Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Legion does speak of "true unity" and transcendence (here's the link again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqtAHNQT3-w ). It's not explicitly stated as such, but all the leads are there. The Reapers just eradicating synthetics wouldn't help over time. As we've seen in our own world, all it takes is 10-20 years, and then all lessons of the past are forgotten. Letting civilizations evolve and hit their golden age, and then harvesting them, would preserve their culture and their people as a form of super-being, housed inside a Reaper. And they wouldn't have time to invent synthetics with the ability to kill every organic being in the galaxy.

Interesting thought really. Every time a Reaper is killed, an entire civilization is lost forever.
    Yep, just as I figured. Transcendence through space magic. I want them to explain how melting someone's brain into goo and mixing it with a billion other brains will preserve anything.

Regardless, the Reaper plot is based an assumption, not some inviolate truth. Add to that the god-child's admission that his solution was inadequate in the end...

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Hummm if they were to do something like this I would place my bets on Vega, I actually think I remember Bioware mentioning something about him & future games...

I mean, it makes sense to keep with Shepard IF players picked the red ending, since you supposedly see him alive if you do the things right.
    Otherwise I really have no clue, unless as you said, they make you play with another character.
    Vega is getting his very own Anime so a spin off game with him? na doubt he will get that much attention

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Finished the picture/idea I just had to get out of my system. My awesome tactics against Husks: Scream, cry, flail and RUN. Also throwing any biotic powers at things that move is a good idea too.

http://i.imgur.com/HVGSq.jpg

I hate Husks. I really do. They still scare the crap out of me.

And @Dalliah: You just broke my heart. I looked at the first picture all excited and hyper only to read "Oops... That's actually fake". ;-;
    Lmao!
    Do like me, throw a singularity to where you stand and just let them come xD

Quote Originally Posted by proguer View Post
    Why are people so mad about ending? Kotor 2 anyone? The game could easily end up by Garrus revealing his true identity as the guy who is leader of Reapers.
    Garrus is pretty badass, a duel with him (as hes probably the only one Shepard considers to be at his level) would beat Boyking of Reapers any day.
    If we are going by "Shepard was indoctrinated, and so was the player" mindfuck ending, i rather have it be a badass one.

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    i would sa give me mordin but he died doin what was right as a badass so give me either wrex, grunt or even the piscotic biotic jack
    Kill Wrex on Virmire.
    Destroy Maelons data.
    Congratulations, you just saved the most awesome performer of Gilbert and Sullivan.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I kind of think the whole "preserving species by turning them into a reaper" thing is silly. Or maybe it's just not adequately explained. So what if a "human" Reaper were to actually be made out of humans? I guess if they invoke space magic, the Reaper would take on the characteristics of humans, but it's just dumb to me.
    Human characteristics are quite emotion driven which are controlled by chemistry.
    Neither exists in the mechanical logicfunctionin synthetic creations.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-03-27 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Yep, just as I figured. Transcendence through space magic. I want them to explain how melting someone's brain into goo and mixing it with a billion other brains will preserve anything.

Regardless, the Reaper plot is based an assumption, not some inviolate truth. Add to that the god-child's admission that his solution was inadequate in the end...
    That's the thing with synthetics/AIs. They tend to have a mathematically solid point of view, but math doesn't include everything in most cases, so in reality their motives are flawed. Mass Effect isn't the first sci-fi franchise to explore this path. And as you say yourself, the Catalyst does take it into account when he learns something new.

I truly do believe that this is what Bioware wanted to signal with these elements of the game. Could definitely have been clearer on some points though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Lmao!
    Do like me, throw a singularity to where you stand and just let them come xD
    Most of the times when I stand still it ends in "OMNOMNOM BRAINS!"-moments. Running and flailing is essential for my survival tactic!

| RAGE. HATE. FEAR. | Sig by Shyama <3 |

Why are people so mad about ending? Kotor 2 anyone? The game could easily end up by Garrus revealing his true identity as the guy who is leader of Reapers.
    Never played KOTOR or KOTOR 2 so that means nothing to me. :P

The main problem I had with the ending was the lack of closure. It being the final game of the trilogy, I expected more... finality to it. I'd like to know what became of all the characters I've grown to love over the course of the three games, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Most of the times when I stand still it ends in "OMNOMNOM BRAINS!"-moments. Running and flailing is essential for my survival tactic!
    Double singularity in chokepoints are recipe for awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Never played KOTOR or KOTOR 2 so that means nothing to me. :P

The main problem I had with the ending was the lack of closure. It being the final game of the trilogy, I expected more... finality to it. I'd like to know what became of all the characters I've grown to love over the course of the three games, y'know?
    We know 3 things:
    -Shepard was indoctrinated
    -The war raged on despite he breaking out of or submitting to indoctrination (how that goes, anybodys guess)
    -It was all a myth. Funny that they had to put that into a game that takes place in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    We know 3 things:
    -Shepard was indoctrinated
    -The war raged on despite he breaking out of or submitting to indoctrination (how that goes, anybodys guess)
    -It was all a myth. Funny that they had to put that into a game that takes place in the future.
    Sources would be fantastic. The last I'd heard, BioWare denied the indoctrination theory. Even if they did confirm it as true, though, that doesn't do anything to address the lack of closure IMO. The war raged on...awesome, but how did it end? It was all a myth... what? Cop-out if I ever heard one.

If the indoctrination theory is true and the Reapers won anyway, then the story was worse than I thought... a story that is doomed to failure from the start is just lame. There has to be at least some chance of winning if you ask me. :/

Sources would be fantastic. The last I'd heard, BioWare denied the indoctrination theory. Even if they did confirm it as true, though, that doesn't do anything to address the lack of closure IMO. The war raged on...awesome, but how did it end? It was all a myth... what? Cop-out if I ever heard one.

If the indoctrination theory is true and the Reapers won anyway, then the story was worse than I thought... a story that is doomed to failure from the start is just lame. There has to be at least some chance of winning if you ask me. :/
    They HAVE to have won, by their own little NG+/import cutscene.
    Can't really have a legend if everyone who knew about it is dead.
    Can't recall them straight up denying the Indoctrination theory anywhere... which is odd seeing how many others have been denied by them (lol4chan)

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    They HAVE to have won, by their own little NG+/import cutscene. Can't really have a legend if everyone who knew about it is dead.
    Hm. Good point. I never really thought of that, though that still wouldn't address my issue with not knowing what happened to the people I actually knew. Garrus, Tali, etc. Shepard survives in mine so it'd be nice to know if she and Kaidan (her LI) ever reunited, if Kaidan and the rest of the Normandy crew ever got rescued from that jungle planet. Then again, that may not have happened at all if the indoctrination theory is true considering that theory suggest everything that happens after getting blown to shit by the shoop-da-whoopin' Reaper is only in Shepard's head.

Let's just wait till 6th of April. I sure hope then we'll get any clarification or whatsoever...

Quote Originally Posted by Teasy View Post
    Let's just wait till 6th of April. I sure hope then we'll get any clarification or whatsoever...
    New DLC!! Alternate Appearance Pack 1!!!!
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I would flip so many tables, you don't even know. XD

That's what they're pointing towards to. Any questions about DLC/NG+ playthrough scene/indoctrination theory/ponies dancing on rainbows will be adressed on April 6th. At least the Twitter answers keep repeating that. :P

OH MY GOD! Don't you dare jinx it, maaaan!

| RAGE. HATE. FEAR. | Sig by Shyama <3 |

inb4 DA:O style slideshow telling us why Casey Hudson is so much better than us because no-one understood the ending then someone blows up Bioware HQ

There are no official sources, just fans who pieces together things that appears in the game.
    Like the dreams. Rachni Queen says that during their indoctrination, they had dreams with oily shadows. (sounds familiar?)
    Something i found interesting during the stagger-scene after taking a laser in the face is that you can shoot with the gun, before Shepard grabs it.

I find it amusing that he puts the scene where the "child" dies (which is just before leaving earth) before the scene where you first start shooting, which is 1 min into the game.
    http://uninhibitedandunrepentant.tum...mind-holy-fuck

Well regardless, its nothing official but it seems that either Bioware did indoctrinate all the players but are denying it out of controversy (which they said was the whole point of the ending) or they overlooked so much stuff that they randomly tossed in for dramatic effect.

Im still pissed about them having lore-important DLCs (such as Kasumi/Shadow Broker/FUCKING JAVIK) as a way to get more money out of people who already paid for the game.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-03-27 at 09:04 PM.

Well regardless, its nothing official but it seems that either Bioware did indoctrinate all the players but are denying it out of controversy (which they said was the whole point of the ending) or they overlooked so much stuff that they randomly tossed in for dramatic effect.

Im still pissed about them having lore-important DLCs (such as Kasumi/Shadow Broker/FUCKING JAVIK) as a way to get more money out of people who already paid for the game.
    I really don't recall them denying it anywhere unlike other "leaks". They've dodged the subject by saying "this is the how it's supposed to be" but not flot-out stated it unless I missed something...

And it's pretty hard for them to add content dlc WITHOUT being lore-important and still people wanting to buy it

lady in wheelchair that is helping you whole game is all suddenly the Sith she was training you to fight against.
    Sounds like Jade Empire.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I really don't recall them denying it anywhere unlike other "leaks". They've dodged the subject by saying "this is the how it's supposed to be" but not flot-out stated it unless I missed something...

And it's pretty hard for them to add content dlc WITHOUT being lore-important and still people wanting to buy it
    Its just a asshole move, if they add content great, but we already paid for the game. We want full access.
    Making Zaeed free was great tho, the guy was badass.

Sounds like Jade Empire.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 09:12 PM ----------

Its just a asshole move, if they add content great, but we already paid for the game. We want full access.
    Making Zaeed free was great tho, the guy was badass.
    Until you murder him