what happened to the jewel crafting buff??

anybody know what happened to the buff to the jewelcrafting only gems? i could have sworn that they were buffed on the ptr, but nothing has changed since the patch went live. surely its time to buff it now as its pretty damn easy to get fully gemmed in epics, its called the auction house

They did buff it on ptr but then removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by michelf View Post
    anybody know what happened to the buff to the jewelcrafting only gems? i could have sworn that they were buffed on the ptr, but nothing has changed since the patch went live. surely its time to buff it now as its pretty damn easy to get fully gemmed in epics, its called the auction house
    easy? I suppose its easy, but incredible costly to outfit 10 characters with fully epic gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    easy? I suppose its easy, but incredible costly to outfit 10 characters with fully epic gems.
    You have 10 JC's?

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Why would he need to outfit 10 characters? You raid progression content with 10 characters at the same time? How do you find the time to come here and pick apart posts?
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

JC specific gems were indeed buffed on PTR but since the way to acquire a full set of epic gems for all your gear is hard and more time/money consuming, I believe they left them as they are since JC only gems are sub par to other profession bonuses, ONLY if you are fully epic gemmed on all slots (or almost).If you are still mostly using blue quality gems then they are still as good a bonus as any other profession.

Possibly they will add the change to those gems at a later patch , when most people are using mostly epic gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    JC specific gems were indeed buffed on PTR but since the way to acquire a full set of epic gems for all your gear is hard and more time/money consuming, I believe they left them as they are since JC only gems are sub par to other profession bonuses, ONLY if you are fully epic gemmed on all slots (or almost).If you are still mostly using blue quality gems then they are still as good a bonus as any other profession.

Possibly they will add the change to those gems at a later patch , when most people are using mostly epic gems.
    No, they won't do it.

Doesn't sound like we are ever getting our Chimera Eyes buffed.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Which is bullshit if you ask me. They claim epic gems have "low drop rate", I guess they still haven't found out about people duping them?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    Why would he need to outfit 10 characters? You raid progression content with 10 characters at the same time? How do you find the time to come here and pick apart posts?
    Yes, its very time consuming to look on http://blue.mmo-champion.com/, spot a "Recent Threads from MMO-Champion" that looks "interesting" and post a one-liner that apparently picks apart a post. And while I'm at it, he never mentioned anything about progression content, but he did mention how "pretty damn easy to get fully gemmed in epics" via the auction house is. To which I would argue that yes it is easy, but incredibly costly to do so for 10 characters. To simplify this point it'd be costly to do so for just one character.

Why do they think epic gems are hard to get. Most people are clearing DS several times a week on alts. I personally have got gems coming out of my ass, faster than I can get the gear to use them in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    I personally have got gems coming out of my ass, faster than I can get the gear to use them in.
    This. And besides that I am on a medium populated realm with a small AH and I still have more red/orange epic gems than I can currently use. I think it's pretty sad JC gives the worst bonus now, where the professions used to be pretty equal.

"do not currently have any plans to" != "will not ever"

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 08:59 AM ----------

My druid is missing 2 gems for full epics and my hunter is missing like 4-5

Neither are JC's or blacksmiths though

Just another example of how Blizzard can't be bothered to introduce/fix something that players are asking for. I'm sure it would have taken only a few hours of time to introduce a "perfect" epic gem cut that required an epic gem to craft, that created an BoP +77 stat Chimaera's eye. That way, a fresh level 85 JC didn't get a stat boost bonus over other players (with epic gem prices still being high, anyway) yet when fully kitted with epic gems JCers didn't get stuck with a +51 bonus from professions.

Instead, they put teething rings and tiny teeth on baby crocolisks. Good eye, Blizzard, good eye.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So now, Blacksmiths are by far the best profession for crafting profs and Jewelcrafters are the worst, behind all the others and behind one of the gathering profs too (Herbalism)