1. #2081
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Why? Because they want our money. If it's a free patch that updates the endings to what they were supposed to be, fine. But paying money for a resolution to the plot does not sit well with me.
    Then you really don't care much for the plot, and shouldn't be very upset anyways.

    I've spent too many hours in these damn games to just say Screw Bioware, they no longer deserve my money, especially if they resolve the issue.

  2. #2082
    Brewmaster Notos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    Then you really don't care much for the plot, and shouldn't be very upset anyways.

    I've spent too many hours in these damn games to just say Screw Bioware, they no longer deserve my money, especially if they resolve the issue.
    I do care about the plot, and Bioware is trying to take advantage of that to get more money out of me. Their DLC thus far has been strictly optional stuff like side missions and extra characters, and that is perfectly fine, it's just extra fluff. The ending to the game is NOT OPTIONAL. It's as if an author all of a sudden decides to publish a book without the last chapter, and then sells the last chapter separately for more money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Saren and Benezia described indoctrination as making Sovereign's or respectively Saren's arguments much more compelling to them, which kept them highly motivated and also highly functioning. They didn't perceive it as being directly influenced but rather steered in the direction Sovereign desired. Once they were able to resist it temporarily, they saw their wrongs.
    I understand how they explained it, however I am looking at what actually happened to the character of Benezia rather than what she said. She understood that she was doing something wrong, trying to kill her own daughter and all, yet after her brief lapse she continued trying to kill you. If indoctrination was based purely on making Saren's arguments more compelling, then once she realized that what she was doing was wrong, she should have been able to stop herself. Any further action she took against Shepard was against her own will.

  3. #2083
    Their not infallible. If they read your feedback and make improvements based on that, you should be happy. Or not. I could care less at this point. As for user reviews, I posted this in another thread but it deserves some attention, because frankly user reviews are fucking useless at best. It's not just me3 btw.


    http://www.metacritic.com/feature/ga...s-user-reviews


    Enjoy.

  4. #2084
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,313
    OH SHIT, WHAT DOES IT MEAN

    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/10089946

    So where do we go from here? Throughout the next year, we will support Mass Effect 3 by working on new content. And we’ll keep listening, because your insights and constructive feedback will help determine what that content should be. This is not the last you’ll hear of Commander Shepard.

    Odds are it's just pre-ending DLC but still.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  5. #2085
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    OH SHIT, WHAT DOES IT MEAN

    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/10089946

    So where do we go from here? Throughout the next year, we will support Mass Effect 3 by working on new content. And we’ll keep listening, because your insights and constructive feedback will help determine what that content should be. This is not the last you’ll hear of Commander Shepard.

    Odds are it's just pre-ending DLC but still.
    Mass Effect 1: "The Mass Effect universe is designed as a trilogy."
    pre-pre-ME 3: "Mass Effect 3 will be the last installment of the ME universe"
    pre-ME3: "ME 3 will be the last installment with Commander Shepard."
    ME 3: "ME 3 will bring the trilogy to an end, all questions answered"
    post-ME 3: "Since so many of you guys are discontent with the current endings, I guess we will have to pour in some more content for just a few DOLLLLLLLLARZ!"

    Not being disappointed in their policy, I love the series and am a proud fan deeply immersed in its lore. It just seems to fall into place a bit too neatly.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

  6. #2086
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Mass Effect 1: "The Mass Effect universe is designed as a trilogy."
    pre-pre-ME 3: "Mass Effect 3 will be the last installment of the ME universe"
    pre-ME3: "ME 3 will be the last installment with Commander Shepard."
    ME 3: "ME 3 will bring the trilogy to an end, all questions answered"
    post-ME 3: "Since so many of you guys are discontent with the current endings, I guess we will have to pour in some more content for just a few DOLLLLLLLLARZ!"

    Not being disappointed in their policy, I love the series and am a proud fan deeply immersed in its lore. It just seems to fall into place a bit too neatly.
    I read his post as a giant "fuck you, we're listening but we're happy with the ending anyways."

    I dunno about you.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  7. #2087
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I read his post as a giant "fuck you, we're listening but we're happy with the ending anyways."

    I dunno about you.
    He wrote a lot of words and said absolutely nothing.

  8. #2088
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    He wrote a lot of words and said absolutely nothing.
    That is EXACTLY how I saw it - long long post and I was like - right...the point of this post is - it solves nothing, explains nothing, gives nothing. But there will be more DLC's

    I think that hold the line movement and the fb group should use their influence to advocate people just torrent the DLC's instead buying them and giving BW their money.

    fuck BW!
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

    Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  9. #2089
    Dreadlord flarecde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    759
    I'm just going to spoiler the whole post. I think at this point it's kinda not needed, but to avoid ruffling some feathers...

    So I finally finished the game. I'm finding I have fewer issues than most with the ending. A few minor complaints...

    There's the whole why was Normandy in FTL question, and how did you crew members get back on it. Probably the biggest actual plot hole. The only thing I can think of is that something happened that caused Joker to pick them up and leave the system while Shepard was on the Citadel. One small scene could fix that up.

    The whole "here's some synthetics to wipe out organics so organics don't create synthetics to wipe out organics" was a little dumb. They should have gone with something a little less... hypocritical? Ironic? I would have bought something alone the lines of pruning the garden - removing advanced life (of all types) because inevitably advanced life would destroy all life (including that only just forming). By removing advanced life, you preserve the galaxy for future life to grow. It makes a twisted sort of sense.

    There's a glaring option missing from the ending too, IMO. If the Catalyst was so intent on preventing synthetic life from destroying organic life, why the fixed cycle? Shepard could have told the Catalyst to put the Reapers back into deep space on ice and have it watch. If it's predictions came true, then call them back in. Otherwise, wait and watch.

    I agree that the whole Harbinger thing was handled poorly. I think they should have left in the scene with your dead teammates. Then right before Shepard blacks out, or right after, if your score is high enough have Harbinger get blown up. Bittersweet victory, fits the tone of the game.

    As far as the whole choices not affecting the ending, I would have been happy with a few before and after scenes depicting the results. More shots of your various war assets in action. Particularly the ground assets. Krogan riding Kalikosaurs with James cheering them on would have been awesome :P. A little scene at the end for each of the major characters would have been nice too, with a poignant memorial for the ones who didn't make it. All in all, for a trilogy of this scale, something longer than 5 minutes would have been nice. And I disagree with the whole "the third game was your ending" thing... the ending happens after the final climax. Proper storytelling .

    I'm also just a little cranky that I couldn't pick that last paragon option during the last convo with TIM. I imagine you must need a perfect paragon score to nab it... I'm not sure how much content I missed besides a few minor sidequests.

    I don't know about this whole indoctrination theory. It feels too much like a "and then they wake up, it was all a dream" cop out. Almost as bad as playing the god card. I'd almost prefer the existing ending to stand, mindboggling though it can be.


    I do hope they do more games in the ME setting. They game was a blast to play, and I love the lore.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

  10. #2090
    More news (from Jessica Merizan's Twitter) -
    @Xaeldaren @batchix what did you want it to say? #curious (PS this discussion re: the endings is not OVER - it's just beginning) - They're still discussing the ending and post-game content! Have hope!
    When we are ready to announce specific projects, we will. There's a lot that happens behind the scenes. Not being cruel

  11. #2091
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    BioWare has been hinting at story / ending related DLC for the past week now. I think we can drop the whole "The writers are just shit" theories. It's become pretty obvious that they wanted us to react like this from the beginning. Nobody knows why, but I find it very likely that this ending issue will be resolved somehow.
    True. Plus, if you think about everything that happens during the game... it all makes sense actually.
    Plus let's not forget that the plot was leaked, forcing bioware to change the "ending" without much time.

    Also to a lot of people already talking about it... according to a leak, this DLC will be free.

  12. #2092
    Scarab Lord Xuvial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,963
    Wait just because the PLOT got LEAKED, Bioware changed the ending into something this terrible? That makes no logical sense :S

  13. #2093
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Wait just because the PLOT got LEAKED, Bioware changed the ending into something this terrible? That makes no logical sense :S
    Actually I'm starting to think that because of the leak they elected to release the ending in parts. What we see at the end currently is only the first part. Wishful thinking perhaps but there have been a lot of hints dropped the past week that there may be more to come.

  14. #2094
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Wait just because the PLOT got LEAKED, Bioware changed the ending into something this terrible? That makes no logical sense :S
    It does if Bioware is trolling you.

  15. #2095
    So I'll just leave this here.....


  16. #2096
    Brewmaster Notos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    So I'll just leave this here.....

    Uhh...thanks? (edit: not being mean or anything, I'm glad the playing field is more level for both maleshep and femshep, it's just kinda...abrupt and not related to anything being discussed atm)

    I still have a glimmer of hope that the DLC will be free as was leaked. But it's very very slim.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-03-17 at 06:14 AM.

  17. #2097
    I just saw the video and lol'd for a good 5 minutes.

  18. #2098
    The Lightbringer Collegeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,246
    would have been better if there was some thrusting and grunting like the Liara scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Eating meat makes you aggressive.

  19. #2099
    Fluffy Kitten Zao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    <SNIP>
    Not funny and almost insulting.

    And the dialogue with Cortez is actually very good. You can help him get back outside and overcome the grief about his dead husband. I told him "not interested" in the bar and he was OK with it. Gay characters are handled far better in ME3 than they were in DA2. Although what were the odds that your entire ship could basically perform a YMCA stunt?
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-03-17 at 02:23 PM.

  20. #2100
    Hmm I only know about 3 gay characters in ME 3, Kaidan, Cortez and Traynor. Kaidan is bi. Rest will shoot you down if you are the opposite sex.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •