Question Heroic Ultraxion, Holy Cds

So for Heroic Ultraxion as Holy, my guild has the druid get red then I get green/blue. I've been fine healing it and everything just wondering when would be the best time to pop Guardian/other Cds to maximize my healing mainly. Atm I just blow it near the start even tho its not really needed.

I pop AW and DF with my Jaws right the start of the fight so they are up later as needed. Really a boring fight for healers, especially Holy Paladins. Our first few kills I had a Shaman healing it with me so I didn't have to worry about mana for the most part, but you may want to save Jaws/DF if you don't have Heart towards then end when you're spamming HR with the Blue buff so you don't run out of mana.

Best advice I can give your raid is to have the healers go up right when the fight starts and have the DPS lust themselves when the fight starts, then when the healing starts getting intense around the 5:00 minute mark lust for the healers. This just helps shorten the fight due to all the dps having their cooldowns/trinkets/procs up right at the beginning.

Deleted
    AW and DF are poped near the end, monitor the boss' health and use them as late as possible without having too much of them go to waste. If you make it to the last minute then they should definitely be used there. Also use them early on in the fight since they'll be back up near the end anyway, it saves you a little mana to do so.

GotAK is used... whenever, it doesn't really help much. I think I usually pop it when I get green or when the tanks soak their 2nd HoT so I can top them off right away. It really doesn't matter though.

What i have been doing is i Blow DF at teh start and then AW at 1 minute into teh fight to help maximize output at teh beginning.

Deleted
    Man this guy is easy after the nerf, my guild got him to 30% on the first try and 3 ppl were killed because we didn´t know the casting speed was so much faster than normal : O

For GoAK, you can use it under blue buff, HRx3, WoG on somebody and splash heal =)

^ this, it isn't such a important cd as AW/DF though. You can have 3 AW's if you pop one at the start, and i use my favor once I get the red buff, but since you dont get red i would suggest using it after first hour in between the time your druid is going to get it. Also if mana is a issue use your hr/hs/cs lod rotation rather than building holy power with tor or spamming hr at the start.

I don't pop any cds at start because I prepot a volcanic which gives me some extra mana, then I pop AW after 1st hour, divine plea during 2nd hour, DF after 2nd hour, and then AW again right after it comes off of CD. Thats 0:45, 2:45 use AW, and 1:30 use DF. That lets me use a bunch of cooldowns to save mana, which i try to burn down to 30-40k before I grab blue, then I just spam heal. At 5 minute mark, I pop AW, then after the last hour I hit DF with a volcanic.

If you're getting blue, try to dump most of your mana before you grab blue; let your partner heal more conservatively and be willing to spend mana, so your other healer can get into the last phase with as much mana as possible so both of you can spam heal.

You should be taking red. Druid should be taking green.
    If you take red you can practically solo heal it.

In our group we have our disc priest smite untill the green buff drops. Depending on whether we need him or not, he starts healing then.
    I don't use any cooldowns on this fight till after the 4 minute marker. I then gradually start using some cooldowns if need be. Rarely use them though.

This was a few weeks before the nerf so by now you can probably solo heal it while taking no buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thakah View Post
    For GoAK, you can use it under blue buff, HRx3, WoG on somebody and splash heal =)
    Wouldn't it still be a waste to use a GCD on WoG instead of a HR with blue buff?

I generaly WoG the tank (a feral drood, bonus healing etc...) so, I don't know if I loose hps, but, it ensure the tank health with a great aoe heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    You should be taking red. Druid should be taking green.
    If you take red you can practically solo heal it.
    Red is the best for druids because Efflorescence double dips into it, no reason for the druid to not take red.

If they solo heal it then fine, but if they'll be 2 healing it like most people do then the optimal choice is to have the druid take red.

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 06:00 PM ----------

I generaly WoG the tank (a feral drood, bonus healing etc...) so, I don't know if I loose hps, but, it ensure the tank health with a great aoe heal.
    You can heal the tank with GotAK but I have no idea why you'd use WoG for it. With blue buff you're just wasting time on a spell that's less than the GCD, cast a Divine Light instead and it'll do more HPS with no downside.

GoAK is worthless on this fight; you can use it once you get Red Buff (you should) and spam some cheap heals just to preserve mana.

If mana is tight for you then use AM and Wings/Favor 30-45 seconds before Red to save mana. They will be back up again for the 5 minute mark when you really need then.

You need to be getting Red and Blue, Druid green.

Deleted
    you should calc for your current gear if DF gives you another tick for your HR. If not it is a wasted GCD as GoK. For me it was wasted, because the healers got bloodlust at the end of the fight, so DF wouldn't give me another tick.(avoiding the debuff at the beginning is not possible anymore)

I don't know how close the enrage is for you but before the 5% nerv and at our first kill I definetly needed every GCD to avoid people die.

And you definetly don't need red. I always took green and blue and our Priest took the red one.
    I poped AW at 1min, DF at 2, AW at 3, DF at 5(no BL yet), and again AW at about 5min15s when we got BL again.

Quote Originally Posted by JHel View Post
    you should calc for your current gear if DF gives you another tick for your HR. If not it is a wasted GCD as GoK. For me it was wasted, because the healers got bloodlust at the end of the fight, so DF wouldn't give me another tick.(avoiding the debuff at the beginning is not possible anymore)

I don't know how close the enrage is for you but before the 5% nerv and at our first kill I definetly needed every GCD to avoid people die.

And you definetly don't need red. I always took green and blue and our Priest took the red one.
    I poped AW at 1min, DF at 2, AW at 3, DF at 5(no BL yet), and again AW at about 5min15s when we got BL again.
    Pretty sure DF and AW are both off of the GCD, so you want to pop it even if you don't get another tick just for the crit chance. Also, what do you mean avoiding the debuff is not possible? I did it on Wed night with no problem avoiding the lust debuff in the beginning.

With blue buff anything other than spamming HR is a waste.

Have your druid go dps, you solo heal. You take red, skip green then get blue.
    GotK isn't good at all after blue. If you want to use it, use it before blue for huge splush from red.

Also, you dream at the beginning and lust outside. You won't get sated.

Deleted
    tbh on this fight, both AM and GoAK are next to useless. the damage is unresistable, so i just set to concentration aura. as for GoAK if at all, pop it around the 2 min mark when tanks may get hit hard and just DL them a few times, if not for cheap holy power on beaconed tank. i usually pop AW / DF at the start so i have DF for green and AW for blue. once blue its just /holyradiancespam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdumb View Post
    tbh on this fight, both AM and GoAK are next to useless. the damage is unresistable, so i just set to concentration aura. as for GoAK if at all, pop it around the 2 min mark when tanks may get hit hard and just DL them a few times, if not for cheap holy power on beaconed tank. i usually pop AW / DF at the start so i have DF for green and AW for blue. once blue its just /holyradiancespam
    Hour of Twilight is unresistable, the frequently pulsing AoE is not. I use Aura Mastery towards the end when the damage is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarkzter View Post
    Hour of Twilight is unresistable, the frequently pulsing AoE is not. I use Aura Mastery towards the end when the damage is high.
    Both of them are unresistable.