Thumbs up My own raid boss

title says it all so here goes
    ( Numbers are subject to change)

Defentos the Mad
    (Hardmode only boss in Dragonsoul has 750M HP)

Lore: A mad half human/dragon that was the the only son of Onyxia with the form of Varian in SW which she mindcontrolled.
    After Deathwing found him and realized that he was a half-breed he denied him as a true dragon.
    So he sought revenge against his grandfather by trying to steal the dragonsoul for himself and try to rule the world with it.

Phase one ( Lasts for 90 seconds):

You Start the fight by the whole raid gaining a buff which increases damage and healing by 50%, and you have to attack the boss which is protected by a mana shield which has about 200M mana
    Around 5 seconds after the fight starts 2 adds( each has around 10 million hp and melee for about 20-30kdamage) appear which need to be picked the tanks ( the adds look similar to the ones near magmaw in BWD)
    These adds constantly charge in the direction they are facing and and will deal 15M damage to anything they hit and gain a stacking buff which increase movement and attack speed for each second they are standing still (buff is removed after charging)

Tactics: This is the phase where you'd generally want to blow hero/timewarp/bloodlust, all of your dps'ers must nuke the shield to eat as much hp from as possible before p2 starts
    Now since they shield has so much hp you need the help of the tanks to bring it down by making the adds charge the boss and help nuke it down.

PHASE TWO(100-75%)
    The phase starts 90 seconds after engaging the boss whether or not you broke the mana shield, The boss starts casting spells every 5 seconds which can only be interuppted in the last 2 seconds of the spell cast
    He starts casting Fireball volley which deals 100k damage and leaves a non-dispellable dot on the raid dealing 10k damage per 2 seconds for 25 seconds.
    The second cast he uses is FrostBolt Volley which deals 100k damage and slows down all attack/casting and movement speed by 30% for 25 seconds
    The Third cast he uses is Shadowbolt Volley which deals 100k damage and increases all raid members GCD by 0.5 seconds for 25 seconds
    All the casts also have "Empower", If the cast goes through without being intterupted then the boss's casting speed by 0.5 second and stacks for the remainder of the phase ( leaving only 1.5/1/0.5/etc.. second to interupt)
    it also causes the adds to enrage, lose of focus of their targets and start to fixate on random raid members

Another spell thatis used Mind Control which is uninteruptable ( This spell is casted every 30 seconds for the rest of the encounter) The boss Summons a Red drake which he has captured and attempts to mind control it, it needs to be healed for 750k health in 20 seconds or it will fixate on the random raid members for 5 seconds each
    and channel and uninteruptable spell on it which deals 115k damage over 5 seconds, this Mind control lasts for 40 seconds. It is immune to damage.

Also the adds in phase 1 gain a new ability which allows them to hit from range, and a buff which increases damage done to the target nearest to them by 1000%

Tactics: You need the entire raid to burn down the remaining mana shield to start interupting the boss, after it is down you need to split your raid
    Melee on the boss and range on the adds

Phase Three
    The boss start Summon a Mirror image of 8 Raid members ( 2 tanks, 2 Melee DPs,2 Range dps, and 2 healers, similiar to the one in Old Kingdom) attacks you with it, each mirror can deal the same spells and abilities as the raid members which must be defeated, the mirror images share a health pool with each other and have 25 M HP each.
    Tank: This mob Focus on Reducing the other mobs damage taken and redirecting attacks to itself.
    Healer: Pretty obvious.
    Melee Dps: this mob focus's on interupting the casters and healers while stunning them aswell.
    Range dps: This mob focus's on CC'ing raid members.

Phase four (75-50%):
    The Boss starts casting rain of fire throughout the phase which deals 10k damage per seconds and increases fire damage taken by 5k every 10 seconds
    3 different type of adds spawn in this phase aswell

1: Adds from the north, spawn and target the random healers, these add burn 10% mana per attack on the healer( Can be slowed)
    2: adds from the East, spawn and target random healers, these adds reduce healing done by 10% per attack on the healer( can be slowed)
    3: Adds from the ground, these adds spawn from under the ground in random places and try to attack the red drake which you are healing (immune to CC)

Tactics: The most important part of this phase is that the healers now have to heal the red dragon which the boss tried to MC to full ( Healing it for about 1M hp) while keeping
    the healers and the dragon free from adds
    So this is a survival phase.

Phase Five: (50-0)
    The Boss goes insane that he still hasn't killed you yet so he transforms into a dragon and casts all the regular dragon abilities ( firebreath,tailswipe)
    and he resummons the adds from phase one which will be needed to be kited around and uses all the spells from phase two and rain of fire from phase four,
    but the red dragon which you have rescued buffs you giving you 50% more hp and gives you 50% more damage/healing/mana regen. The boss also gains an enrage timer of 2 minutes so you need to kill it fast!
    Last edited by Afy; 2012-01-31 at 01:32 PM.
    When the going gets tough.
    The tough start bubble hearthing!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Afy/advanced of In progress- Kazzak!

Quote Originally Posted by afy View Post

Phase Five: (50-0)
    . The boss also gains an enrage timer of 2 minutes so you need to kill it fast!
    So like 375 M hp in 2 min?

Seems like a very difficult encounter !

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a ludicrous hard encounter, pretty nice, lore seems fucked up..but it's alright :P
    Howay the lads!

Sounds fun tbh. I liked the tanks' positioning of the adds in P1.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Me wanna try it
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by afy View Post
    PHASE TWO(100-50%)
    The phase starts 90 seconds after engaging the boss whether or not you broke the mana shield, The boss starts casting spells every 5 seconds which can only be interuppted in the last 2 seconds of the spell cast
    He starts casting Fireball volley which deals 100k damage and leaves a non-dispellable dot on the raid dealing 10k damage per 2 seconds for 25 seconds.
    The second cast he uses is FrostBolt Volley which deals 100k damage and slows down all attack/casting and movement speed by 30% for 25 seconds
    The Third cast he uses is Shadowbolt Volley which deals 100k damage and increases all raid members GCD by 0.5 seconds for 25 seconds
    All the casts also have "Empower", If the cast goes through without being intterupted then the boss's casting speed by 0.5 second and stacks for the remainder of the phase ( leaving only 1.5/1/0.5/etc.. second to interupt)
    it also causes the adds to enrage, lose of focus of their targets and start to fixate on random raid members
    So the boss only spams spells that have to be interrupted? Doesn't seem very fun. What's the point of designing 3 differents spells if none of them have to go through anyway?

When do phase 3 and 4 start?

Deleted
    How to make a fake epic/hard/end boss :

- "Numbers are subject to change" like your boss is ever going to be implemented
    - Name it xxxx the mad/the big bad/the big big bad
    - Make it a 18-phases encounter
    - Give the boss 158 293 495 billions HP
    - Give the raid a "buff which increases damage and healing by 50%"
    - Ridiculously high damage on the raid, overgear it in 2 weeks

It's funny because that's what Blizzard did for many bosses lastly.

=> Lack of creativity

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it on MMO-Champion or some other WoW forum, where several years ago I saw a thread from someone who had designed several "boss" encounters, a whole raid's worth really, and challenged people to come up with strategies for defeating them? He/she had detailed descriptions of all the variables, maps of the encounter layout, etc., and people had to come up with group comps, strategies, math backing up their conclusions... They were puzzles, essentially. It was quite popular, and was fun to read through.

I think the first encounter was a Patchwerk-style boss that reproduced himself at certain % thresholds, and I remember something about a triangular room where the trick was about positioning them in a certain way. I don't remember the details now.

Edit:

Looks like I got the first and second encounters confused, but here is the thread I was thinking of. That was fun; I miss that.
    Last edited by MissCleo; 2012-01-31 at 01:49 PM.

Made a mistake there phase 2 is only supose to be until 75%hp, so p3 starts at 75% and p4 starts at 50%.
    I also wanted to put the spells to be interrupted because the melee would otherwise would have been just standing there and just dpsing the boss for p1 and .

Deleted
    Each dps needs 180k dps to beat that p4 enrage if you ignore healer/tank dps and adds.

Maybe the enrage timer can be pushed then to like 5 minutes O.o