Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastid View Post
    Now, if you don't have anything relevant to say in regards to the topic at hand, please refrain from doing so.
    All this is quite relevant. Growing up is much more useful than putting a bandaid on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Leave out the personal attacks against him for wanting help with this problem, it's a step in the right direction.
    Sadly this is actually a step in the wrong direction. He wants to cover up the problem instead of fixing it.

There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it.
    I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    What would leaving the computer help with making you feel less inclined to say or type homophobic or rasist things? I guess you cant see the world from any other perspektive then your own there for you fail at life. You are just as narowminded as the person you are talking about.
    The internet gives us anonymity. If the OP were to call a black man or woman a nigger I'm sure they wouldn't report him to the nearest authority. Instead, they would beat the motherfuck out of him, and OP would (hopefully) learn a lesson about name calling.

The fact that you can't see this yourself is just... wow. How's that brain working out for you?

Doesn't the built-in language filter already do this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't normally add my 2 cents to a thread like this but when I see people say things like, "They should have their mature language filter on." it makes me wonder what kind of people would say these things. This is 2012, words like that are not acceptable period, filter or not.

Furthermore, a UI and Add-On Moderator helping the OP make an addon or code to enable his "habbit of calling people a faggot or a nigger" to mask the offensive words (which, by the way is still a violation of Blizzard policy) does a disservice to this website and group of websites as a whole.

Clear AND masked. Creating a piece of code to output ni**er is the same thing as outputting the offensive text.

Racial/Ethnic
    This category includes both clear and masked language which:

Promotes racial/ethnic hatred
    Is recognized as a racial/ethnic slur
    Alludes to symbols of racial/ethnic hatred

Sexual Orientation
    This category includes both clear and masked language which:

Insultingly refers to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players

It's not a habit using derogatory sexual and racial slurs. You actually have to think as you type it out. The answer is simple, don't type it out.
    As for the moderator who posted in this thread, if anyone should know better it's supposed to be you.

Unless he changed all four letter swear words into "wolf" and six letter swears into "rabbit"...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchmitch View Post
    The internet gives us anonymity. If the OP were to call a black man or woman a nigger I'm sure they wouldn't report him to the nearest authority. Instead, they would beat the motherfuck out of him, and OP would (hopefully) learn a lesson about name calling.

The fact that you can't see this yourself is just... wow. How's that brain working out for you?
    I do it in public and online, and Technically you refering to them as Black is just as Politically incorrect.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

I think the best method would be simply not saying such things.

They are really mean and hurtful, nad no matter what age you are, you know it is wrong. I dislike even cursing, but the words you say are even worse in my eyes. Restraint would be the name of the addon, and it is nothing you can download.

This thread is clearly going nowhere constructive after the warning I gave. You got the piece of code you were asking for then politely butted out of the conversation while everyone else wants to argue amongst themselves.

If it works or doesn't work handle it with Treeston in PM. Thanks.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator