10+ Year Old Account

Please fix my DPS!!

Hey guys and gals,
    I was recently asked to switch specs again to boomkin. I am reallly holding my guild down in progresion and i cant understand why. Be as cruel as you want, I am the raid leader for my guild and i really feel like total ass being at the way bottom of the dps meters. Here are our roic yoursahj attempts tonight
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5wm5hbz01qyc1pwk/
    Please help me!!! I'm the boomkin Aquaixii. I have the gear, and im only putting out like 21k dps which is horrible.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aixii/advanced

Unless you are progressing on Spine (which is unlikely based on your Armory) your reforging is WAY off. You want all the haste you can squeeze out!

Try and get Boomkin tier Head and Resto Chest as off-piece.

Lunar Shower is a no-no for PvE. You can put those points in Dreamstate and/or Perseverance if you are trying HMs
    Lens Relic would be better unless you are planning to buy it and that's is just a remnan from Resto gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    and to explain about my reforging. i was at the 2637 haste cap but we didnt have our lock for those attempts so i reforged down to the next cap, which was 1929'ish? I am also needing info on which trinkets i should be using. I like the valor trinket simply b/c it gives me a 1.5min burst CD. I also have the 384 trink from regular rag and the regular necro focus. Another thing, can anybody pinpoint something that i am doing wrong in my combat logs

Also, my guild has had horrible luck with tokens, unless you are a hunter/warrior/sham. So it was either get that headpiece or use a 391 tier 12.
    Last edited by Aquaux; 2012-02-01 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110353-...3_dragon_soul/

Necromantic focus is still better than the Bottle for any fight, except Spine, where you need the burst for tendons.

Your stat priority should be int>haste>mastery>crit (given that you are hit capped).

Also, check your rotation in that link and what about your DoTs uptime?

We are not arcane mages. Yes, breakpoints give us DPS boost but haste does not lose value. You always stack haste unless the fight mechanics demand otherwise and so far it is only Alysrazor, Rhyolyth and HC Spine

-----
    From and Credit : http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com

Why Haste Breakpoints are Unimportant for Moonkin:

Passing a Haste Breakpoint is definitely a good thing, but it's important to not over value it's impact. Crossing a Breakpoint may be huge for the DpET of a DoT, but it has no special affect on the DPS of a DoT. Yes, an additional tick of a DoT will increase the damage of the spell but it also increases the duration of the spell. As a result the DPS of the spell before and after Breakpoint is virtually the same. You gain a little time by passing a Breakpoint, but the amount of time gain shrinks with each breakpoint you pass and becomes less significant.

The main reason you shouldn't care about Haste Breakpoints is overall stat valuation. Once your hit capped, Haste is the best secondary stat no matter where your stats are relative to the Haste Breakpoints. If your just above a breakpoint, Haste is still better than Crit or Mastery. Therefore it doesn't make any sense to keep your haste at a breakpoint. More Haste is always better if the alternatives are Crit or Mastery. So, to answer Jason E.'s question, there is no reason you or the other moonkin should hold your Haste levels at 18 percent. The only possibility I can think of is that he may switch to resto quite often and uses the same set of gear. In which case he is trying to optimize his gear for both rolls.

TL-DR: How I view Haste Breakpoints.

Haste Breakpoints, are a good thing to keep in mind when gearing your toon, but they shouldn't have a huge impact on your gearing choices. The only time they play a really significant roll in your DPS is when you are multi-DoTing adds and don't expect to refresh the DoTs. Plus, Haste Rating is always a better stat than Crit or Mastery. Therefore, it doesn't make any sense to sacrifice Haste for Crit or Mastery even if you just past a break point.

If at all possible I would prefer to be slightly above a Breakpoint than slightly below one, because there are advantages to being above a breakpoint. However, I wouldn't sacrifice anything more than very small amounts of Hit or Int to get there (i.e. 20 points), and I definitely wouldn't hold my haste levels constant until I could reach the next Haste Breakpoint.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2012-02-01 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you very much, i have reforged into everything i can into haste and will be buying the other relic once i get 200 more vp. any help you could give me on trinkets? I currently have DMC:V, Reg-VLPC, Valor haste trink, reg-necro.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaux View Post
    thank you very much, i have reforged into everything i can into haste and will be buying the other relic once i get 200 more vp. any help you could give me on trinkets? I currently have DMC:V, Reg-VLPC, Valor haste trink, reg-necro.
    Hmm...I would use VPLC for sure. In a single target fight NF and BW are virtually the same but NF comes ahead if said fight has multidotting and/or AoE. For DMC vs BW, DMC is better unless you need burst dmg. So imo VPLC + NF