agree on both. Skies of Arcadia was and still is an awesome game, I own it twice. I have it for GC as well as Dreamcast ha. Same goes for OoT though, so I guess I showed me.

Secrets of Mana is probably my favorite game of all time, lots of time spent on my old snes doing nothing but playing it....

the best time i've had playing a game though is probably going through BC raids with my old guild, though the fun probably had more to do with the people i was playing with

Deleted
    Tera Beta. No tab target system I like it!

Deleted
    Golden Sun (Original,TLA)
    Best atmosphere uniting music, graphic, a great story and characters in one excellent soup of awesome rpg

Metroid Prime
    Excellent atmosphere. It looked gorgeous on top of being a game having great music, great environments, great exploration, really nice combat system with cool weapons and creating the feeling that you're alone, discovering an alien world. Very mystic and awesome, powerful game.

Monkey Island 2
    Sadly didn't play it until it was rereleased later for the ios, but wow, what a feeling it gave me. It gave me this feeling I hadn't felt for a really long time: Being a kid again. I had lost all hope of ever finding this feeling again, but I felt the same kind of joy playing this game as was given to me when I was younger and playing games.

There are many more favorites like

Diablo 2
    Resident Evil 4
    Quake 2/3
    Half Life 1/2
    Tloz OOT, MM, Alttp
    Soul Calibur 2
    Mass Effect 2
    Last edited by mmocf128060ac7; 2012-02-12 at 02:11 AM.

FF7
    FF tactics
    doom series
    BF 1942 + desert combat mod(don't like any other games from series)
    Starcraft
    Warcraft RTS series
    WOW vanilla and burning crusade(wrath was bearable, now and MOP are thus far a joke)

special mention to counter strike
    not the best FPS in the world to me but it did get me started into the MMO world and was a lot of fun back in the day at lan partys

Quake - Original, I would have listed Duke3d here, but I think it was Quake that really turned me into a fulltime PC gamer. I was in my first "Clan" (Muppet Clan baby MC-Chef), and really got into PC gaming.

Warcraft II - Again another game that sold me on the PC market, we would make maps and set up 4 player lans all the time was a blast. 4 hour games, NP. Ready Schlonglor's website till my eyes bled. Seeing the animation where the ships roll in...hell all the cinematics were like nothing else going on at the time.

Double Dragon (Arcade) - This is the game that made me a gamer, my uncle used to take me to the local Arcade and we'd beat this game together in co-op. I was hooked on games from that point forward. I would have to stand on a chair or bar stool to even be able to play.

Mortal Kombat/Street Figher/Zelda(Nes)/Link to the Past(SNES)/FFVII - these were huge players as well for me. I can remember buying a sega after mowing lawns just so I could get Mortal Kombat with blood, I got hooked at the arcade. Street Fighter I waited for Champions edition to come out just so I could play as Vega (what a disappointment that was). Zelda was my first RPG/action rpg game and after that I was hooked on the genre. I still have grid maps that my father and I hand drew of each dungeon. Link to the past was the best Zelda game still in my opnion was really its perfect height. I would list other FF games but VII was just such a turning point in the genre and in technology. Those cut scenes were insanity at the time.

Hmmm...this is kind of tough to pick just a few
    1. WoW+expansions...I guess I have to hand the number one spot to this, spent the most time on it and I still enjoy it many years later
    2. Counter-Strike Source-I'm sorry, but this owns the shit out of this CoD crap when it was in its heyday, 1.6 was good as well but I preferred source. New one looks kinda lame, unfortunately.
    3. Super Mario Kart 64-Best game in the franchise, they should just keep this template and make new maps when making new games in the franchise
    4. Gran Tursimo 3: A-Spec-Best (realistic) racing game ever, at least until the fifth, which I have not yet played
    5. Super Mario 64-great game, was quite a new thing at the time, and while I enjoy the galaxy games the simplicity yet depth of this one really puts it over the top

CivIV:BtS is the greatest game ever created.

Too many to name on too many different platforms. If I'd had to settle for one....probably Planescape Torment. Not entirely sure though.

1. LoZ:Ocarina, most fun I ever had on a console. 2. WoW, cannot spend that many hours without some kind of love for the thing. 3. Gauntlet, getting drunk with buddies in the garage and playing until that dam thing broke. Those three stand above them all probably more for the good times I had more than the games themselves, but I still play Ocarina from time to time.

ff6
    mario rpg
    chrono trigger
    x-men legends 1 and 2
    super street fighter 2 turbo and street fighter alpha 3
    MK2 and the new one
    xenogears, xenosaga 1-3
    grandia 2
    legend of dragoon
    metal gear solid 1-4
    FF tactics
    ace combat 4