1. #1

    Well this was somewhat unexpected...

    http://i.imgur.com/1RUUg.png

    Rubi from Massively/Guildcast is now working at ANet as a community manager. Congratulations to her, though honestly I found her lack of general GW2 knowledge while on GC a bit disturbing considering that was her job. None the less, I bet she's beyond ecstatic.

  2. #2
    Thats cool and all but I dont really understand the significance.

  3. #3
    Well whats undeniable is her enthusiasm for the GW franchise, even if she doesn't know everything about the games I think she would be a good choice for promoting the game. I'm sure she will get up to speed with her knowledge of the game now that she is working for ArenaNet.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/1RUUg.png

    Rubi from Massively/Guildcast is now working at ANet as a community manager. Congratulations to her, though honestly I found her lack of general GW2 knowledge while on GC a bit disturbing considering that was her job. None the less, I bet she's beyond ecstatic.
    Yea i read about this today and she is out of excuses for botching easy info about the game. They better give her a book to study and dont let her do any interviews live else they will have to keep correcting her. That end game discussion on Guild Cast burns in my mind everytime i hear her speak.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Yea i read about this today and she is out of excuses for botching easy info about the game. They better give her a book to study and dont let her do any interviews live else they will have to keep correcting her. That end game discussion on Guild Cast burns in my mind everytime i hear her speak.
    Yep, my thoughts exactly.

  6. #6
    good for her. rubi was/is very approachable. good fit for a community manager.

  7. #7
    High Overlord Primal Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Bush and Dust
    Posts
    183
    I don't think we need a thread just for complaining about Rubi...
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

  8. #8
    Yh...it was fairly obvious from Massively's post about vacancy. Good on her, must be a dream come true.
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Well this was somewhat unexpected...
    Really? o.0
    Pretty much everyone assumed she had gotten a job at Arenanet.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Really? o.0
    Pretty much everyone assumed she had gotten a job at Arenanet.
    I thought the "..." showed a heavy dose of sarcasm in the title
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

  11. #11
    Brewmaster Neglesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Yea i read about this today and she is out of excuses for botching easy info about the game. They better give her a book to study and dont let her do any interviews live else they will have to keep correcting her. That end game discussion on Guild Cast burns in my mind everytime i hear her speak.
    My thoughts exactly.

    Jesus the Guild Cast moment rushes into my head everytime I hear her name, lol.

    Grats nonetheless. Pretty jelly.

  12. #12
    I am sure Rubi probably knew about the more obvious stuff. Being on camera live, spitting out answers to questions at random is not for everyone. Sometimes people choke or simply trip over their own thoughts/words. Only human.

    And really, getting into the specificity of things like longbows, mounts or DEs in dungeons is kinda whatever in a macro sense. Esp. on a briskly paced live show.

    I don't watch the Guildcast or care overmuch for it. But there is far too much, "Lolz they didn't know about CPCs/Mounts" fan-ism tossed about unchallenged.

    You do not have her job, MMO-C forum poster.

  13. #13
    Brewmaster Neglesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

    You do not have her job, MMO-C forum poster.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) y u no quote?!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •