Healing comp for heroic zon'ozz

Today we're going to attemot hm zon and as healing lead I have this to choose from in regards to healing comp (10 man)

Resto druid
    Disc priest x2
    Holy pally x2
    Resto sham

Take the nerfs to holy pallies into account please, the resto druid is me and I can't really sit myself out as I have to lead said fight too.

The nerfs to Holy Paladin? The mana cost nerf on HR is miniscule in the scheme of things and the 4 set has been nerfed since week 2 of 4.3.

OT though: HM Zon'ozz really just requires coordination amongst healing CDs and knowing dispell routes (10 man). I would just set up a balanced healing comp of a Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman, and Resto Druid based off of your comp. You could substitute in a disc priest for any one of those healers if you bothered to or if you didnt have an accompanying shadow priest.

HM Zon'ozz just is a coordination based fight and you shouldn't even worry too much about healing comp. Get the strat down, the boss is dead no matter which healers you take.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberarya View Post
    The nerfs to Holy Paladin? The mana cost nerf on HR is miniscule in the scheme of things and the 4 set has been nerfed since week 2 of 4.3.

OT though: HM Zon'ozz really just requires coordination amongst healing CDs and knowing dispell routes (10 man). I would just set up a balanced healing comp of a Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman, and Resto Druid based off of your comp. You could substitute in a disc priest for any one of those healers if you bothered to or if you didnt have an accompanying shadow priest.

HM Zon'ozz just is a coordination based fight and you shouldn't even worry too much about healing comp. Get the strat down, the boss is dead no matter which healers you take.
    Awesome, we have a shadow preist so yeah. Would it be viable to take 3 melee to this? Such as feral kitty (gm) dk (uh) and either a combat rogue or another dk (frost).

You want to bring as many ranged as possible, and definately a combat rogue to blade flurry down the claw and boss. The others are meh, if you can bring more ranged do so.

We killed it with a setup of 1x Resto Druid, 1x Holy pally and 1x Holy Priest.

A resto shaman is not really preferable on this fight, since our raid CD only works when people stand in it, which they wont do for very long when moving for adds, and our aoe healing is also limited to when people are stacking. I have healed it as a resto shaman instead of our holy priest, but it makes everything incredibly much more complicated.

Dunno about discs, guess their barrier suffers the same problem as Spirit Link Totem

Deleted
    On this fight the pally nerf is nearly irrelevant since they won't need to use HR much for heroic 10m. Pallies remain very strong for healing black phase due to their huge number of personal CDs and Divine Light spam so I'd bring one of them for sure.

After that whether you pick a Shaman or Priest doesn't matter much, they can both do good group heals for P1, they can both contribute a lot to tank healing and dispels, they both have a good raid CD for the final phase and they are both decent healers for black phases. I'd give the edge slightly to Disc just because they can contribute on DPS a little bit and have Pain Sup for the tank for when he gets burst really hard (it happens a lot on this fight).

Deleted
    We run with Disc+hpala+Rdruid and it works fine. We've done it with 4 melee dps, but it really is a pain. Try to minimize melee dps to 3 at the very most (combat rogue on claw is very good).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluum View Post
    Awesome, we have a shadow preist so yeah. Would it be viable to take 3 melee to this? Such as feral kitty (gm) dk (uh) and either a combat rogue or another dk (frost).
    Combat rogue is a huge help on this fight so do that for sure. And yes 3 melee works fine, it's not as optimal as all ranged but it really isn't all that bad so long as the execution is good.