Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I gave up and started doing mine. A little story never hurt anyone.
    Sometimes those quests that can't be abandoned are the bonus quests where you have to enter a story area. And since I have already completed the main quest there I can't get back into that story area, and as a consequence unable to complete the bonus quests even if I wanted to. Those are the most irritating ones. For all of the rest, I agree with you. I just go back and finish those.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Sometimes those quests that can't be abandoned are the bonus quests where you have to enter a story area. And since I have already completed the main quest there I can't get back into that story area, and as a consequence unable to complete the bonus quests even if I wanted to. Those are the most irritating ones. For all of the rest, I agree with you. I just go back and finish those.
    Hmmm, if I don't finish a bonus quest and turn in the "parent" quest my bonus quest automatically disappears. Sounds like it's not a bug with abandoning quests, the bonus quest should just go away, you shouldn't have to abandon them. Perhaps this is a different issue after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agracul View Post
    well basically click reset button
    Can't, the button is faded. "This is currently on a 2-minute cooldown."
    Also can't abandon, the button is faded. "You cannot abandon this mission right now."

if this doesnt help - finish them
    Can't, they're in a red phase.

So, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by romara View Post
    Hmmm, if I don't finish a bonus quest and turn in the "parent" quest my bonus quest automatically disappears. Sounds like it's not a bug with abandoning quests, the bonus quest should just go away, you shouldn't have to abandon them. Perhaps this is a different issue after all.
    The quests are from the bonus series' you can get after you've completed the 'normal' quests on a planet. Not the 'Bonus' objectives you get while doing other quests. I can see where the terminology can be confusing though.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    The quests are from the bonus series' you can get after you've completed the 'normal' quests on a planet. Not the 'Bonus' objectives you get while doing other quests. I can see where the terminology can be confusing though.
    The quests I can't abandon, reset or finish are bonus quests, as in bonus objectives under a main quest which doesn't exist anymore, not bonus series quests.

The reason why they're there are because they're for a different class on a different starting planet, the class main quest couldn't be picked up or shared, but the bonus quest popped on the list, however I got no credit toward it from kills, so no way of getting rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The quests I can't abandon, reset or finish are bonus quests, as in bonus objectives under a main quest which doesn't exist anymore, not bonus series quests.

The reason why they're there are because they're for a different class on a different starting planet, the class main quest couldn't be picked up or shared, but the bonus quest popped on the list, however I got no credit toward it from kills, so no way of getting rid of it.
    Yeah.. this is exactly my problem. Quests can not be completed anymore neither abandoned.
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

I still can't abandon a trooper bonus quest of mine that tells me to stay frosty. Now how do i do that? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    I still can't abandon a trooper bonus quest of mine that tells me to stay frosty. Now how do i do that? haha
    Haha, now that's funny.... Stay Frosty!!! I was myself getting very aggravated by this problem, as I got into my mid 40's I literally couldn't accept any more quests that I needed for the new planets I was getting to. I finally gave in and went back to a couple planets and completed out about 8-10 different ones to free up my log. Some of them kept continuing on and on before I could finally complete them out. So far I haven't ran across any that were locked up and I couldn't get to the objective to complete them, /fingers crossed I don't. Gonna ding 50 today and one of the first things I'm doing is going all the way back to the beginning and getting rid of all those clinger missions. I want only missions I'm actually doing in my log from now on. Any alts I roll from here on out I'll be very wary to not let this happen.
    Necroshie - Affliction Warlock of Sargeras (US) Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    I have that same stupid fucking failed bonus mission.

Frosty can kiss my ass.

The only one I have that I can't abandon is the initial bonus quest for Tatooine. I've never gotten bonus quests off of other class' quests, simply because I don't group up typically to do regular questing. I'm already over level for every planet I've hit, without doing the flashpoints or any daily pvp. I have been (typically) closing out every quest on a planet before I leave but I didn't like Tat enough to stay there any longer than I had to.

But, I can definitely see where that would be annoying as hell having quests from other classes that you can't get rid of.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Ahh ok, sorry about that. Misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm joining the Trooper "Stay Frosty" club. Had it on my log for a while now. I dont really feel like going to the place just to finish just a mini-no-chain-fun-quest. Hoping they will fix the abandon quest thing soon.
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

10+ Year Old Account

Joveth Gonzalez
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that we have been investigating this issue with the patch note not matching up to in-game behavior since we started seeing these type of threads yesterday.

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

This is a high priority issue for us, and it won't be resolved overnight, but we are actively working towards a solution. We apologize for the error with the patch note and we will also work to prevent situations like that from happening again.

The patch note has since been removed and we will keep you updated on the status of a resolution to this issue.

Thank you very much for your patience and for your understanding
    It was a miscommunication in the patch notes it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    well basically click reset button, if this doesnt help - finish them.

Don't do that ~ Dakia
    I can't finish the bugged bonus quests that I have back in Korriban. They're in phases I'm not allowed in anymore. Something has to be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post
    I can't finish the bugged bonus quests that I have back in Korriban. They're in phases I'm not allowed in anymore. Something has to be done.

Huh that's terrible I was thinking of going back to finish some old quest as I have like 15-20 of them sadly. But half of them are Bonus ones T_T <- Sad panda
    Last edited by mmoc52fc66ab99; 2012-02-02 at 11:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they should just let people abandon any quests they don't want to complete. Even if your in the middle of a chain/story quest we should be able to abandon it, except maybe the class quests. If we want to go back and do every quest in a zone then we can just pick them back up and do them over.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch Notes for 1.1.2 show that more bonus quests can now be abandoned! Rejoice!
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    my advice is: leave the quest there, untrack it, and do it whenever you have time later on. if you are higher level than the quest, then it will be a walk in the park.
    the downside is the planet loading times...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    my advice is: leave the quest there, untrack it, and do it whenever you have time later on. if you are higher level than the quest, then it will be a walk in the park.
    the downside is the planet loading times...
    I think you missed the point where we said the quests that can't be abandoned are in an inaccessible phase, thus making them impossible to finish as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, your log only allows you to have 25 active quests. Its not good when half your log is unabandonable and you can't go back and do them.