1. #2061
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,430
    Hmm.. Has anyone else who has been using the ME3 Datapad for iOS had it bug out? I'm missing out on a lot of the messages my squadmates were supposed to send me (I know at least Tali is supposed to send a drunkard message to you after you speak with her.) and even though I try to update I just get "0 messages". I haven't had any messages for ages and I have no idea what's up.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  2. #2062
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170
    A quick random question..

    Does anyone know for sure if you can get peace between the geth and quarians if you choose the renegade option to make Tali and Legion stop fighting and reprogram the geth in Legions loyalty mission?

    In my first playthrough of ME3, I didn't have high enough score and later just told Legion that I lied to Tali to get him loyal but the quarians were all killed so now I have to play ME 2 again.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  3. #2063
    So first i got pissed off that udina is councillor even that i chose anderson in ME1, then i get pissed off because everyone keeps reminding me who they are and what have i done to them or how i helped them - obviously fuck loyal fans of ME series lets welcome all new paying customers. Then i get pumped on some really awesome missions with old companions from ME2 and main missions where you fight reapers. And final mission where it doesnt matter who you recruited, who survived in ME 1,2 finished by so vague ending.... oh god its slap in the face this game. Some nice missions and awesome moments (with wrex, grunt or mordin..) but everyting else is just wrong. I'd give this game 5/10 max.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

    Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

  4. #2064
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    A quick random question..

    Does anyone know for sure if you can get peace between the geth and quarians if you choose the renegade option to make Tali and Legion stop fighting and reprogram the geth in Legions loyalty mission?

    In my first playthrough of ME3, I didn't have high enough score and later just told Legion that I lied to Tali to get him loyal but the quarians were all killed so now I have to play ME 2 again.
    Iirc you can still get peace even if you were Renegade.
    Just make sure that you clear Tali of charges if you reprogram the Heretics, or destroy the base if you don't clear her of charges, that you solve their argument and that you do the other missions(side missions) on Rannoch first.
    It's astonishing how confused people get when a sentence does not end as they potato.

  5. #2065
    I still didn't manage to make TIM shoot himself eventhough I did my very best to achieve it this time
    If you import a savegame from ME 2, you need to continuously answer him with paragon charms. If you do not even do that once, the final paragon check will be greyed out.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

  6. #2066
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Iirc you can still get peace even if you were Renegade.
    Just make sure that you clear Tali of charges if you reprogram the Heretics, or destroy the base if you don't clear her of charges, that you solve their argument and that you do the other missions(side missions) on Rannoch first.
    Thanks, getting Tali cleared of charges is much easier than getting her to stop fighting with Legion. I had pretty high renegade score last time and the option was still grayed out. I think you need a full bar or something.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  7. #2067
    By the way i'm doing the N7 weekend so feel free to add "Toccs" in Origin if your up for some coopness

  8. #2068
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    If you import a savegame from ME 2, you need to continuously answer him with paragon charms. If you do not even do that once, the final paragon check will be greyed out.
    Curious, what happens if you do all renegade checks with him? I did notice he had a renegade answer at the end as well.

  9. #2069
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,430
    Aaaah. Bumped into this FANMADE alternative ending of ME3 and god damn even this is better than the real ones! This is a version where Shepard romanced Liara. I'll just toss it inside the spoiler tags since there's some spoiler-y stuff there: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fykfVUD23jA[/url]

    Seriously though, go and god damn watch it!

    And I could've sworn I did all the Paragon checks while I discussed with TIM and still I couldn't do it. I'm doin' it wrong.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  10. #2070
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Thanks, getting Tali cleared of charges is much easier than getting her to stop fighting with Legion. I had pretty high renegade score last time and the option was still grayed out. I think you need a full bar or something.
    ,

    You don't need full bar for anything in ME2. You do need above 80% for almost anything, which is just starting on your 5th bar. (Solving any disputes after loyalty missions and getting Morinth into your team.)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

  11. #2071
    That "True Ending" DLC rumor got my all hyped up. All weekend playing the first 2 again

  12. #2072
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Thanks, getting Tali cleared of charges is much easier than getting her to stop fighting with Legion. I had pretty high renegade score last time and the option was still grayed out. I think you need a full bar or something.
    Also, just to make sure: You need to accumulate 5 points over ME2 and ME3.
    ME2:
    +2 points if you destroyed the Geth base.
    +2 points if you freed Tali of all charges and got her loyalty. [Father not exiled]
    +1 point if you used Paragon or Renegade option to stop the fight between Tali and Legion.
    ME3:
    +1 point for each of the two side missions on Rannoch.
    It's astonishing how confused people get when a sentence does not end as they potato.

  13. #2073
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,145
    Is it just me or is the Battlefield 3 soldier getting both Adrenaline Rush AND Carnage ridiculously OP?

  14. #2074
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Maybe that's simply how indoctrination works? I've never thought of it as full mind control, more of as a warping of the mind. Indoctrinated people can still be spoken to, and even reasoned with to a small degree, just look at Saren. Maybe indoctrination simply changes your perspective of things, by making you think that your actions are always in the right and will result in the greatest good. That's my theory anyway.
    But look at Benezia, going by the interaction with her on Noveria, indoctrination is pretty damn similar to mind control. Based on her being able to "snap out" of it long enough to give you a bunch of important information and then going back to trying to kill you, it seems like you can be fully aware that you are indoctrinated and still be under the Reapers' control.

    As for the indoctrination ending idea as a whole...if it's true, then what's the point? The ending of the game is supposed to end the fucking game, tie the irritating loose ends up or at least make them clear. Sure if there was a sequel that ends up resolving it, fine (and DLC is NOT a sequel), but there won't be. If they do end up selling the "real" endings for cash, I'm not going to buy them. So here's the real ending of ME3 to me: (((SPOILER ALERT)))


  15. #2075
    Saren and Benezia described indoctrination as making Sovereign's or respectively Saren's arguments much more compelling to them, which kept them highly motivated and also highly functioning. They didn't perceive it as being directly influenced but rather steered in the direction Sovereign desired. Once they were able to resist it temporarily, they saw their wrongs.
    If the process is hastened, the target has low value or the overall intensity is increased, it is much more similar to actual mind control, which is usually accompanied by mental degradation. That's the reason the Collectors were stuffed full with cybernetics after several generations of cloning and conditioning to offset that loss.
    Cerberus seemingly decided to take the middleground. If you take EDI with you, she will often provide you with lots of background information on Reaper tech. They use Reaper tech to quickly create shock troops and thus evolved from a small splinter faction to a full-grown army via indoctrination and cybernetic augmentation on Reaper basis. TIM made a wager: He had hoped Sanctuary would bear fruits quickly enough to override the Reaper signal, so their own soldiers would not ultimately turn on them.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

  16. #2076
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,373
    Have you guys seen the cut part from the ending, where your squad members get killed by Harbinger?

    Spoilers, kinda: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNJvtmkU9nM

    Holy fuck, that really hit me.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  17. #2077
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    But look at Benezia, going by the interaction with her on Noveria, indoctrination is pretty damn similar to mind control. Based on her being able to "snap out" of it long enough to give you a bunch of important information and then going back to trying to kill you, it seems like you can be fully aware that you are indoctrinated and still be under the Reapers' control.

    As for the indoctrination ending idea as a whole...if it's true, then what's the point? The ending of the game is supposed to end the fucking game, tie the irritating loose ends up or at least make them clear. Sure if there was a sequel that ends up resolving it, fine (and DLC is NOT a sequel), but there won't be. If they do end up selling the "real" endings for cash, I'm not going to buy them.
    BioWare has been hinting at story / ending related DLC for the past week now. I think we can drop the whole "The writers are just shit" theories. It's become pretty obvious that they wanted us to react like this from the beginning. Nobody knows why, but I find it very likely that this ending issue will be resolved somehow.

  18. #2078
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post

    As for the indoctrination ending idea as a whole...if it's true, then what's the point?
    Money?

    Think about how many people will buy the ending just because they want a new one.

    It'd be silly NOT to exploit the shit out of this.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  19. #2079
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    BioWare has been hinting at story / ending related DLC for the past week now. I think we can drop the whole "The writers are just shit" theories. It's become pretty obvious that they wanted us to react like this from the beginning. Nobody knows why, but I find it very likely that this ending issue will be resolved somehow.
    Why? Because they want our money. If it's a free patch that updates the endings to what they were supposed to be, fine. But paying money for a resolution to the plot does not sit well with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    It'd be silly NOT to exploit the shit out of this.
    Exactly, and I fully expect them to do so. It's just...disappointing.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-03-17 at 01:05 AM.

  20. #2080
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    I am glad the user rating is 2.5. These companies need to learn that it is not okay to exploit DLC, and we need to stand up against this - to ensure that it will not happen again.
    The only way they'll stop making shitty games and excessive DLC is if they aren't profitable. Ratings mean nothing if they still make bank on the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •