Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Will be struck down by higher courts soon enough. Funny how conservatives complain about bigger government and then turn around and use big government to impose their will.

Because some people see the unborn child as a human being with value
    So why are those same people so averse to seeing born children as having value? Being valuable enough to deserve education regardless of income. Valuable enough to deserve healthcare even if their parents can't? Valuable enough to deserve food and shelter through welfare programs because they didn't pick to have drugged out mothers? Valuable enough to have a mother who's guaranteed that her job have healthcare benefits and a reasonable wage to take care of them? Valuable enough to prosecute fathers who financially abandon their children?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
    Awesome. That'll give them something to think about.
    Probably wont, pro-lifers mostly religious people are the pinnacle of human hypocrasy.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Last edited by Ghostie; 2012-01-31 at 06:15 PM. Reason: wasn't nice

I use a condom, and the girl I'm seeing is on birth control. We have absolutely no desire to have a baby (I'm just shy of 25, she's 19). We are taking the proper precautions to enjoy an active sex life while doing our best to minimize the risk of pregnancy.

That being said. If she gets pregnant, we have agreed that she is going to have an abortion, because neither of us have any desire to have a child with our DNA on this Earth that we aren't taking care of. There isn't a question, fetus, baby, however you choose to look at it, will cease to exist.

I'm not entirely sure how politics and religion threads often get shut down, while this remains open, but I'm absolutely disgusted by the people saying 'only rape victims should have abortions'. Sometimes birth control doesn't work, but telling someone to be abstinent is the worst choice possible.

Just like God, that baby doesn't exist until it Michael Phelps' it's way down that vagina. I assume since other people have been so poignantly displaying their opinions, that it's ok for me to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Not all children get adopted into a happy home, there are just not enough willing families. (That qualify)

Many children end up getting abused.
    I sit on the fence every time this topic comes up, but there's one thing for sure... If every legally (we won't even count the illegal) aborted child/object were actually born and adopted, we would most likely increase the current population of adoptees by millions. With that in mind, all the more children would be forced to live in deplorable conditions and worse - a good portion of the locations that house these children would either shut down due to sheer numbers, or start rejecting children, which puts the burden of finding the home on... who?

The topic is just a sad state of affair no matter which side you're on.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    So why are those same people so adverse to seeing born children as having value? Being valuable enough to deserve education regardless of income. Valuable enough to deserve healthcare even if their parents can't? Valuable enough to deserve food and shelter through welfare programs because they didn't pick to have drugged out mothers? Valuable enough to have a mother who's guaranteed that her job have healthcare benefits and a reasonable wage to take care of them? Valuable enough to prosecute fathers who financially abandon their children?
    ^ I agree with this.

Many people are anti-abortion, but at the same time many of them are against supporting social services for said children.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    Absolutely pathetic.

So why are all these guys getting blown up in Iraq and Afghanistan for if it's not to preserve freedoms and freedom of choice etc?
    It doesn't remove the choice to have an abortion.... At most it makes the mother think about their decision a bit harder. You might think that anyone having an abortion has already thought about it carefully but there are people out there who will have a dozen or more abortions and actually don't think about it that much.

it sounds great to me.

getting pregnant isnt one mistake..its lots on behalf of both people from not getting long lasting contraception(implants etc) to all the time leading up to sex you could say this isnt worth possibly getting pregnant to barrier contraceptions during and probably no morning after pills..its a long series of decisions where both people could have prevented being pregnant..if neither own up to the responsibility then guess what, actions that could have been avoided have consequenses and you deal with it; including the reality of abortion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why are those same people so adverse to seeing born children as having value? Being valuable enough to deserve education regardless of income. Valuable enough to deserve healthcare even if their parents can't? Valuable enough to deserve food and shelter through welfare programs because they didn't pick to have drugged out mothers? Valuable enough to have a mother who's guaranteed that her job have healthcare benefits and a reasonable wage to take care of them? Valuable enough to prosecute fathers who financially abandon their children?
    My thoughts eactly. Also,Chonogo's picture posted above raises another good point. If said fetus does grow up gay, how come they're no longer treated like a human being and allowed the same basic rights as straight people?

.... Thanks Ghostie
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2012-01-31 at 06:20 PM.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Although I belive abortion should not be taken lightly and should be one of the last choices I Also belive that abortion is helpfull, why bring up a child in an overpopulating world and a potentially abusive home. But this is straying off topic, I don't like this law one bit.

I can't believe that trying to tell a woman what to do with her own body is still a debate in this society. Time to let it go, religious types.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    You've got it wrong and I'm not going to bother trying to tell you how much of a great thing it was that my nephews were adopted. It was truly a blessing so I wouldn't be so judgmental, Ghostie.
    I actually removed that right after I wrote it since it was judgemental.

Deleted
    how about u all shut up,no1 gives a crap about ur opinions,you have nothing to say about anything,if woman wants abortion then she should have one,she only should decide without any problems,it would live inside her 9 months,she would fed it,she would give a birth to that child,no1 else,so no1 else should say anything about it,its totaly mother choice what she wants to do with her baby,if she wants to end it fine,if not give birth to it and take care of it all ok.you can all fo with ur religions shit,and wth i know ur so called opinions.seriously no1 should have anyhting to say about that then a woman.her body end of story

dont like it?well u can kiss me where sun doesnt shine.thanks

User infracted: Play nice
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-01-31 at 08:20 PM.

I actually removed that right after I wrote it since it was judgemental.
    Thanks I edited my post.

15+ Year Old Account
    So why are those same people so averse to seeing born children as having value? Being valuable enough to deserve education regardless of income. Valuable enough to deserve healthcare even if their parents can't? Valuable enough to deserve food and shelter through welfare programs because they didn't pick to have drugged out mothers? Valuable enough to have a mother who's guaranteed that her job have healthcare benefits and a reasonable wage to take care of them? Valuable enough to prosecute fathers who financially abandon their children?
    In their self rightous state of mind, everything that is free that can make them feel better is good and worth fighting for.
    Any costs comming from them getting to feel better is not worth paying.
    Human life (if you consider it a life) is only worth something as long as it is free for them.

Hypocrasy at it's finest hour.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, so what happens if they don't look at the screen? Is the law going to require that their eyes are held open or they have to stare at the monitor for X minutes.

So ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    how about u all shut up,no1 gives a crap about ur opinions,you have nothing to say about anything,if woman wants abortion then she should have one,she only should decide without any problems,it would live inside her 9 months,she would fed it,she would give a birth to that child,no1 else,so no1 else should say anything about it,its totaly mother choice what she wants to do with her baby,if she wants to end it fine,if not give birth to it and take care of it all ok.you can all fo with ur religions shit,and wth i know ur so called opinions.seriously no1 should have anyhting to say about that then a woman.her body end of story
    No, not end of story. This is about giving everybody a chance to live. Even if you weren't religious, if you value life at all, you would not end it before the baby is even born.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    No, not end of story. This is about giving everybody a chance to live. Even if you weren't religious, if you value life at all, you would not end it before the baby is even born.
    Thats just it though, your talking about giving a life a chance before its born. How can you give something that is not living a chance to? I understand this is where you say it is "alive" and yes I agree with that, however it does not know it is "alive" especially at a very early term in the pregnancy.