Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Each individual tick of Holy Fire's dmg does a mini heal through atonement, and each one of those triggers a stack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Each individual tick of Holy Fire's dmg does a mini heal through atonement, and each one of those triggers a stack.
    thats like saying rejuv and renew are "supposed" to add a stack each time it ticks

15+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed, no stacks then, or now. However, my Grid have a hard time keeping track of the 2 debuffs on ppl (names are the same), so somtimes it chooses to show 1, next time the nr2 Anyone got a solution for it?

And edit; agree it is very strange reason behind what will give a stack and what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    thats like saying rejuv and renew are "supposed" to add a stack each time it ticks
    Nope. The game can tell when a HoT is applied to the target and can determine that its supposed to give a stack then and not for each individual tick of the HoT. Holy Fire heals through atonement and procs the spell "Atonement". The game doesn't know whether its a new spell was used to proc it or a ticking DoT proced it, it just knows Atonement healed them, so a stack every tick.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    Well, Holy Fire Atonement isn't rejuv, renew, riptide and whatever else have you. Atonement is a failure on that phase.

Deleted
    Can confirm what has been said earlier, PoM still does not give a stack.

PoM adds no stack, Maw proc adds no stack.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Sorry about derailing the thread, but what about the Maw proc?
    We checked this yesturday the maw proc doesn´t apply a stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bejal View Post
    On a similar vein, did anyone notice Binding healing adding a stack to the target and to the caster? I'm sure it didn't use to...
    since it casts a heal on both yourself and your target, yes it should be giving you both a stack.

There is a lot of confusion when it comes to what stack and what dosn't. However, PoM as said earlier, does not give any stack, and should be used off cooldown. For a full list check out: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657444001

It's a "complete" list on what abilitys that give's a stack and not, best thread in a long time imo. Take care and best of luck in DS

The healing spells that cause stacks of deep corruption have been really buggy over the weeks for my raid. When we started working on it, Lightwell wasn't giving stacks, then all of a sudden it was giving a stack on initial application, which is how it was supposed to be working the whole time. I wouldn't be surprised if people are experiencing this for other spells as well. PoM shouldn't be giving stacks, trinket and weapon proc's don't either. Since you can't control when they proc or who they hit, it would make them unusable if they did. Every healer has at least one heal that doesn't add stacks, but pallys have the advantage in beacon AND WoG not giving stacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sakamae, are you sure it is the stacks that bugs, or maybe you have the same problem I have (read above post). There are 2 different Deep Corruption and sometimes my Grid only show the single one instead of the stacking one.

Deleted
    Does smite and holy fire add stacks?
    Because I thought they didn't but was under the impression that I triggered an explosion this week (I'm usually dps on this one).

15+ Year Old Account
    You're talking about attonement healing I guess? Hope you're not dpsing with Smites as Shadow... lol Yes, and besides Smite giving a stack, Holy fire gives 1 stack PER TICK, if I got it right...

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    However, my Grid have a hard time keeping track of the 2 debuffs on ppl (names are the same), so somtimes it chooses to show 1, next time the nr2 Anyone got a solution for it?
    There are eight different spellIDs for Deep Corruption. One of them is the debuff that CAUSES stacks when healed: spellID 105171
    And another is the debuff that stacks to 5 and explodes: spellID 103628
    All of the other effects are either different explosions that can occur (although I'm not sure why there are so many IDs for deep corruption explosions) or used by trash (and those ones don't matter at all).

It's important to know when spellID 10517 occurs, but it's far more important to see stacks of spellID 103628. You can add statuses to grid by SpellID, then you'll get rid of the name collision (which is causing your grid to not register stacks on deep corruption sometimes)
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-02-04 at 08:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot Zakauluka