Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Didn't this also happen at the same time 4.3 dropped?

I dont know about everyone else but with raid finder/new heroics and a pile of alts I have been going through a lot more gems (and therefore ore) lately. I dont buy much of anything from the AH, but if the same thing is going on with others it would spike prices as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can actually go to uldum and spend a hour and get 500 or so ore for the first time since cata launched, so yeah, fuck botters and anyone who supports them.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been able to buy elementium ore for ages and my stock ran out a long time ago. I wish I'd bought more while it was cheap.

Deleted
    Lol at everyone who thinks spending 2 hours mining for 40 stacks is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Bots are like Walmart, They rip off local stores, drive them out of business and outsource to china.

All things that make the economy bad in the big picture for some cheap useless crap in the short term.
    I Lol'd Very Very true !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Lol at everyone who thinks spending 2 hours mining for 40 stacks is a good idea.
    LOL @ people that used and are using bots that get banned.

Deleted
    like in real life, it would be nice if ppl were trying to EARN their money, not steal/cheat/botting their income.
    you want ore? mine for it. lazy? pay miners. mining is boring job and ppl who mine and sell ore deserve some credit (gold) for their effort.
    using bots really ruins every game...

TOTALLY worth it. Selling things is actually worth it now. Can't tell you all the time's i've been out mining and get back and all my work is practically worthless.

Yes, it was bad. I can actually go farm my own stuff now. Was impossible to do that before the last ban wave.

The botters being banned isnt the only reason. Its the high demand of Carnelians and Inferno Rubies currently. If it was only the botters than enchants would be in the same spot as pre 4.3 with only a small increase, but their prices have skyrocketed with the high demand due to rapid upgrading of items via LFR and the new heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    The botters being banned isnt the only reason. Its the high demand of Carnelians and Inferno Rubies currently. If it was only the botters than enchants would be in the same spot as pre 4.3 with only a small increase, but their prices have skyrocketed with the high demand due to rapid upgrading of items via LFR and the new heroics.
    That's because a lot of the enchanting mats came through the ore shuffle.

Still 40-50g per stack on Outland EU. Bought 350 stacks yesterday.

Its not the price of ore that bothers me, what bothers me is the total lack of supply. As ore goes up in price, so does everything else that ore is used for so it balances out. The problem is, I cant get the amount of ore I need on a regular basis anymore and farming it just isnt realistic. Even if I do end up making more per stack than I used to, Im selling a lot less. I used to buy ~150-200 stacks a day, now I might get 500 a week.

Ore has gone up in price because prospecting has become several times more profitable. Botting has little to do with it.

Also, yes, botting is that bad.

Oh, I loved bots. I scanned the AH every hour for a few months so I could see exactly who is a bot as well. There is no way you can farm 6k ore, every day for two months. No wonder there was no money in farming it by hand.

Making money can still be done through the AH with the shuffle, but now those farming can get a cut of the profits as well. If you're too lazy to have money making professions on a few toons, I guess you're shit out of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't pay 5 times the price, I make you pay for it. Having alts with professions does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If you support bots or buy gold then you are supporting the hacking of player accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If you support bots or buy gold then you are supporting the hacking of player accounts
    Guess that's me, I love my ore dirt cheap :3

Botting was bad and why would I have a problem with higher prices it equals more gold in my bags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Child labor in sweatshops is a lot better than the alternatives in those countries... like starving to death.