Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

TukUI - Modified?

Hi, I used to use my own UI (Bartender, Skada, Pitbull etc..) but when I saw Blood Leigon's kill on Heroic Madness of Deathwing (Sorry I have not yet posted enough to link it- stupid hey. - please just youtube Blood Leigon vs Heroic Madness of Deathwing), the Disc Priests UI (3:00, and pretty much half the time) tempted me to change mine. I asked a friend and he told me that It was TukUI, but had been modified abit.

So I decided to download the addon, but when I saw it - I was a little dissapointed if I am honest; It does not look as good, I am a complete noob to this addon, I literally cannot even move anything into the bars; Im not sure how it works at all.

I googled it and it told me to open a config file that requires me to put in 'True' or 'False' into features I would either like or dislike, however it still is not the way I would like it to be. (I would like the chat box to look like his and the Player and Target unit frames.

Also I am intrigued into his healing addon cooldown for the whole raid - (right side) that shows the cooldown of Innervate, Aura Mastery and Spirit Link totem.

Please can someone help me?

Thanks alot

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The UI is actually ElvUI, an edited version of Tukui. Elv has made most of the setting available to change in game where as Tukui must be done in .lua file with a program such as Notepad++.
    As for the raid monitor its prolly Raidwatch or something along those lines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caditech View Post
    where as Tukui must be done in .lua file with a program such as Notepad++.
    TukUI has A LOT of configurability in-game nowadays, y'know.

no its not a modified elvui its actually Affinity TUKui she has her on release just google that and youl be fine

15+ Year Old Account
    Well he isn't using TukUI, he is using an edit of it call ElvUI. It is a lot more configurable in game then Tuk is and thus more user friendly. He also edited on his own and added some textures, moved the frames around.
    Last edited by Sukaduk; 2012-02-01 at 05:48 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    True, I still use an edited version just not the original. Just for the purpose of his comment about "true/false" functions Elv is much more configurable in game.
    Granted I don't use Elv but I did spend a few hours messing around with it when he released 3.0

Deleted
    In what way are tukui NOT in-game configurable? You've been able to edit in-game for over a year now, you just had to install the config, only difference now is that its already included in the package

On another note, if you get it, and get to know it a bit, you're gonna absolutely love it, best UI ever ;b

If you decide to go Tuk, check out the add-on Filger

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO go to wowinterface and DL ShestakUI (cant post links)..After using just about all edits of TUKui and creating/hosting my own once upon a time...this is by far the best I have seen
    Filger/raid CD tracker/skins to match the edit for DBM (i know all of these can be DL'd separate for just about any Tukui)
    Nice to have everything in 1 download

Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    no its not a modified elvui its actually Affinity TUKui she has her on release just google that and youl be fine
    affinity UI IS ElvUI. Just a set profile in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    affinity UI IS ElvUI. Just a set profile in it.
    Affinity uses an older version of ElvUI as its base. You can tell by the styling of the panels underneath the action bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Affinity uses an older version of ElvUI as its base. You can tell by the styling of the panels underneath the action bars.
    It's actually the latest :P I just have an addon that works WITH elvui called DTBAR to get the extra datatext bar under the actionbars.

Someone else posted it above, I have "AffinityUI" on wowinterface. I didn't code any of it, it's just a compilation of sorts with my settings and addons such as vuhdo (raid frames) power auras (under raid frames) elvui (the base pack for basically everything) and ORA3 (Raid CD tracker under minimap).

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    It's actually the latest :P I just have an addon that works WITH elvui called DTBAR to get the extra datatext bar under the actionbars.

Someone else posted it above, I have "AffinityUI" on wowinterface. I didn't code any of it, it's just a compilation of sorts with my settings and addons such as vuhdo (raid frames) power auras (under raid frames) elvui (the base pack for basically everything) and ORA3 (Raid CD tracker under minimap).
    Slightly irrelevant but what is the font on your raid frames? Can't tell from the screenshots , though it kinda looks like Morpheus...but doesn't appear like this on my frames when I try to use it.
    Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    Slightly irrelevant but what is the font on your raid frames? Can't tell from the screenshots , though it kinda looks like Morpheus...but doesn't appear like this on my frames when I try to use it.
    Thank you in advance.
    Atarian System I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post

Ooh good to know. I hate the new look. Thanks!