Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

MoP Press Tour in March, Blue Posts, Weekly Report, Artwork

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour on March 13-15
    Blizzard just announced a Mists of Pandaria Press Tour in 6 weeks. The expansion is definitely closer and it means we might finally see some new MoP information soon!

For reference, the Cataclysm Friend & Family Alpha started on the first week of may and the actual Cataclysm press tour happened a month later.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard
    A Break in the Mists: Alert the Press!

Since the announcement of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon 2011, we’ve been hard at work on all of the new game features, environments, dungeons, and other content that awaits adventurers. Today, we’re inviting members of the press worldwide to get an updated sneak peek and some hands-on time with the latest version of World of Warcraft’s fourth expansion at an event taking place March 13 - 15.

If you want to know more about what lies hidden within the mists of Pandaria, wait for the season’s end….

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Resetting Cooldowns in PvP
    I think cooldown resetting is the definition of cheesy gameplay, it only promotes zerging and the game would be better off without it.

Abilities that reset cooldowns create potential choices for classes to refresh their cooldowns on demand so that they can be reused; the timing on using this can often result in their victory or demise. Using them for simply zerging in and blowing all cooldowns twice will often not result in the best of outcomes as this can quite often be countered by your opponent.

You have to remember that having an ability that resets cooldowns on demand such as Preparation, Cold Snap or Readiness does not make a class overpowered or provide them with a greater advantage over others. It is simply another part of their toolkit and it comes with an innate choice, "Should I use it now or save it for later?” this adds an additional skill factor to their class. Do you pop it now to increase damage output and possibly secure that kill? Should you may maybe be save it just in case you need that second defensive cooldown or crowd control in a tight spot? Maybe you should wait until everything is finally on cooldown?

Knowing when and where to use these abilities is a very difficult thing to be able to assess. These are the decisions that make or break and separate the good players from the great ones. Just because some classes can refresh their cooldowns on demand every now and then does not mean that the ability allowing them to do so is overpowered or needs to be changed in some way, it's simply another part of their class, as is the same for other abilities for anyone else. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Curse Weekly Roundup
    Pico is back to tell us about the things you might have missed in WoW, Diablo 3, and Minecraft news recently.

Trading Card Game Art Gallery Update
    The Trading Card Game art gallery has been updated to feature ten new pieces.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    WTB more excited news!!!!!!!!!

So September release? I'm betting more Octoberish. This ties in with the cancellation of Blizzcon, they will simply be too tied up fixing bugs and other things that often crop up after an expansion release. Awaiting the RMAH announcement this summer. You know once they see the success of it in D3 they will implement it.

Deleted
    So that means beta testing will start soon?

Ok so 7 months from Alpha to Release for Cataclysm, so if Alpha is about to start any day now, let's say next week.. that would put MoP at roughly September? Perhaps a little earlier if they're more confident in the content this time around and intend to structure the beta test a little differently than normal due to the subscription offer.

Nice artwork.

[...]Today, we’re inviting members of the press worldwide to get an updated sneak peek and some hands-on time with the latest version of World of Warcraft’s fourth expansion at an event taking place March 13 - 15.

If you want to know more about what lies hidden within the mists of Pandaria, wait for the season’s end….
    Season ending 13th/15th, or am I over-thinking?

March 13th is a Tuesday too...
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-02-01 at 06:00 PM.

Eh, we are getting more information SOON? They say we will hear it in 6 weeks.

Deleted
    Yay news about when we'll get news!Seriously, I'd rather they give us small tidbits often, even if they do get changed around in later stages, as I know they will change even after a huge splurge of news comes in 6 weeks time.

Hmm I'm seeing Mists dropping in Late July/August.Why?I know it was 7 mos from Beta-> Release for Cata, difference here being the 1-60 revamp and having to make two new races, instead of one. I can easily see a shortened Beta for that aspect alone, and that would also fit with Blizzard's new "release stuff quicker" policy. But we'll need to hear more info on Mists soon. Too soon, Executus!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    finally, it's about time we got more info about MoP

willowe: hmm yes good point, MoP should have less content changes. Sadly I doubt we'll see a cheaper price tag but perhaps Blizzard will surprise us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet no MoP until Octoberish. Only 6-9 months of Dragon Soul to go. They must have remembered how much we all loved doing ICC for over a year so they decided to let us experience those epic times again this time with a raid that's even smaller and has less to do. Wooooooot woooooot!

It's nice to finally see some badass female characters in the gallery, instead of pin-ups. Nice job, Blizz! I don't know if I can wait another 45 days for more Mists news though, I figured we were going to see new stuff any day now. Disappointing.

The closer Mop is the sooner they lose my subscription.

all i was watching was her little dance she did while talking..gotta watch it all again now!

Does this mean alpha is out right now?

Seriously???????? ~7 more months before new content? Ive already cleared everything but heroic now so wtf do they expect people to do for 7 more months? If that is the case they can kiss my subscription good bye....I am already bored as fuck with DS/4.3 so there is no way in hell Ill be playing it for that long for new content...ffs Blizzard get it together....

Quote Originally Posted by Dracbane View Post
    Seriously???????? ~7 more months before new content? Ive already cleared everything but heroic now so wtf do they expect people to do for 7 more months? If that is the case they can kiss my subscription good bye....I am already bored as fuck with DS/4.3 so there is no way in hell Ill be playing it for that long for new content...ffs Blizzard get it together....
    Um this isn't anything new, 7 months for an expansion is actually really good for blizzard, beats waiting for 2 years after Illiden came out...God i was so tired of floaty rocks i could puke.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8