Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ultraxion hc resto damage

A mildly pointless subject, but one that amuses me. What are your personal DPS records for heroic Ultraxion while healing the fight? It's a DPS race fight where the healing requirements are pretty relaxed much of the time, so it's a great fight to go aggressive. Note that World of Logs isn't always that great at including your elementals in your damage done on the fight.

My personal record so far is 1 545 672 damage over 5:42 (4520 effective DPS) on a Ultraxion 10H kill. This week I only managed 4505 DPS, but it shouldn't be too hard to beat if I put some more effort into it.

Anyone else amusing themselves with stuff like this, either on normal or heroic?
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be doing this fight soon, and I've considered speccing into that bit with the free instant starfires, and doing some different glyphing, to minimize healing loss and maximize dps gains. Will post results.

Edit: Hadn't realized this was a shaman thread, but oh well :/
    Last edited by Gufkys; 2012-02-01 at 12:42 AM.
    His name is Robert Paulsen.

hey
    i did 6.8k dps as resto shammy on 10 man normal 2 healing it

still our pet without lighting bolt do 4k~ dps

so its very useful as resto shaman to use ur fire elemental there to boost some dps

Quote Originally Posted by Slashcry86 View Post
    still our pet without lighting bolt do 4k~ dps
    While up. It'll only be up for half the fight (seeing as how hc kills usually take ~5:30), but it's 5-600k damage, yes. Earth Elemental is another ~60k if the raid doesn't need Strength of Earth.

Was playing this game last week during our Yor'sahj kill, longer fight but managed 2.5 mil dmg over the duration. Moving to Ultrax tonight, I will try my hand and see how much damage I can squeeze out of my Elementals + LB's

10+ Year Old Account
    WoL seems to massively bug out for fire elementals sometimes - it may have something to do with the timing... when the person who tracks the encounter hasn't quite yet zoned back into the normal zone or something... So an entire fire elemental is missing in last night's logs. On a non-kill try, that pre-potted (seriously, do pre-pot a volcanic potion here) fire elemental got logged once, and it did 976k during that time... but I can't tell the numbers this week. My fellow shamy's first fire elemental got also omitted in that try but we dropped it right after zoning back in from avoiding the heroism-debuff.

On our first-kill 2 IDs ago, I did some 1,4x millions. If logs weren't so buggy, I could supply a higher number from last night as I was using a focused insight spec that had me cast a lot of flame shocks... and those little buggers really add up to a ton of additional damage, I'm telling you. If you add in the missing fire elemental to this week's kill, you'd end up at some 1,7 millions dmg done.

FYI, we're glyphing fire elemental for some additional dps. My raid is prone to sub-200k hp wipes (60k was worst), so every bit counts.

I managed 3800 DPS on our 9% wipe last night. It would be higher if I could drop my Earth Elemental but we needed Strength of Earth totem. It is very awkward going from 25s to 10s (silly people left for SWTOR but they've all said they hate the game) and actually dropping 4 totems for raid buffs (fire totem for DPS, we have a mage).

10+ Year Old Account
    Our earth elemental seems to be a bit stupid. Whenever I dropped it at Ultraxion, it would just stand there and do nothing. Fire elementals are much more motivated to attack ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Our earth elemental seems to be a bit stupid. Whenever I dropped it at Ultraxion, it would just stand there and do nothing. Fire elementals are much more motivated to attack ^^
    Huh. I've never had that problem if I drop it after the fight has started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, so my server got handed the dumb earth elementals or what? :P

We place elementals after the pull... Tank counts down, we hit the button to get out of the twilight realm, rest of the raid gets heroism, we return, we pop elementals. And earth elementals were just being... stupid. I'm not using mine anymore as I'm on Stoneskin duty anyway, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I'm not using mine anymore as I'm on Stoneskin duty anyway, but still...
    I usually pop mine regardless, as two minutes of not-Stoneskin near the start doesn't really make much of a difference healing-wise. Once the elemental totems expire, I'll put up a Stoneskin Totem for the remaining 3-4 minutes.

Of course, if you're needed to provide Strength of Earth and/or Flametongue you can't do that (it'll cost you more raid DPS than it'll gain you), and you'll simply have to live without the elementals.

Deleted
    I seem to recall doing around 6k, but so far I could only dps nicely once. Will have to try to edge out some more this week.

I seem to be able to push about 1.5 million damage in total. A bit more than half of that is from the fire elemental alone, and the earth elemental seem to be doing like 90-100k dmg in total, which is basically nothing at all. Depending on the length of the fight, this usually turns about to be about 6k dps in total, although the later stages of the fight drag it a bit down.

I usually start with flametongue weapon on a DPS weapon with power torrent, pre-pot volcanic and start spamming to hope for a proc before I put down the elementals. We also pop Hero/BL in the start, with the healers who aren't taking the blue buff in the twilight realm while we pop it. I also try to run with trinkets with a bit more juicy (but seldom) procs for this fight, as they boost my elementals at the start and generally come back at 1:30, 3:00 and 5:30 (where things start to get really hard). I've also macroed in flame shock on focus target whenever I click the button, which both procs Focused Insight and generally do quite a lot of damage throughout the fight.

1,98 million damage and 6,058k dps. Both fire elemental and earth elemental were attacking as they should

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=825&e=1152

5302 dps (but not HC :P)

1 828 127 damage over 5:32 this week, so up to 5506 effective DPS. Picked up a DPS weapon for lulz this week, so I should be able to increase that quite a bit if I can be bothered to enchant it

Only 1.41m over a 5:32 fight. My darn earth elemental decided to be a poser and I've not been using FS or LvB.

Is that dps from FE and LB spam (with TC) or the full dps rotation with flame shocks, LvB's?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronnos View Post
    Is that dps from FE and LB spam (with TC) or the full dps rotation with flame shocks, LvB's?
    Keeping Healing Rain, Riptide and Flame Shock up, then spamming Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst as much as mana and healing requirements allow.

Greater Fire Elemental: 817 528
    Lightning Bolt (x35): 343 591
    Searing Totem: 196 399
    Lava Burst (x15): 190671
    Flame Shock: 187433
    Greater Earth Elemental: 75 622
    Melee: 16883

Pretty crappy uptime on Flame Shock, though. Could probably get another 100k damage just by paying more attention to it.

Deleted
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/4sxuq...?s=3539&e=3831

Yay, 7.5k dps . Pretty much healing rain+dpsed full time till green, kill time 4:52.

Greater Fire Elemental: 1029087
    Lightning Bolt (x43): 509703
    Searing Totem: 166372
    Flame Shock (x12, 75% uptime): 217961
    Lava Burst (x11): 170836
    Greater Earth Elemental: 105616
    Melee: 3145

And one hotkey derp: Chain Lightning 7834
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2012-02-09 at 09:33 AM.