Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    See, so I don't think it was such a bad question afterall, now that Mif has given us an understandable answer to our fears we can finally sleep well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
    Please don't ban me for mentioning this, but ye, I used to play a gnome mage
    Pfft... nothing wrong with Gnomes, I was a Gnome Rogue

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    This is somewhat relevant to my favorite patch note in WoW history:

Prior to that, they would have to swim through the puddles because they were so small.
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/85.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    rofl...that's too funny.

Deleted
    Pfft... nothing wrong with Gnomes, I was a Gnome Rogue
    OT Lemme guess gnome rogue with noggenfogger and world enlarger? tsk :P melee never had out of los issues Blink was "working as intended" since day one it seems cause it never got fixed...

Back on topic, I think it would be great if Anet finally released some more info about the Mesmer before anything else, so people get some sort of clear idea about the various classes and abilities. Then maybe something about traits

10+ Year Old Account
    That is amazing, and I can't believe I have never seen that before. Good to know I wasn't the only one who found those patch notes particularly memorable!

Back on topic, I think it would be great if Anet finally released some more info about the Mesmer before anything else, so people get some sort of clear idea about the various classes and abilities. Then maybe something about traits
    I hope they give us more info about Mesmer skills and a few other Profession skills we're still missing, so that we can have a more complete http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en for prep and planning!
    Last edited by MissCleo; 2012-02-02 at 02:26 AM.

Deleted
    Ye Freehoof I know about that sight, but u know more "visual aid" would be very helpful in deciding I believe the Mesmer will be a very skillful class, or at least the skill will seperate the good from the bad

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    This is somewhat relevant to my favorite patch note in WoW history:

Prior to that, they would have to swim through the puddles because they were so small.
    I didn't play Alliance during BC... I was unaware of this... You, sir (or ma'am), have made my day.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Happened to me quite alot in BM dungeon. Never blinked so much in my life, my gnome was very afraid of puddles, u never know just how deep those things are!!

A release date would be nice... but hopefully a flood of information coming this month!!!

Deleted
    Haha, awesome comic! Thanks for a good laugh

Can't wait for the start of the open betas. I've been looking at these forums everyday, multiple times each day even. I'm really happy with all the information and details, but it only makes me more anxious... Anet please don't leave us hanging any longer!!
    My last 5 years, just there.

Deleted
    Heya Bloodhunter Ok so day 2... Routine check on email for possible invite, still nothing. Oh well time to get on with some rl stuff then :P

I must have done something wrong cause it seems my previous post directed to Mif didn't show, so very strange...

Ok lets keep it simple, does the difference in height between races matter in regards to shooting/casting at an enemy? If an Asura mage is next to a Norn mage and opposite a hunched bridge or a fallen tree log is an enemy can they both cast at it or will there be some sort of "target not in line of sight" error for the poor Asura
    I'd like to respond on this as well, you will never receive a message, target not in line of sight/or object blocking the way in terms like a Fireball/Arrows etc.

It will shoot and miss.

Anyone know anything more about multiple guilds for one character??

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08...ld-membership/

the article was dated back last august, just curious if there has been any developments or if the idea was scratched??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'd like to respond on this as well, you will never receive a message, target not in line of sight/or object blocking the way in terms like a Fireball/Arrows etc.

It will shoot and miss.
    Oh, that much I know since u can still cast if u have an enemy targeted and still out of range, the spell will "miss". Ok, lemme put forward an example. There are 2 races (Norn and Asura), 1 enemy target behind a mound (mound being the height of the Asura), Norn can see the target and will surely hit the target if he casts/shoots, but does the Asura suffer a miss cause of terrain (mound) standing between him and target even if the terrain is usually negligible for other races? can both shoot and hit said target without issues? Just as Mif said (which was also my experience), in wow my gnome had issues when casting lol

From what Mif said "All hit boxes are the same size" I understood that both will be able to hit the target, I'm thinking even if the Asura "look" smaller they still have the same "height benefit" of other races.

Oh, that much I know since u can still cast if u have an enemy targeted and still out of range, the spell will "miss". Ok, lemme put forward an example. There are 2 races (Norn and Asura), 1 enemy target behind a mound (mound being the height of the Asura), Norn can see the target and will surely hit the target if he casts/shoots, but does the Asura suffer a miss cause of terrain (mound) standing between him and target even if the terrain is usually negligible for other races? can both shoot and hit said target without issues? Just as Mif said (which was also my experience), in wow my gnome had issues when casting lol

From what Mif said "All hit boxes are the same size" I understood that both will be able to hit the target, I'm thinking even if the Asura "look" smaller they still have the same "height benefit" of other races.
    it does Mif is right, but I was saying you won't get a message that you cannot hit the target =)

Deleted
    oh ye.. the evul messages!! No more /script to disable the error messages lol

10+ Year Old Account

If the Norn can see the Asura, the Asura should be able to see the Norn.

The Asura might have to tilt his head back to look the Norn in the eye, but any obstacle that would block LOS to the Norn would also block LOS to the Asura.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post

It will shoot and miss.
    I can just see many players doing this..

"WHY DOES MY ARROW KEEP MISSING!?"

"There's a tree in the way?"

"WHY DIDNT IT TELL ME THAT?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I can just see many players doing this..

"WHY DOES MY ARROW KEEP MISSING!?"

"There's a tree in the way?"

"WHY DIDNT IT TELL ME THAT?!"
    He used to be a good player until he took an arrow to the tree.

SORRY