10+ Year Old Account

****SPOILER**** Why was the Consular Ending so boring?

Seriously? What a snorefest. Shame on you bioware...

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Seriously? What a snorefest. Shame on you bioware...
    HOLY CRAP! SPOILER ALERT!

But seriously, it wasn't that bad. I mean... a member of the Jedi Council... one of the most prominent members of the entire Order and/or the Republic itself... is actually trying to fuck your shit up. What more do you want?

Although to be fair it was pretty obvious once he sends you to the ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    As with most of the consular story, it appeals to a certain kind of crowd. I thought it was a great and perfectly suitable ending ^^

Deleted
    The Consular is a historian.
    He travels to worlds and uncovers the mysteries of the past.
    So yes, if you are not interested in the great pocture of the Star Wars galaxy, then you better play another class.

Deleted
    That's all well and good K0ng, but it basically boils down to some plague, basically turning all 'incredible' jedi's minds. Kind of makes you wonder how good they were to begin with. Honestly. I've played both the entire consular and inquisitor story, and the inquisitor one is by far, the better one. I hear similar things for the rest of the Empire stories. I thought the consular story was boring as hell too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    That's all well and good K0ng, but it basically boils down to some plague, basically turning all 'incredible' jedi's minds. Kind of makes you wonder how good they were to begin with. Honestly. I've played both the entire consular and inquisitor story, and the inquisitor one is by far, the better one. I hear similar things for the rest of the Empire stories. I thought the consular story was boring as hell too.
    A group of Jedi abandon on of their own on a dark-side planet and assume he's dead. Years later, a powerful dark force-user corrupts and drives them mad and you discover it's the guy they abandoned, who is now possessed by the ancient spirit of a powerful Sith Lord.

Oh, and then you find out that the Sith Empire has literally thousands of moles within the Republic, including multiple ambassadors, a whole host of high-ranking Jedi and even a member of the Jedi Council.

In fact, my only gripe with the story is that the Children of the Emperor didn't all activate at once. Because that totally would have been awesome/devastating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it. I would have preferred the Jedi Grand Master to be less of a puppet though. Split personality disorder is all well and good, but if he was consciously the mole, and honestly believed the universe would be better off under the Emperor's control, it would have been better. Especially if he was doing it in order to ward off a greater evil down the road.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post

In fact, my only gripe with the story is that the Children of the Emperor didn't all activate at once. Because that totally would have been awesome/devastating.
    Kira was far more interesting before that went down. The whole story; if not most class stories; is cliche city.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

It would have been really amazing if in the end you found out that YOU were the first son.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    It would have been really amazing if in the end you found out that YOU were the first son.
    So then what, you'd have to kill yourself? I've got enough issues as it is without having my MMO character have multiple personality disorder. Watching Fight Club was the closest I ever want to get to that.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

I liked the Consular story. I thought it was well done. In fact I liked it more than the SI story (assuming nothing changed much from end of beta when I played it last).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Totally disagree. From what I've seen form the SI story line its very cliché and predictable. The Consular story line was very well done, and as to those calling Syo a puppet. He was not the entire time under Empire control.

I figured Syo as the guy a little early, but no issue with that. I actually thought the big dais scene at the end was quite neat with all the companions and Rift Alliance arrayed, even if the dialogue got a little long.

The only thing I was sort of disappointed about was that I figured the shielding technique you learned in Act1 would have come into play versus the Children of the Emperor.

And of course the fact that when there's a villain there I can't just initiate combat, I have to let them have their little speech, but that's not just for Consulars.

My one complaint about the ending: when you're asked to make a choice out of the Rift Alliance's ambassadors, I didn't know whose name was whose.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    My one complaint about the ending: when you're asked to make a choice out of the Rift Alliance's ambassadors, I didn't know whose name was whose.
    I use the chat-box with that has the dialogue in it, so scrolled up. Didn't really have a preference for who it would be, but hey.

the entire story of the Consular is boring IMO