1. #1

    Couple of Mind Sear questions

    Is mind sear buffed by empowered shadows?
    In the case of recieving DI does mind sear get the benefit from the increased damage from DI?
    Will DTR proc from it and if so will it just proc one tick from hitting one mob or how does it work?
    Last edited by Derpyhooves; 2012-02-01 at 10:46 AM.

  2. #2
    The Patient Leaftwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    Is mind sear buffed by empowered shadows?
    In the case of recieving DI does mind sear get the benefit from the increased damage from DI?
    Will DTR proc from it and if so will it just proc one tick from hitting one mob or how does it work?
    Mind sear is buffed by Empowered Shadows. It also benefits from DI.
    As for your last question, I don't know if the staff procs from it (have it myself). It's nothing I have researched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It's good to know that the time of personal responsibility is over and that regardless of what I agree too, it is always someone else's fault if the contract I signed and didn't read is different than the expectation I made up in my head.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

  3. #3
    yes, it benefits from ES, DI and Evangelism.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    Yes, Dragonwrath can proc mind sear ticks. Another question: does mind sear stat value (and channeling spells in general) update on per tick or per cast? Quite important knowledge on fights like Yor'sajh

  5. #5
    The Patient Leaftwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    339
    Oh, I know there was some change there in late Wotlk - early Cata, where dots updated certain stats per tick and others per cast.
    Think it was the main stats that needed a recast, and the secondary that updated per tick. I don't have a source at the time, but I'll look for it. Perhaps it's covered in the shadow sticky?

    BUT I have noticed that if you cast Hymn of hope at the end of Bloodlust/heroism, you still gain the extra ticks even if it runs out. Might be that channel spells are application only.
    Last edited by Leaftwig; 2012-02-01 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It's good to know that the time of personal responsibility is over and that regardless of what I agree too, it is always someone else's fault if the contract I signed and didn't read is different than the expectation I made up in my head.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

  6. #6
    DoT ticks use your spellpower, haste, and +% damage (e.g. Eclipse) values from the moment the DoT was cast--they do not update in real time until the next time you cast the DoT. Crit chance of the ticks, on the other hand, does change dynamically if you gain or lose crit buffs while the DoT is ticking.
    From The balance druid EJ thread. I assume that this is true for all dots. And i would think this also applies to mind sear.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Quite important knowledge on fights like Yor'sajh
    Yes this is why I am asking to get the most benefit on Yorsahj 25M heroic. Need to get maximum aoe.

  8. #8
    I read somewhere that Mind Sear is not affected by Dark Evangelism? can someone please confirm

    Edit: It's written in Kilee's Spriest guide

  9. #9
    That is my understanding as well... and I'd be skeptical of DI affected the damage either. I'm pretty sure that MS won't proc DI stacks on the lock either.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    That is my understanding as well... and I'd be skeptical of DI affected the damage either. I'm pretty sure that MS won't proc DI stacks on the lock either.
    Ok did some testing myself. Mind sear does not proc DI for the lock nor does it gain +crit from a DI proc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •