Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't know a lot about Warhammer, so I'm going off what I'm reading as I write this, so correct me if I'm wrong. There is nothing called a Berserker Champion. The closest I was able to find is a Khornate Champion, which is a rank 4 Chaos Warrior.
    Berzerker Champion = Khornate Champion. Interchangeable terms.

[/quote]Armor in Warhammer is made of Ceramite, and Plasteel. Surviving a nuclear explosion isn't about armor being unbreakable. The reason Space Marines can survive nukes is that Ceramite conducts virtually no heat. Chaos Warrior armor is not made of Ceramite or Adamantium though, it's made of Plasteel, which has no notes about not conducting heat.[quote]

Once again, Chaos Marines compensate for their aging technology by allowing Chaos to bless it. That provides them with many advantages, many of which defy reality. There is a set of Chaos armor in Dawn of War II that in fact is said to grow stronger when struck by harmful blow, in it's description. Oh yeah, and Lord Eliphas the Inheritor's final talent in his Khornate specialization is to exude an aura of warp fire, so it's possible that Khorne's champions can get heat resistance.

Saying that Khornate Berserkers are empowered by Khorne doesn't help further any kind of discussion. It would be nice if you would list ways that they are empowered. Judging by the page on Chaos Warriors and Khornate Berserkers, the main gifts that Khorne gives are increased physical strength, genetic mutations that will eventually result in being turned into a Daemon, but only with approval from the other 3 Chaos Gods, and resistance to psychic attacks.
    Yeah. In some cases, however, Khorne's warriors attain a special enhancement called the 'Blessing of the Blood God', which among other things, gives a complete resistance to all psychic abilities. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Biotics psychically gifted individuals?

From what I've read, Chaos Warriors are not immortal, not even the rank 6 Everchosen. The wiki makes it sound like immortality is a goal for Chaos warriors, almost like a fable that's unreachable. Reminds me of Super Saiyan lol.
    A point of great contention in the fluff itself. The point is this, Chaos Marines are immortal in the sense, that like most Marines, they did not age and will not die of disease or any other 'peaceful' means. Chaos Champions pretty much seek Immortality in two respects; never die from wounds, and be always remembered as mighty. You know, the whole 'song of my life told in many a gilded hall'.

Also, do not try to change the terms of argument. Your claim was that a single Khornate Berserker could kill everything in Mass Effect. Therefore, Daemon Princes, Chaos Lords, Greater Daemons, and Daemon Primarchs are irrelevant. I have seen no evidence that a Chaos Warrior could survive a nuke. Even if their armor was unbreakable, without being made of Ceramite it would conduct heat, and would simply act as a pressure cooker for anything inside. The armor would survive, the Chaos Warrior would not.
    Once again, their biological enhancements along with their daemonic resilience would provide them with admirable resistance against heat. In fact, as they are possibly partially daemonic, they have resistance against standard laser and slug weaponry, more so than regular Astartes. Also, Khorne's daemons are perhaps the second most attuned to fire, aside from those of Tzeentch. Bloodletters carry blades wreathed in flame, and Bloodthirsters have fiery whips. Azariah Kyras, a Khornate daemon, breathed fire in the climax of Dawn of War II: Retribution.

That's irrelevant though, as they appear to have no means of defending themselves from a biotic singularity. So any decent Biotic could simply slap their ass with a singularity, keep it up constantly, drag them to an uninhabited planet, strand them there, and crash an asteroid into that system's Mass Relay. Even if they could survive a nuke, I doubt a Chaos Warrior could survive an explosion powerful enough to destroy a solar system. And even if it could, it's still be stranded.

And yes, I read wikis fast as fuck.
    See the Blessing of the Blood God. Furthermore, it's not as if Khornate Warriors have no experience with psychic individuals. Psykers in 40K are infinitely more dangerous, in that their powers summon daemons, send forth balls of warpfire that can destroy on rushing battalions, they can form psychic storms that block travel through the warp. And the most potent can snap several hundred kilometre tall mechs with a lazy gesture. Don't know what a 'singularity' is, though. Barely ever played ME.
    Last edited by Frostbane; 2012-03-27 at 01:38 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    I was not aware that this is the Mass Effect vs. Warhammer 40k comparison thread !! Those are 2 absolutely different universes with different power levels and stuff. In ME the Reapers are actually the real big bad guys whilst 40k has other power standards and levels.

Stop comparing that for the sake of baby jesus ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Berzerker Champion = Khornate Champion. Interchangeable terms.
    Armor in Warhammer is made of Ceramite, and Plasteel. Surviving a nuclear explosion isn't about armor being unbreakable. The reason Space Marines can survive nukes is that Ceramite conducts virtually no heat. Chaos Warrior armor is not made of Ceramite or Adamantium though, it's made of Plasteel, which has no notes about not conducting heat.

Once again, Chaos Marines compensate for their aging technology by allowing Chaos to bless it. That provides them with many advantages, many of which defy reality. There is a set of Chaos armor in Dawn of War II that in fact is said to grow stronger when struck by harmful blow, in it's description. Oh yeah, and Lord Eliphas the Inheritor's final talent in his Khornate specialization is to exude an aura of warp fire, so it's possible that Khorne's champions can get heat resistance.

Yeah. In some cases, however, Khorne's warriors attain a special enhancement called the 'Blessing of the Blood God', which among other things, gives a complete resistance to all psychic abilities. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Biotics psychically gifted individuals?

A point of great contention in the fluff itself. The point is this, Chaos Marines are immortal in the sense, that like most Marines, they did not age and will not die of disease or any other 'peaceful' means. Chaos Champions pretty much seek Immortality in two respects; never die from wounds, and be always remembered as mighty. You know, the whole 'song of my life told in many a gilded hall'.

Once again, their biological enhancements along with their daemonic resilience would provide them with admirable resistance against heat. In fact, as they are possibly partially daemonic, they have resistance against standard laser and slug weaponry, more so than regular Astartes. Also, Khorne's daemons are perhaps the second most attuned to fire, aside from those of Tzeentch. Bloodletters carry blades wreathed in flame, and Bloodthirsters have fiery whips. Azariah Kyras, a Khornate daemon, breathed fire in the climax of Dawn of War II: Retribution.

See the Blessing of the Blood God. Furthermore, it's not as if Khornate Warriors have no experience with psychic individuals. Psykers in 40K are infinitely more dangerous, in that their powers summon daemons, send forth balls of warpfire that can destroy on rushing battalions, they can form psychic storms that block travel through the warp. And the most potent can snap several hundred kilometre tall mechs with a lazy gesture. Don't know what a 'singularity' is, though. Barely ever played ME.
    Biotics are not psychics. Biotic powers are the application of the Mass Effect. The Mass Effect refers to generating Mass Effect fields using Element Zero. Mass Effect fields warp reality within the field. A singularity is basically a small black hole. A Biotic singularity is an attack employed in the games as a form of crowd control. Those caught in a singularity lose all control of their body, not being able to move even a single muscle.

The only way to defend against a singularity is to have tech/biotic protection, which comes in the form of barriers, shields, and armor. The problem, is that barriers, shields, and even armor, use Mass Effect fields to counteract other Mass Effect fields. Without your own Mass Effect field, there's no way to escape from a singularity. Unless you have enough physical strength to escape a black hole, but that's getting into DBZ levels of strength.

Edit: This is getting a little too off topic, and I really don't want to piss off the mods.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I was not aware that this is the Mass Effect vs. Warhammer 40k comparison thread !! Those are 2 absolutely different universes with different power levels and stuff. In ME the Reapers are actually the real big bad guys whilst 40k has other power standards and levels.

Stop comparing that for the sake of baby jesus ...
    Don't bring baby jesus into this!

So back onto ME... would you guys define reapers as living or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Don't bring baby jesus into this!

So back onto ME... would you guys define reapers as living or not?
    Both. They're definitely contructs, but at the same time they're also the minds of galactic civilizations for more than a billion years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Spoilers, as in, possibly a part of the new ending spoilers: [url]http://i.imgur.com/1cwc8.jpg[/url]
    Oh god yes please more! ლ(◕◡◕ლ)

Edit: Wow okay, ignore that. Fake. [url]http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10685607[/url]
    Damnit.
    God damn you.... *throws cheese at you*

The Harbinger photo was also a photoshop, the truth was denied by bioware, now this...
    I'm about to cut mysel with paper.... toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Both. They're definitely contructs, but at the same time they're also the minds of galactic civilizations for more than a billion years.
    I kind of think the whole "preserving species by turning them into a reaper" thing is silly. Or maybe it's just not adequately explained. So what if a "human" Reaper were to actually be made out of humans? I guess if they invoke space magic, the Reaper would take on the characteristics of humans, but it's just dumb to me.

I'm sorry...I have to share this. It made me laugh.

But I have to say I would classify reapers in the living category, of course I do this for Geth too.
    Time to fear the Reaper

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I'm sorry...I have to share this. It made me laugh.

But I have to say I would classify reapers in the living category, of course I do this for Geth too.
    That was already posted, but yeah quite funny xD
    The problem is, thanks to that it prolly won't get mentioned to the dev team, so the people who actually could use it... won't have it =/

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    That was already posted, but yeah quite funny xD
    The problem is, thanks to that it prolly won't get mentioned to the dev team, so the people who actually could use it... won't have it =/
    Oops...these things get missed in a 150 page thread

From what I can tell they seem to be looking into new endings. I know I personally don't have a problem with the way things turn out (mostly), just the fact that it all kind of bottlenecks into certain specifics at the end.
    Time to fear the Reaper

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Oops...these things get missed in a 150 page thread

From what I can tell they seem to be looking into new endings. I know I personally don't have a problem with the way things turn out (mostly), just the fact that it all kind of bottlenecks into certain specifics at the end.
    No excuses! ban him !

No srly now, yeah they already said they are going to add new content after those endings... the question is, how are they going to do it =P

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    No excuses! ban him !

No srly now, yeah they already said they are going to add new content after those endings... the question is, how are they going to do it =P
    Spin-off game/expansion? I wouldn't mind one playing Liara or Garrus! Or even Tali!
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

i would sa give me mordin but he died doin what was right as a badass so give me either wrex, grunt or even the piscotic biotic jack
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I kind of think the whole "preserving species by turning them into a reaper" thing is silly. Or maybe it's just not adequately explained. So what if a "human" Reaper were to actually be made out of humans? I guess if they invoke space magic, the Reaper would take on the characteristics of humans, but it's just dumb to me.
    Legion does speak of "true unity" and transcendence (here's the link again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqtAHNQT3-w ). It's not explicitly stated as such, but all the leads are there. The Reapers just eradicating synthetics wouldn't help over time. As we've seen in our own world, all it takes is 10-20 years, and then all lessons of the past are forgotten. Letting civilizations evolve and hit their golden age, and then harvesting them, would preserve their culture and their people as a form of super-being, housed inside a Reaper. And they wouldn't have time to invent synthetics with the ability to kill every organic being in the galaxy.

Interesting thought really. Every time a Reaper is killed, an entire civilization is lost forever.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Spoilers, as in, possibly a part of the new ending spoilers: [url]http://i.imgur.com/1cwc8.jpg[/url]
    Oh god yes please more! ლ(◕◡◕ლ)

Edit: Wow okay, ignore that. Fake. [url]http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10685607[/url]
    Damnit.
    First i saw the link.
    Then I clicked it.
    I guess you can imagine that... arousal, that... excitement when I saw that. Gave me hope, gave me a reason to exist, ha, even brought back my faith in Bioware...
    And then I saw it's fake.

You do realize, my dear sir/madame, that you've killed me again?

Interesting thought really. Every time a Reaper is killed, an entire civilization is lost forever.
    That really depends on whether you view their process as evolution, as transcendence, or whether you view it as consumption, as death.

Think of it like this: Would you view the destruction of the Collectors in ME2 as the final extinction (aside from Javik) of the Protheans? Or do you view it as ridding the galaxy of the reaper-spawned twisted monstrosity that they had become, and letting their spirit finally rest once free of reaper interference?

I'd rather think of it as the latter, in both cases. Know why? I would rather die than give up my individuality, and aside from indoctrinated subjects, it appears most of the galaxy agrees.

The Reapers are not "Order" to our "Chaos", they are "Control" to our "Freedom". They subsume organic races to create more of themselves - not to preserve any part of the race they are harvesting, although they no doubt make use of traits they find useful when creating new reapers (as evinced by their ground troops).

This is aside from whether or not the Catalyst's story is true - they still claimed to be Order to our Chaos before the deus ex machina popped in and said Hi.

one thing that ocured to me just now was a dlc in the form of you playing as your other friends in the battlefield (jack, samara etc) and then when its all said and done they go to where shepard is and help him take the reapers out for good
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Spin-off game/expansion? I wouldn't mind one playing Liara or Garrus! Or even Tali!
    Hummm if they were to do something like this I would place my bets on Vega, I actually think I remember Bioware mentioning something about him & future games...

I mean, it makes sense to keep with Shepard IF players picked the red ending, since you supposedly see him alive if you do the things right.
    Otherwise I really have no clue, unless as you said, they make you play with another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Hey guys, I found a CoD player.
    Never played CoD in my life but try again. Also, wtf does that have to do with anything? As i said in the post after calling Mordin a wussy was a mistake, he's tough, can I stop paying for it now people? lol Lots of Mordin fans out there. I didn't realize he was the best choice to send with the crew in ME2.

@tnpm
    Please don't dissect me, I'm sorry!

Also that fake Liara picture made me sad
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-27 at 08:01 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Finished the picture/idea I just had to get out of my system. My awesome tactics against Husks: Scream, cry, flail and RUN. Also throwing any biotic powers at things that move is a good idea too.

http://i.imgur.com/HVGSq.jpg

I hate Husks. I really do. They still scare the crap out of me.

And @Dalliah: You just broke my heart. I looked at the first picture all excited and hyper only to read "Oops... That's actually fake". ;-;

| Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |