DC'd during Dormus the Camel Hoarder encounter

A few months back, I did it! I found the MCF that ports you to Feralas and I was about to fight (and kill) Dormus for the Mount/Achieve! Unfortunately I dc'd during the load on Feralas and when I reloaded in, Dormus was not there, and I was unable to experience the encounter. A GM responded very quickly (which was awesome) but was unable to assist me at that time. He mentioned the "magical forces that be Blizz" would look into this issue and that a resolution would eventually come to pass. Weeks and months later, and after many tickets, it seems it was impossible to help me with this and that no solution was found.

Is this a working as intended effect? If not, was there anything I could have done to either be able to experience this awesome (and super rare) find or to have a solution in place??

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch, I think you are pretty much at the mercy of Blizzard.

It's just bad luck. Same as people dc'ing on a first kill and not getting an achievement / title. "Shit happens" so to speak. GM's generally do not help with these matters.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things which grant achievements or FoS'es rarely get awarded even if you DC'd or you can prove there was a bug.
    I had it with the kalu'ak Fishing Derby. I had the fish, Hearthstoned to Dalaran and was at the hand-in guy; then I got a WoW Error when I tried to speak to the NPC and when I logged back in; which was like 3 minutes after, someone just got the achievement from the Fishing Derby....
    My Logs and the WoW Error message which I send to Blizzard did prove I had a DC and I was on the spot to hand in BEFORE the other guy; but NEVER got the credit for it. (on a side note; I won the BB one half a year later tho).

Unfortunately your shitty net is what screwed you and Blizz never seems to take any kind of action in these cases! That is one hell of a disappointment!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidone View Post
    It's just bad luck. Same as people dc'ing on a first kill and not getting an achievement / title. "Shit happens" so to speak. GM's generally do not help with these matters.
    Sometimes they will, if the achievement is very prestigious. I don't think this would count as such though, as it can technically be obtained at any time.
    RETH

Yeah, I had a somewhat similar experience last week when I died to falling damage during the Baron Geddon encounter as he was killing himself with his "last service" emote. The corpse had no sparkles, and despawned before I could get back to it. I was saved to the instance yet couldn't get any loot. The GM, though polite and friendly, either wouldn't or couldn't either undo my lockout and let me try again or give me whatever had been on Geddon's loot table at the time because there was no confirmed kill in their records--despite the fact I was saved to the instance, and no other bosses had been downed.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Yikes. Getting dc'ed during Dormus.. That makes me cringe just thinking about it.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

well that sucks for you, Blizzard won't do anything about it, same thing if you dc during Aeonaxx fight, he despawns and you are in a bad mood for the next 12h at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooAce View Post
    A few months back, I did it! I found the MCF that ports you to Feralas and I was about to fight (and kill) Dormus for the Mount/Achieve! Unfortunately I dc'd during the load on Feralas and when I reloaded in, Dormus was not there, and I was unable to experience the encounter. A GM responded very quickly (which was awesome) but was unable to assist me at that time. He mentioned the "magical forces that be Blizz" would look into this issue and that a resolution would eventually come to pass. Weeks and months later, and after many tickets, it seems it was impossible to help me with this and that no solution was found.

Is this a working as intended effect? If not, was there anything I could have done to either be able to experience this awesome (and super rare) find or to have a solution in place??
    Sounds like bad luck. Blizz will likely not replace it (from my experience). Good luck though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if that happened to me I would walk away from the game for a few days, but then I'd be back, farming more figurines.

Yea, it was really disappointing. But I guess that's "working as intended". It's hard to find the heart to go back and start looking again after months of doing so before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooAce View Post
    Yea, it was really disappointing. But I guess that's "working as intended". It's hard to find the heart to go back and start looking again after months of doing so before.
    I guess you need to just think whether or not the camel is worth it. Statistically speaking your chances of seeing the camel will be the same as they were before evne though you have seen him already.

Deleted
    The camel is ugly and the title isn't really good for anything but show-off :P I use neither of them. Just happy I got another Feats of Strength achievement ;>

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found the figurine on my little priesty while questing..had no clue what the hell it was for and started freaking out when I saw Dormus running towards me ot attack me. She loves the Camel and wears the title because she has nothing better to display really plus it means I don't have to grind the rep to get one of the other ones like my guildies have been doing :P

My friend found the one in Deepholm, with the mount and she killed him but got DCed just as she killed him and the GM told her tough luck, better luck next time as they couldn't see proof she killed him..now that I would be annoyed with!

Quote Originally Posted by Azandur View Post
    The camel is ugly and the title isn't really good for anything but show-off :P I use neither of them. Just happy I got another Feats of Strength achievement ;>
    That's all based on your opinion though, a few people out there that have the Camel love it and use it and the title on a regular basis. One of my guildies has spent months and months looking for the figurine because she is jealous I got it but that's the way she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Azandur View Post
    Eh, I don't care about the camel. It's all about the title.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.