Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Field Marshal Gorthok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    92
    wow this is all from GW2? Cool!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthok View Post
    wow this is all from GW2? Cool!
    Yeah, but there is no guaranty that all these will actually look like that or even make it into the game.

    I remember Gandara, the Moon Fortress:

    Concept Art (amazing!)


    In GW1 (nowhere near the scale or appearance)



    I know that GW1 had a lot of limitations and therefore the concept art could not be properly recreated, I'm just saying that we shouldn't put too much hope in believing that the art will look just as great in-game as it does on paper.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Yeah, but there is no guaranty that all these will actually look like that or even make it into the game.

    I remember Gandara, the Moon Fortress:

    Concept Art (amazing!)

    In GW1 (nowhere near the scale or appearance)

    I know that GW1 had a lot of limitations and therefore the concept art could not be properly recreated, I'm just saying that we shouldn't put too much hope in believing that the art will look just as great in-game as it does on paper.
    In one trailer for GW2 there is a seemless transition from concept art to ingame footage of the entirety of Divinitys Reach. They proved right there that the have the sense of scale and its appearance down pat. And i doubt they would do any worse for the other zones.

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire MissCleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    In one trailer for GW2 there is a seemless transition from concept art to ingame footage of the entirety of Divinitys Reach. They proved right there that the have the sense of scale and its appearance down pat. And i doubt they would do any worse for the other zones.


    Watch at 1080p (and fullscreen!) - the part you're talking about starts at approximately 2:02

    And, as ArenaNet said in the video information:

    The in-game part of the video is actual in-game footage. It was rendered in real-time in the game engine and recoded live using video capture hardware. Nothing was pre-rendered. All models, textures, and other assets are actual game play versions. They haven't been prettied up for marketing purposes.

    Maps are works in progress, and may change to better fit game play.

    The team is working hard to make the game even more beautiful for the full release!
    Last edited by MissCleo; 2012-02-01 at 05:39 PM.

  5. #25
    Another fav...from our fav artist ofc
    And yh, they're painted style is very well reflected in the in-game footage we've seen. Ofc, perspective will be different and they won't match exactly what we see in game, but it'll be quite close. Much much closer than GW1 concept art.
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

  6. #26
    Fluffy Kitten Bloodhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Yeah, but there is no guaranty that all these will actually look like that or even make it into the game.

    I remember Gandara, the Moon Fortress:

    Concept Art (amazing!)
    <snip images>

    I know that GW1 had a lot of limitations and therefore the concept art could not be properly recreated, I'm just saying that we shouldn't put too much hope in believing that the art will look just as great in-game as it does on paper.
    You kinda give your own answer to that.

    The difference between GW1 and 2 is that they actually use the artwork in the game as they are sketched, just take a look at the starting cinematic from the Charr or the Humans. Not sure in what way they will use the artwork in the game, but I believe it plays a bigger part than the previous game.

    Tomoko Eternal Life, Kilik Eternal Sun, Eira Frozen Hearted, Ashara Emberlight,
    Vuug The Deceiver, Grash Gravebuilder, Asgaut Divine Soul, Lera Dreamstealer

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Don't let World of Warcraft: Mists of Kung Fu Panda corrupt your thoughts on how bad ass a sentient bear could really be. Just go Read The Golden Compass.
    (It was a joke)
    I don't even object to Mists of Pandaria, just go Read Warcraft III (and then look at art by Samwise)

  8. #28
    Best concept-art team in the business. I really shouldn't look at these too much. Makes the wait unbearable.

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    1,947
    off-topic:

    I actually can't stand that MoP gets discredited for implementing pandas, I loved them in WC3 and think it's a nice fanservice to finally include them. Love the art



    I love GW2's bears more though







    sry for off-topic!

    on-topic: I love their homes too:



    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-02-02 at 06:37 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Best concept-art team in the business. I really shouldn't look at these too much. Makes the wait unbearable.
    That's a step I took some months ago, it's a pain in the ass to wait. But it'll be damn worth it, that I'm sure of!

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 07:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    off-topic:

    I actually can't stand that MoP gets discredited for implementing pandas, I loved them in WC3 and think it's a nice fanservice to finally include them. Love the art

    <Snip pics>
    I have to admit, even though I prefer GW2's concept art, WoW's art got it's charm actually That piece of art was incredibly charmy imo :P
    Last edited by roflatorlunde; 2012-02-02 at 06:39 PM.

  11. #31
    I'm not hating WoW for bringing the pandas =]. I hate it because I've never seen worst character models, I mean how do you go from this:

    to this:

    it's beyond me. Absolutely horrible and unprofessional, even if this is still work in progress it shouldn't be shown.

  12. #32
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I'm not hating WoW for bringing the pandas =]. I hate it because I've never seen worst character models, I mean how do you go from this:
    <snip>
    to this:
    <snip>
    To this:



    ---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 04:49 AM ----------

    and for comparisons sake


  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    To this:
    Oh god, make it stop.. please make it stop :[ .

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    off-topic:

    I actually can't stand that MoP gets discredited for implementing pandas, I loved them in WC3 and think it's a nice fanservice to finally include them. Love the art
    Yes, but at the same time.. basing a whole playable race/class, nay, a whole expansion off of a comic relief character in WCIII is a silly thing to do, of course people would complain.
    Yes, "Technically" it fits into the lore, forced or not.. but as lovable as Chen Stormstout is, the drunken pandaren brewmaster that burped fire and split into 3 mini pandas was quite obviously added for comic relief.


    Anyways, on topic..
    While not my favorite, I really love this Rytlock concept art. I know he's not an environment, but he also doesn't seem to fit into the creature thread.. sooo..


    And one that's more environmenty;

    (Throne room in the black citadel, apparently)

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    <snip>
    You like cogwheels Mylord? Damn, I think Charr's has way to many cogwheels everywhere in their city... It gets to a point where it's to many imo... :S
    But I guess it's down to personal preference... :P

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    You like cogwheels Mylord? Damn, I think Charr's has way to many cogwheels everywhere in their city... It gets to a point where it's to many imo... :S
    But I guess it's down to personal preference... :P
    I like the charr and their ideology (Erm, to play, not saying I think like a charr), not so much their architecture. I'm not a huge steampunk kinda guy, which is why I won't be rolling a charr engineer.. but the charr city looks like what you would expect charr to live in, and I'm okay with my warrior living there.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    You like cogwheels Mylord? Damn, I think Charr's has way to many cogwheels everywhere in their city... It gets to a point where it's to many imo... :S
    But I guess it's down to personal preference... :P
    Just gonna leave this here:

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Just gonna leave this here:
    hahhahahhahaaha, omg... That's just hilarious.

    Sorry if anyone takes offense by this.. :S

  19. #39
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    More Black Citadel?

    (Let me know if you figured out that was an in game screen shot and how long it took you to notice )


    Reminds me of a Deathstar if the Deathstar was steampunk.



    Sorry about the large images.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-02-02 at 08:19 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  20. #40
    Herald of the Titans Eorayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,957
    Very nice ones everybody Loving the concept art!

    But hands down for the glacier city of the Kodans. (which I really want to be playable, my favorite GW race!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •