1. #2301
    High Overlord BlackMagicMarkel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    127
    Well, finally finished it. I'm pretty meh on all the endings, but I don't feel like bitching about it to the extent some others have seen it fit to do. I ended up just reflecting on the past 3 games, and realizing that I wasn't interested in Mass Effect for a conclusion to the Reaper war (thought it was still expected), it was for the characters and Bioware's ability to form attachments with them. You can harp about the ending of the series, or you can focus on the 5 year journey inbetween Eden Prime and Earth, and savour all the little moments.

  2. #2302
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    so my brother has spent about 100 dollars on specter packs, he how has the geth shotgun at level 8 and one shots pretty much everything on gold except brutes/ravagers/atlas/banshees/geth primes
    I have spent no real life money and still have the geth shotty at level 1 and it takes me 3 shots to kill the basic trooper/cannibal

    fair?
    Yes. You still have access to the same rewards just not at the same speed. I don't see anything wrong with it. Want the fast track then pay. Don't want to pay then grind it out. Packs are very easy to grind out. I personally wouldn't pay for it, but it someone does more power to them. It would only be unfair if they made the grinds long or if your couldn't grind packs at all.

  3. #2303
    it just got debunked:

    https://twitter.com/#!/JessicaMeriza...05961092435968

    "Someone misspoke on our Mass Effect channel. We're still gathering feedback to create content that keeps it in mind. Thx 4 understanding "

    Here is the original post she is responding about, this post has been taken off: http://imgur.com/6pPzn

    The reason why this is a big deal is because every important Bioware staff member just got violently shaken in bed to wake up and calm the storm that one horrible facebook/twitter comment made. We scared them.

    we're still in this fight! HOLD THE LINE
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...0226975-1.html

    There is still hope!

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 05:21 AM ----------

    here is a statement:

    https://www.facebook.com/masseffect/...75243029217754
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

    Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  4. #2304
    Pandaren Monk Deleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the dark. Watching. Waiting
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    it just got debunked:



    http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...0226975-1.html

    There is still hope!

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 05:21 AM ----------

    here is a statement:

    https://www.facebook.com/masseffect/...75243029217754
    They are really in it deep this time Didn't realize the shitstorm was this big. I didn't like the ending that much but I'm deeply enjoying how it turned out on forums. It's a good thing to show game makers that we don't take half assed shit (and ofc the drama feeds my hunger)
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

  5. #2305
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,391
    I feel really bad abut how much shit Jessica Merizan is getting, though. She's basically a PR agent, she's not responsible for this debacle. She's just doing what her superiors say...it's like yelling at a cashier because management decided to up the price on everything.

    People are threatening her and insulting and...it's ugly.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  6. #2306
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    it just got debunked:



    http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...0226975-1.html

    There is still hope!

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 05:21 AM ----------

    here is a statement:

    https://www.facebook.com/masseffect/...75243029217754
    Stand fast, stand strong, stand together. Hold the Line.

  7. #2307
    Pandaren Monk Deleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the dark. Watching. Waiting
    Posts
    1,769
    I have a feeling this "Hold the line" reference is going to be around for a long time. Better than "arrow to the knee" though.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

  8. #2308
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I feel really bad abut how much shit Jessica Merizan is getting, though. She's basically a PR agent, she's not responsible for this debacle. She's just doing what her superiors say...it's like yelling at a cashier because management decided to up the price on everything.

    People are threatening her and insulting and...it's ugly.
    Indeed. I've seen far too many people saying it's fair to take a crap on everyone at Bioware because a few writers and a lead designer had a brain fart. And they don't seem to understand that it won't help their cause one bit. It's making me lose faith in humanity, one bit at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  9. #2309
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Indeed. I've seen far too many people saying it's fair to take a crap on everyone at Bioware because a few writers and a lead designer had a brain fart. And they don't seem to understand that it won't help their cause one bit. It's making me lose faith in humanity, one bit at a time.
    Agreed. Got nothing against sensible people voicing their opinion and/or dissatisfaction with something but I can not support a movement that threatens, belittles, or degrades someone simply because they did something that you do not like.

    Personally would not mind if additional endings were made. More Mass Effect the better I always say but if they do not then I will simply base my judgement of the game as it is and move on.

  10. #2310
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And damn you for switching from Tali to Garrus, it took me a min to recognize you! D:
    I'm sneaky like that.

    And yeah, it's really a shame that a lot of the people who had nothing to do with the ending have to handle all the shitstorm coming their way. I've joined the #RetakeME3 on Twitter and Facebook and they've had to take a lot more strict line with kicking people out since some are really aggressive about this. I'm glad most people understand that violence, insults and bitching aren't the way to go, though.

    EDIT: And I wanted to change to Garrus even though I love Tali. Garrus is such a bro he deserves some loving too!
    Last edited by Aveline; 2012-03-19 at 07:26 AM.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  11. #2311
    The Lightbringer Collegeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Reah View Post
    Agreed. Got nothing against sensible people voicing their opinion and/or dissatisfaction with something but I can not support a movement that threatens, belittles, or degrades someone simply because they did something that you do not like.

    Personally would not mind if additional endings were made. More Mass Effect the better I always say but if they do not then I will simply base my judgement of the game as it is and move on.
    I wouldn't be so quick to point scapegoats on that movement. That movement has been a kind and peaceful one. Their just asking for a product they want. I don't understand why people would dislike them for that. The threads controlled by them have been free of name calling and attacks. Blaming any movement for random actions of the general public is pretty easy for people to do though. You might as well blame Obama at that point.

  12. #2312
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,446
    Straight quote from the groups Facebook:

    The #RetakeMassEffect movement does not in anyway condone attacks or insults on Bioware, EA, Bioware employees, or anyone associated with them. We are not here to make enemies. We are here to show a company that their devoted fanbase has been hurt, and alienated with some of their actions, and to ask for an explanation, and hopefully a solution.

    Several members of the ME team are suffering from attacks on their Twitter and social networking sites. Rude, and inflammatory remarks are UNACCEPTABLE. Anyone found to be contributing to such activities will be removed from the #RetakeMassEffect movement without warning.


    The person who started this group has done some amazing work in bringing people together to discuss about this and he has been an awesome asset between BioWare and the fans. There was a letter campaing to send letters and/or e-mails on the 17th, but they were supposed to be constructive and not offensive in any way. The movement is trying to make the players' voices and opinions heard without any sort of offensive manner.

    EDIT: And I'm damn proud to be a part of them. THIS is the way BioWare should be contacted, not by making threats and insults towards employers or anyone else, but making them see why we're upset and what we'd like to see to be done about it.

    EDIT2: And if you didn't know this fund raising was originally set up by the movement: http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/r...ct-childs-play
    Over 66.000 dollars raised for children even if we don't get a happy ending. This is no short from amazing.
    Last edited by Aveline; 2012-03-19 at 08:46 AM.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  13. #2313
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,216
    I don't agree with everything they want, but that is definitely the way to go about it. Assaults belong nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  14. #2314
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I'm sneaky like that.

    And yeah, it's really a shame that a lot of the people who had nothing to do with the ending have to handle all the shitstorm coming their way. I've joined the #RetakeME3 on Twitter and Facebook and they've had to take a lot more strict line with kicking people out since some are really aggressive about this. I'm glad most people understand that violence, insults and bitching aren't the way to go, though.

    EDIT: And I wanted to change to Garrus even though I love Tali. Garrus is such a bro he deserves some loving too!
    This thread needs more Garrus brolove

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatcGMYg5Eg --> ME3 SPOILERS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwV9n4olMGQ

  15. #2315
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    This thread needs more Garrus brolove

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatcGMYg5Eg --> ME3 SPOILERS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwV9n4olMGQ
    The second video... Oh my god at Shepard's face in the end. That totally cracked me up. :'D And the first video.. Such a bromance moment. Definitely one of the highlights in the game!

    I also finished the signature and avatar of Liara. I'm a bit surprised there were so little reference pictures I could use.. The first dibs on this is for Teasy since they requested it via PM. You can ask Teasy if they're kind enough to let other people use it. :3


    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  16. #2316
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...0089946-1.html
    So where do we go from here? Throughout the next year, we will support Mass Effect 3 by working on new content. And we’ll keep listening, because your insights and constructive feedback will help determine what that content should be. This is not the last you’ll hear of Commander Shepard.
    gives a little bit hope
    Last edited by Egga; 2012-03-19 at 10:12 AM.

  17. #2317
    Pit Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    The second video... Oh my god at Shepard's face in the end. That totally cracked me up. :'D And the first video.. Such a bromance moment. Definitely one of the highlights in the game!

    I also finished the signature and avatar of Liara. I'm a bit surprised there were so little reference pictures I could use.. The first dibs on this is for Teasy since they requested it via PM. You can ask Teasy if they're kind enough to let other people use it. :3

    So purdiful. :3 Love Liara's little smirk.

  18. #2318
    The Lightbringer Collegeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    The second video... Oh my god at Shepard's face in the end. That totally cracked me up. :'D And the first video.. Such a bromance moment. Definitely one of the highlights in the game!

    I also finished the signature and avatar of Liara. I'm a bit surprised there were so little reference pictures I could use.. The first dibs on this is for Teasy since they requested it via PM. You can ask Teasy if they're kind enough to let other people use it. :3

    I don't like the fan art ones because they never seem to get liara precisely right. Really don't like the anime ones.

  19. #2319
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,446
    The picture was rendered from an actual in-game screenshot so that's not anyone's fanart.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  20. #2320
    The Lightbringer Collegeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    The picture was rendered from an actual in-game screenshot so that's not anyone's fanart.
    Oh, I know. I'm just saying. I always look for liara pics and there is so many fan art ones. Plus, to me it looks better to go crazy with modding and make pictures of her that way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •