Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    play god of war if you want to see such stunts

ontopic: how can anyone survive an explosion from a device that has been attached to their body with a dart?!!

Why are boobs good? Cuz they just are

How can you go to 30 different planets, in different solar systems, and they all have the exact same atmosphere?

Same gravity too.

How?

Deleted
    Same as why mario don't get melted by lava in super mario 64. And you gain health back from being at water surface swimming.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    They made a philosophical mistake, that's why.
    This is actually the truth. Both WoW and TOR have precedents:

WoW: The precedent is D&D board and dice type games. You also have other MMOs where you weren't just one shotting everything before there was WOW. The expectation of a one shot kill really isn't there because it has never been represented as such.

TOR: The precedent is for many people are the SW movies. Lightsabers are a one hit, one kill kind of weapon...or at least a one swing, one dismemberment. If Obi-Wan had to hit the dude in the cantina 50 times and kill him with with what is essentially a blunt object I highly doubt the lightsaber would be held in the same regard or be as iconic as it is today.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beskar

Good enough reason?

One could ask why the execute ability does not instantly behead every mob but then one would be foolish IMO.

Shouldn't a blaster bolt to the head kill with one shot? MMO games don't equal reality, besides if that style was used, you know people would whine on Sith/Jedi being overpowered.

How can anything get by anything and be fine? That argument can be made for any game. "Oh no my arm got chopped off. *healer heals* oh look it's back"

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSheep View Post
    Would you imagine tanking a dragon in WoW if you had to jump backward everytime it swipes with its claw, having to hide behind a wall or using your shield at the right time to protect yourself from it's breath. And to attract the dragon's attention, you would have to do some kind of maneuver that includes jumping over collapsing stairs to catch that chain hanging from the ceilling, and then land on the dragon's back, grab one of it's horn and strike on it's head with your sword as he triest to do barrel roll to make you fall down.

Of course that'd be epic in a movie, but in a gaming perspective...
    I think you just found out how to make WoW more epic feeling. Lol
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2012-02-01 at 09:41 PM.

A wizard did it...WITH SCIENCE!

Its sad to see such a stupid thread get this far.

Ot gameplay =/= lore.

hmm I understand the op's view but ye... it's a game, not a movie..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    How can she slap?
    HOW CAN SHE SLAP!?
    Hahahaha. Thank you sir.

This logic applies to any game in which someone gets hit by something that would kill them but doesn't.

Take 15 bullets to the face? K, I'll just crouch by this wall and everything will be fine in 5 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    This logic applies to any game in which someone gets hit by something that would kill them but doesn't.

Take 15 bullets to the face? K, I'll just crouch by this wall and everything will be fine in 5 seconds.
    50 cent did. Look where he's at now.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    So lets say the trooper has 100% dodge right? And after a while diminishing returns kicks in :P

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Wouldn't his head be chopped off?

The Cinematics make it look like they get ONE hit and they get a kill, yet the game play light saber is like a plastic baseball bat.
    By your logic everyone one should be 1 shot in games. Now doesnt that seem a little bit boring?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    By your logic everyone one should be 1 shot in games. Now doesnt that seem a little bit boring?
    Ever played Perfect dark (N64) with one-shot kill option on in combat simulator? That's really fun and needs good reflex/aim to survive against dark sims (hardest ones). FPS game, but still great fun to try survive a team full of dark sims.

The combat is heavily abstracted. Only the last lightsaber blow actually lands - the rest were near-misses, glanced off Cortosis-weave armor or energy shields, or just lucky dodges, just like I don't seriously think that if I nail a Jedi in the face with the stock of my gun, he's not going to be on the ground trying to fix his nose.

How come Pearl the whale is the same size as a starfish?