One little thought about the post-credits ending bit:

The old dude tells the kid he can go to the stars one day. It kind of suggests that he just has to grow up, and the technology already exists. The bit I caught was the bit after that that 'anything he can imagine' will be there, because the 'galaxy has billions of stars.'

Does this suggest that possibly in the wake of the relay explosions the races were able to create more advanced technology allowed free travel among systems, rather than the limited Relay method of only visiting the system that the Reapers had nominated as Relay points?

To be honest... I didn't mind Shep dying, I'm all for heroic sacrifice and stuff. I would have liked to know about the crew afterwards, but mainly it just bothered me that the relays went boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
    One little thought about the post-credits ending bit:

The old dude tells the kid he can go to the stars one day. It kind of suggests that he just has to grow up, and the technology already exists. The bit I caught was the bit after that that 'anything he can imagine' will be there, because the 'galaxy has billions of stars.'

Does this suggest that possibly in the wake of the relay explosions the races were able to create more advanced technology allowed free travel among systems, rather than the limited Relay method of only visiting the system that the Reapers had nominated as Relay points?

To be honest... I didn't mind Shep dying, I'm all for heroic sacrifice and stuff. I would have liked to know about the crew afterwards, but mainly it just bothered me that the relays went boom.
    I think so.

iirc weren't they already messing about with relay-free quick travel? Also, if you took the Green ending, im kind of wondering if some sort of hybrid life form would ever die of old age? Which would lead to me thinking that once you are grown up, you literally can do whatever you want. But I don't know that. And yes, the 'vibe' I got was that they have the tech to go to the stars, but some of them have chosen to live simpler lives without all the high tech.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I think so.

iirc weren't they already messing about with relay-free quick travel? Also, if you took the Green ending, im kind of wondering if some sort of hybrid life form would ever die of old age? Which would lead to me thinking that once you are grown up, you literally can do whatever you want. But I don't know that. And yes, the 'vibe' I got was that they have the tech to go to the stars, but some of them have chosen to live simpler lives without all the high tech.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. iirc Humanity's technology shot forward once they found the Prothean shite on Mars originally, simply because most of the technology is based on Reaper tech (which was their intention all along anyway.) Travel was done using the relays because it was convenient and because the Council races were very iffy about blundering in to random space due to surprises like the Rachni.

So what happens after ME3? At the very least, you've got a bunch of Reaper corpses and the remains of the Relay to study.

You've also got all the finest scientific minds in the entire galaxy gathered in one place (wherever they built the crucible) and they also have Relay fragments to study. In my playthough they also had the Rachni to help them - and iirc correctly the Rachni don't need spaceships? So they can do a lot of the manual work.

This is a concept for the ME3 ending http://www.imagebanana.com/view/62nk...1888627543.jpg

On Deciding the End of the Game
    The illusive man boss fight had been scrapped... but there was still much debate. On night walters scribbled down some thought on various ways the game could end with the line "Lots of speculation for Everyone!" at the bottom of the page.
    This is from the Mass Effect 3 Final Hours app which can be found on http://www.me3finalhours.com/

More regarding that app can be found in this thread: http://forums.gametrailers.com/threa...1280973?page=1

I don't know about you guys, but to me this pretty much proves that it's no Indoctrination but just lazy writing.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I think so.

The Synthesis Process used Shepard as a guide, so the organics affected would likely still have all organic function.

In addition, FTL is still possible but would takes years or decades and take fuel and repairs. With the galaxies infrastructure destroyed, it's unlikely that many even made it home.

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 05:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but to me this pretty much proves that it's no Indoctrination but just lazy writing.
    Are you speaking specifically of the Illusive Man boss fight? If so, I fail to see how that would disprove indoctrination. Honestly, they could have changed everything at the last second to accommodate it. We really don't know - which is bad.
    Last edited by Lightfist; 2012-03-16 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    here - all explained: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbghjn7_Byc[/url]

why am I getting error that this is too short of a message?
    That video is actually really good, it actually explains a lot of the things that back up the indoctrination-theory. o_o Thanks for sharing!

| Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

EDIT: its already been posted nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Are you speaking specifically of the Illusive Man boss fight? If so, I fail to see how that would disprove indoctrination. Honestly, they could have changed everything at the last second to accommodate it. We really don't know - which is bad.
    Nah, I'm referring to the concept. It states nothing about Indoctrination. It says is Choice -> Catalyst -> Shepard's Essence (whatever that may be). It also compares the ending of ME3 to that of Matrix 1 amongst other things.

See the part where it says "everybody speculates"? To me it sounds like they wanted us, the fans, to rationalize an ending for them.

Maybe someone has bought the ME Final Hours app which I have linked and could provide more insight?
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2012-03-16 at 10:29 AM.

Even though this has been said a couple times already, but if the indoctrination-theory proves to be true then it's amazing how BioWare played this out. Causing a huge amount of discussion (with the cost of a ton of disappointed fans, though) all over the place, even if it has been pretty much negative. It's still publicity and you've caused people to talk a lot about your game, right? I'll seriously make a bow to BioWare IF they actually managed to pull something like this off.

Well, back to my second playthrough. Time to kick some Husks in the gut.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Even though this has been said a couple times already, but if the indoctrination-theory proves to be true then it's amazing how BioWare played this out. Causing a huge amount of discussion (with the cost of a ton of disappointed fans, though) all over the place, even if it has been pretty much negative. It's still publicity and you've caused people to talk a lot about your game, right? I'll seriously make a bow to BioWare IF they actually managed to pull something like this off.

Well, back to my second playthrough. Time to kick some Husks in the gut.
    I'm an optimist and I believe in the indoctrination theory.

Also, the new animation and effects on husks regarding bullet wounds. (Especially headshots): AWESOME!
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    I'm an optimist and I believe in the indoctrination theory.

Also, the new animation and effects on husks regarding bullet wounds. (Especially headshots): AWESOME!
    Oh I'm definitely believing the indoctrination theory. I've been starting to, mmm.. accept it the more I look into it. I started reading about it on this thread and I've watched a couple of videos with more in-depth explanations. It just makes more and more sense to me! I'm just saying that if this is what BioWare planned all along it has been implemented pretty damn good. As some people put it: it would be the "biggest troll in gaming history" if it proves to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The Synthesis Process used Shepard as a guide, so the organics affected would likely still have all organic function.

In addition, FTL is still possible but would takes years or decades and take fuel and repairs. With the galaxies infrastructure destroyed, it's unlikely that many even made it home.
    I forgot they used Shepard as a guide. So there goes that live forever theory. And yes I'm aware it would need study and whatnot. Does anyone know if all the scientists working on the crucible were with the fleet when they brought the crucible to Sol, or were they hanging out on some sort of unarmed science ship? Because if you have the finest minds in the galaxy, a shitton of reaper parts, and a burning need for those people to want to go home, I could see it being done pretty quickly.

Something else i found that further supports the theory. (in my mind anyway)

Crucible Meaning and Definition

(n.) A vessel or melting pot, composed of some very refractory substance, as clay, graphite, platinum, and used for melting and calcining substances which require a strong degree of heat, as metals, ores, etc.
    (n.) A test of the most decisive kind; a severe trial; as, the crucible of affliction.
    (n.) A hollow place at the bottom of a furnace, to receive the melted metal

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Something else i found that further supports the theory. (in my mind anyway)
    Where did you find that? Some dictionary or something?

Where did you find that? Some dictionary or something?
    Yeah the meaning and definition of the word Crucible.

We know its not "A vessel or melting pot, composed of some very refractory substance" and "A hollow place at the bottom of a furnace, to receive the melted metal." so it must be a test hence = indoctrination.

Maybe i'm seeing what i want to believe or simply just going mad

Well, if you consider hte crucible a melting pot of the intelligence of all the other races the reapers have eaten, while they burn all sentient life in the fire of their lasers you could make the first one work :P

Anyway, just thinking if the red ending is you refusing the indoctrination and your military strength is high enough for you to survive... does that mean the reapers would sue for peace since your military strength is apparently pushing them back and you are proving that the biologicals (and geth, if you recruited them) have the strength of arms and will to not be killed by their creations? Is that the first DLC? Trying to strike a peace with the reapers, and having both reaper and biological groups refuse, and you having to convince/subdue the protestors for the sake of the galaxy? Whatever I like it.

Oh I'm definitely believing the indoctrination theory. I've been starting to, mmm.. accept it the more I look into it. I started reading about it on this thread and I've watched a couple of videos with more in-depth explanations. It just makes more and more sense to me! I'm just saying that if this is what BioWare planned all along it has been implemented pretty damn good. As some people put it: it would be the "biggest troll in gaming history" if it proves to be true.
    While I do think the indoctrination part would be a cool part of the game if there really was a real ending afterwards I can't agree that it would be well-handled by Bioware. The Mass Effect games are the only games that have been so good and story driven in today's world of mostly online multiplayer games that I skipped half a night's sleep just to finish the game without breaking the atmosphere it had built up towards the end. Having a break of possibly months between the citadel and the real ending is really not a great gaming experience.

Still though, better then this lousy excuse of an ending we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post

here - all explained: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbghjn7_Byc[/url]

why am I getting error that this is too short of a message?
    When i see all the clues I can't help but think that bioware did a great job and that it's all just too much to be random stuff. I think they ll give us what we want and they had it good all along, maybe a lot of us reacted to quick by getting mad and that indeed, we have no idea what they are planning for us !!!

I can only hope But if it ends up being true, i ll respect bioware because it was very nice a subtle. Lets hope it is true !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    While I do think the indoctrination part would be a cool part of the game if there really was a real ending afterwards I can't agree that it would be well-handled by Bioware. The Mass Effect games are the only games that have been so good and story driven in today's world of mostly online multiplayer games that I skipped half a night's sleep just to finish the game without breaking the atmosphere it had built up towards the end. Having a break of possibly months between the citadel and the real ending is really not a great gaming experience.

Still though, better then this lousy excuse of an ending we have now.
    I mean well-played as in... hmm, how to say it. That they caused all this ruckus all over the internet without giving out the "real ending". If it proves to be true it was well-played on that matter. I'm not saying that they've handled this very well overall, though. I mean I've talked with a few people on this thread that the ending(s) still might've caused a lot of the most loyal fans to abandon spaceship already. It's great if they have something planned already but if they make the fans wait for that "something" for ages they might not be coming back. There has been a ton of hints (Twitter comments, BioWare "statements", the iOS app has a little teaser as well) but nothing has been confirmed yet. I get it that they want to have a lot of people finishing the game before they address the issues but there's a limit to how long people are willing to wait for it.

EDIT: This iOS application is just too much fun. I'm not sure does this count as something worth spoiler-tagging (again) but meh...

[url]http://i.imgur.com/Gu8US.jpg[/url]

Garrus wasn't really amused about my shooting skills after I missed the shot on purpose. :'<
    Last edited by Aveline; 2012-03-16 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    Which usually provided enough fuel for travelling the particular cluster you were in. No where near enough to travel across galaxy.
    For a frigate like the Normandy.

And that ME 3: Final Hour stuff was done for me the minute, they were seemingly in consensus with photoshopping a picture from gettyimages for Tali.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.