ret pvp and haste

So im new to the pally and me and my roommate(disc priest) are BGin our way to 85 at 65 now. Im just trying to figure out what to gear and what not to stack. I've read some of the fourm posts here and got some good info but to stack haste or not is one I haven't been able to figure out. While looking at ret armorys I've seen some people use sanctity of battle and some not. If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great. Also hit/exp > str > crit and haste till 3 sec CS? Is that the right idea? I know im still lvling but id like to get a handle on the class before I get to 85 haha. Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skankin/simple. <there's my armory (I know I need more hit)
    Last edited by nfkk; 2012-02-01 at 06:03 PM. Reason: added armory
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Run around in circles till u see a big number (20k+) and in yellow flash on ur screen. Then stop running
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sorry people but you need to accept DPS is about as stressful as making a bowl of cereal.

As a ret paladin you never want to actively gear for haste in pve let alone PVP

The stat order you should be going for is

#1: Strength
    #2: Mastery
    #3: Crit
    #4: Haste

The only haste you really want on your gear is the passive stuff you cannot reforge into mastery or critical rating. Even then that haste doesn't really get to be worth all that much until your wearing firelands gear because at that point it actually gets high enough to reduce your crusader strike Cd enough to matter.

As a rule of thumb http://wowtal.com/#k=ffxmtng.bqj.paladin.w_M29. is the standard ret pvp spec. After that you have the choice of going for a more offensive spec or for being more of an off healer depending on where you put your talents & glyphs.

PS. I put the seal of truth glyph on there because it helps reduce the chance that an enemy will get a dodge/parry, it is only really of use vs rogues, enhancement shaman & feral druids. If your not fighting allot of them it can be changed to something else, in any case never go out of your way for expertise or haste in PVP.

Also if you having trouble deciding what secondary stat to go for remember,
    If you playing defensively go for crit as it works great when combined with talents like last word (under the holy tree) & rule of law (under ret) which can allow you to have nearly 100% critical chance word of glory casts when targeting a person under 30%.
    If your going for more offensive play go for mastery, it will provide you with higher more reliable burst.
    Last edited by zcks; 2012-02-01 at 06:59 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I think in PvP you want to avoid Haste at all costs as opposed to PvE where you don't want a lot, but it's still nice. Last time I remember you don't even take the haste makes crusader strike faster talent.

The only haste you should have in PvP is if you have the PvP legs as ret. And you should be reforging out of that into Crit/mastery. Depending on your set up. Some prefer crit over mastery for PvP.

Ok nice thanks for all that help from the ass end of nowhere! (And other palces too haha)
    /thread
    Last edited by nfkk; 2012-02-01 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Run around in circles till u see a big number (20k+) and in yellow flash on ur screen. Then stop running
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sorry people but you need to accept DPS is about as stressful as making a bowl of cereal.