Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Least Favourite Planet

So what's your least favourite planet in SWTOR?

For me it has to be Hoth. I just find it too long, too empty and visually boring. Shame really as I had my hopes for poor Hoth

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst planet for me was probably Belsavis. The amount of quests that it gave me near the end nearly made me rage quit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taris started out awesome, and turned into yet another hilariously botched Bioware runtime optimization that made its way into a release candidate. I swear, I'm the only person that remembers all the mind-blowingly awful memory leaks that cropped up mid-game in KOTOR and knows not to trust BW programmers as far as one could throw them. Even though now that it's fixed and I've heard the planet is actually one of the best I still don't want to go back there because of how incredibly awful it was trying to escape from that black hole system lag trap.

After that... Ilum. They took a bad but workable daily quest and made it ten times worse. You'd think one of the engine programmers would have stopped one of the level designers in a meeting when they wanted to build a PvP zone so large that it would feel empty without several hundred people on both factions. You'd think he would have reminded the level designer that the engine can barely accommodate a few dozen players participating in active combat in one area. You'd think that, but then you'd have to remember that this game isn't made by Blizzard and doesn't take their iterative design and QA feedback seriously at all.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Someudontno View Post
    The worst planet for me was probably Belsavis. The amount of quests that it gave me near the end nearly made me rage quit.
    I loved Belsalvis...dunno why though.

I really dislike Alderaan though, that place just was awful for me for some reason. I think it was the people, every time I had to deal with them they reminded me just how infuriating they were. That and the bug people...I didn't quite get that story.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I loved Belsalvis...dunno why though.

I really dislike Alderaan though, that place just was awful for me for some reason. I think it was the people, every time I had to deal with them they reminded me just how infuriating they were. That and the bug people...I didn't quite get that story.
    See I loved Alderaan. Visually it was stunning and as a dark side BH the satisfaction at the end was just brilliant

I agree on Taris, even re-playing it after they fixed the memory leaks and frame rate problems, it drags on too long.

After several hours there's only so many bloody Rakghouls you can take

I disliked Nar Shaddaa. The reason being is that, as a Republic player, you go to Coruscant (A city world), then to Taris (a destroyed city world), to Nar Shaddaa (yet another city world). By the time I reach Nar Shaddaa, I just want a wide open planet like Tatooine.

10+ Year Old Account
    See I hated Alderaan and loved Hoth. I mean Alderaan was beautiful, but the Aristocracy of everyone just pissed me off. There is a reason Grand Moff Tarkin blew that shit up and it wasn't just to piss off Leia.

Deleted
    Belsavis had potential, as a prison planet, but ended boring.
    Taris was meh.
    Voss was pretty boring too imo, too many hippies.
    Alderaan was shit, except during the last quests when you get to kill the "false king"
    Ilium was clearly misused imo. I mean, that's the planet where Jedis come to get their lightsabers' cristals, and they made it into another random battlefield.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taris, and Balmorra

15+ Year Old Account
    Nar Shaddaa.
    It was the first planet for me where the long distances and backtracking really came into play for me. And for that reason I still dislike it the most.

I loved Belsavis though. I enjoyed the storyline around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taris or Nar Shaddaa.

Idc what they say, Pluto will always be my fave

Quote Originally Posted by jeire View Post
    idc what they say, pluto will always be my fave
    pure win!!

Deleted
    Nar Shadaa,

I hated navigating that place. Too many lifts, levels and interconnected paths to leave much space for intuitive navigation.

Every other planet for me was a downer. DK, Alderaan, Balmorra, Quesh.

Taris worse to me by a longshot.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Balmorra for me! i can't stand that place, the storyline is just so meh to me. its just a bunch of winy officers.
    -The Empire,Will be the End of you all-

Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa. I really hate the enclosed, corridor like areas of the game. The game is on rails enough but these two areas take the cake for that.