Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Still can't abandon quests!!!

In one of the CS replies they mentioned this will be fixed in Jan 31st patch... Apparently it was not fixed.

Does anybody have Patch notes handy?/ Official forums are down.
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Patch notes for all current and former patches can be found HERE

Deleted
    Yeah, says it has been fixed and it hasn't,. i've got 8 grey quests i cant get rid of

Deleted
    They attempted to fix it, but yeah some are disbannable and some arent. i usually dont do bonus quests for that reason ;>
    i just hate the thought of old quests in my log!

well basically click reset button, if this doesnt help - finish them.

These quests are planet's major lines. Once started, you dont have an option to drop them as you didnt get them by regular means. You get those quests as followups instantly upon turning in the previous planet storyline quest.

And looking at you probably spacebaring dialogues and not caring about the stories makes me hope you'll go back to wow as soon as possible to play with other kids. really.

Don't do that ~ Dakia
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-01-31 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Patch notes for all current and former patches can be found HERE
    Thanks, link is not working atm. Ive been looking for alternative source since SWTOR website is down but servers are up.
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Thanks, link is not working atm. Ive been looking for alternative source since SWTOR website is down but servers are up.
    Try launhcer patch notes

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Hmmm, it is working for me. The only patch I can't view is 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by agracul View Post

And looking at you probably spacebaring dialogues and not caring about the stories makes me hope you'll go back to wow as soon as possible to play with other kids. really.
    Excuse me?? How can you judge like this not knowing how many toons I have and how many class stories I've went thru. I gave you no reason to insult me. ALl I asked is for Patch notes and Abandon quests!

These quests are planet's major lines. Once started, you dont have an option to drop them as you didnt get them by regular means. You get those quests as followups instantly upon turning in the previous planet storyline quest.

Wow, you are an idiot. God forbid someone has a different play style then you do and wants to get to 50 asap for end game. I am 31, and I space bar a lot of quests. I just don't have time to listen to every dialog. A friend and I re rolled after having decked out 50's to help Republic out as they are so under populated. We aren't watching every dialog, sorry. I do watch my main story but I cant watch -every- quest. I also do every flash point, multiple times if I have a good group, and pvp on the way up. Often I out level a planet and I refuse to do a quest that's grey to me. Bioware might want to consider just how fast quests go grey, if a mob can do any damage to me, it should stay green. I was forced to do them to get them the hell out of my log. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to drop quests. You are also the guy who has to waste 3 other peoples time in a flash point rather then coming back on your own time to watch the intro dialog, aren't you?

Warning - No need to be so aggressive. Name calling and insults are not appropriate. ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-01-31 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Wow, you are an idiot. God forbid someone has a different play style then you do and wants to get to 50 asap for end game. I am 31, and I space bar a lot of quests. I just don't have time to listen to every dialog. A friend and I re rolled after having decked out 50's to help Republic out as they are so under populated. We aren't watching every dialog, sorry. I do watch my main story but I cant watch -every- quest. I also do every flash point, multiple times if I have a good group, and pvp on the way up. Often I out level a planet and I refuse to do a quest that's grey to me. Bioware might want to consider just how fast quests go grey, if a mob can do any damage to me, it should stay green. I was forced to do them to get them the hell out of my log. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to drop quests. You are also the guy who has to waste 3 other peoples time in a flash point rather then coming back on your own time to watch the intro dialog, aren't you?
    yes i am because watching scenes and it is a totally different type of gameplay. i got my first 50 only two days ago because i did every quest and watched every scene, and i even haven't even been to corellia yet. this game is charming in its own way, and you people make is another wow. seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been able to abandon some of my bonus series quests since the recent patch. I've found that the Tattoine ones tend to stick no matter what though, I have that Bonus Series quest and another random quest from level 25 or so still sitting in my log waiting to be finished.

All in all it's gotten better, but there still seem to be a few bugs. Hopefully with another patch or two all the quests can be deleted.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

yes i am because watching scenes and it is a totally different type of gameplay. i got my first 50 only two days ago because i did every quest and watched every scene, and i even haven't even been to corellia yet. this game is charming in its own way, and you people make is another wow. seriously.
    I have lvl 50 Sith Assassin I watched every class quest I also have an active WoW account. You picked up a fight for no reason here and keep going. Leave this thread or post Patch notes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Patch notes for all current and former patches can be found HERE swtor.com/patchnotes

Thanks !

Corrected an issue that could cause an ability icon to appear usable but be unresponsive to clicks or keypresses for several seconds.

I do hope this is fixed as it could be a real issue sometimes.

Sage
    Salvation: No longer heals targets twice on application. It now correctly heals all affected targets once when applied.
    That would explain why I had sometimes trouble to kill Sages

Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving mission rewards for completing Warzones.
    That was a real bother

The leader of an Operations Group will no longer receive an incorrect message informing them that their companion has been dismissed.

Haha was kinda fun to have 20 red messages flooding the chat "your companion has been dismissed"
    Last edited by mmoc52fc66ab99; 2012-02-02 at 11:37 AM.

a GM told me weeks ago that it was being fixed. i still have half my log filled up with random un-abandonable quests

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up and started doing mine. A little story never hurt anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I gave up and started doing mine. A little story never hurt anyone.
    Sometimes the simplest solution is the best. I haven't seen this bug and can see how it would be aggrivating, but if I did have this bug, I would do what Philefluxx has and just run through them. They are grey so they should be pretty quick and easy.

Maybe a solution would be... oh I don't know... finish the quest?

your a dweeb , once your on your 4th char you will be qqing , just because you still have a boner for this game dosent mean that you have any right to act all holier than thou

Infracted - This kind of language and attitude doesn't need to be used at all. Stay on topic and don't insult others. ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-01-31 at 05:06 PM.
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Maybe a solution would be... oh I don't know... finish the quest?
    Maybe you can't do them because they're in a cave or something you cannot zone into when you're not on the main quest the bonus is for? Hrm?