10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I don't see how its exaggeration when they have to implement a zero tolerance policy. Clearly the employees have felt threatened. Even if you wanna ignore that little bit and ignore Muzykas letter that the discussion be constructive, the sheer amount of ludicrous trolling and stupidity on the forums is gross. Hell it's spilled out of the forums. I regularly follow Mass effect and Swtor on twitter and facebook and every discussion is flooded wit HOLD THE LINE or Marauder Shields trolls. It doesn't matter what the topic is. Their was a post about razer keyboards and mice. Within second it's was trolled out with ending memes and lunacy. Look even if I agreed with your case about the ending, it's gone from being constructive into a fucking meme. Next you'll have marauder shields planking or take a photo of shepard Tbowing. It's stupid and it hurts their cause.
    Since zero tolerance policy came into effect before launch, it couldn't have been a reaction to threats about me3. Impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Since zero tolerance policy came into effect before launch, it couldn't have been a reaction to threats. Impossible.
    People got a hold of the ending before hand and threatend the writers. I don't see how that invalidates it at all. In fact even if that weren't the case, it still lends evidence to the argument that people are over the top in their vitriol. Look if they threatened to rape one of the lead writers BEFORE the release of the game, how do you think they reacted after. You should run as fast as you can from that argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    People got a hold of the ending before hand and threatend the writers. I don't see how that invalidates it at all. In fact even if that weren't the case, it still lends evidence to the argument that people are over the top in their vitriol. Look if they threatened to rape one of the lead writers BEFORE the release of the game, how do you think they reacted after. You should run as fast as you can from that argument.
    It was in effect with the bold borders above the forums and a sign in notice before those leaks came out as well. Still impossible for it to be a reaction to ME3 ending.

Really you should run away from that argument. The zero tolerance policy covering insults just lends further evidence to how unconstructive the conversation being had is. For every 5 posts of civil discussion you've seen BW has clearly seen alot more trolling.
    And why should I, "run away from that argument"?

You're making assumptions, and you're generalizing. There is not one conversation being had, there's tens of thousands, each one of them different. You assume, for some reason, that instituting a zero tolerance policy requires a majority of posts to contain hostilities. The truth is, you don't know why that policy was made. For all you know, there could have been a rise in hostile posts, that are still well in the minority.

To use an example. If 0.02% of all posts on BSN were personal attacks against employees before the ending controversy, and afterwards it jumped up to 5%, that's still an increase of x250. That would certainly be enough for a change in policy in my book. The overall amount of hostile posts would still be an extreme minority though.

Hell, for all you know this change in policy could have been planned for a while. I certainly think it's just a good policy, period. Stop making assumptions that everyone and every discussion is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    And why should I, "run away from that argument"?

You're making assumptions, and you're generalizing. There is not one conversation being had, there's tens of thousands, each one of them different. You assume, for some reason, that instituting a zero tolerance policy requires a majority of posts to contain hostilities. The truth is, you don't know why that policy was made. For all you know, there could have been a rise in hostile posts, that are still well in the minority.

To use an example. If 0.02% of all posts on BSN were personal attacks against employees before the ending controversy, and afterwards it jumped up to 5%, that's still an increase of x250. That would certainly be enough for a change in policy in my book. The overall amount of hostile posts would still be an extreme minority though.

Hell, for all you know this change in policy could have been planned for a while. I certainly think it's just a good policy, period. Stop making assumptions that everyone and every discussion is the same.
    Their's no assumption. We can make use of the available evidence at hand and reach some fairly certain conclusions. One of those is that at some point the BSN community went from being constructive and friendly enough that no such policy was needed into something far worse where it was. I don't see why that's an assumption, that's what happened. It wasn't needed before but the community clearly has taken a step backwards.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 07:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    It was in effect with the bold borders above the forums and a sign in notice before those leaks came out as well. Still impossible for it to be a reaction to ME3 ending.
    Not true at all. People could have received leaks well in advance of what the internet got. Again it's not impossible you just don't know all the facts. Even if that isn't the case though, they threatened to rape one of the writers before the ending came out. You really think it's better after the ending? K

Their's no assumption. We can make use of the available evidence at hand and reach some fairly certain conclusions. One of those is that at some point the BSN community went from being constructive and friendly enough that no such policy was needed into something far worse where it was. I don't see why that's an assumption, that's what happened. It wasn't needed before but the community clearly has taken a step backwards.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 07:16 AM ----------

Not true at all. People could have received leaks well in advance of what the internet got. Again it's not impossible you just don't know all the facts. Even if that isn't the case though, they threatened to rape one of the writers before the ending came out. You really think it's better after the ending? K
    You're using an oversimplification to ignore my point, which is that an increase does not indicate a majority. You're also saying that correlation equals causation, which is a logical fallacy. You also don't seem to understand what an assumption is. If it's not absolute fact, it's an assumption, or conjecture.

Also the statements "they threatened to rape one of the writers" and "the BSN community went from being constructive and friendly enough that no such policy was needed into something far worse where it was" are both sweeping generalizations as they imply some sort of consensus.

I am a part of BSN, and I've never threatened to rape anyone, and I've never made any posts that go against the previous or current forum rules.

You're using an oversimplification to ignore my point. You also don't seem to understand what an assumption is. If it's not absolute fact, it's an assumption, or conjecture.

Also the statements "they threatened to rape one of the writers" and "the BSN community went from being constructive and friendly enough that no such policy was needed into something far worse where it was" are both sweeping generalizations as they imply some sort of consensus.

I am a part of BSN, and I've never threatened to rape anyone, and I've never made any posts that go against the previous or current forum rules.
    I am also part of the BSN and neither have I that does not mean it's become a troll house. I don't understand why you think your personal experience is indicative of the forum as a whole. Talk about generalizations. While their is no conspiracy or consensus the evidence speaks for itself. If BW did not feel that such rules were not needed they wouldn't need to have been implemted. I think it's fairly evident that the BSN community was the impetus behind it. You are welcome to disagree.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-03-31 at 07:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Bioware Social Network has always been odd with its rules. The rules now in place or standard rules for most forums but were missing since the creation of website. Even now when you click to Report a post they have a bunch of Categories that never really fit most reportable offenses. The changes really have nothing do with ME3 because all the problems they addressed have existed before with previous games. Staff has been attacked before, though sometimes after actively provoking fans like David Gaidar did with DA2

MMO-Champion has rules just like the ones enacted recently for BSN. Its pretty standard faire. However I doubt the occurrences of "rape her rape her" are high. Negatives always seem to be exaggerated and made bigger then they are. Every internet community has idiots and "bad" people on them. Even MMO-Champion does or there wouldn't be a need for moderator or banned people.

---------- Post added 2012-03-31 at 03:37 AM ----------

If BW did not feel that such rules were not needed they wouldn't need to have been implemted. I think it's fairly evident that the BSN community was the impetus behind it. You are welcome to disagree.
    The thing is you never could insult Staff or talk about raping staff members. They've just gone from a policy of warning and banning people to one of Zero Tolerance. They've always had those things against the rules. They've just decided to make the punishments for all crimes the maximum.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I am also part of the BSN and neither have I that does not mean it's become a troll house. I don't understand why you think your personal experience is indicative of the forum as a whole. Talk about generalizations. While their is no conspiracy or consensus the evidence speaks for itself. If BW did not feel that such rules were not needed they wouldn't have implemented. You can argue the reason all day I could care less, I think it's fairly evident that the BSN community was the impetus behind it. That should be fairly obvious. You also don't seem to understand what a conclusion is.
    I'm not saying my personal experience is indicative of the forum as a whole. What I'm saying, is that I have not experienced this hostility to such a degree, so there is certainly room for error. I agree that BioWare must have felt the rules were necessary, or they wouldn't have implemented it. It's a solid theory that I have no problem saying is most likely true.

However, your original argument was based on the reason, and not the act itself. You were originally saying you have no sympathy for the fans because we threaten to kill and rape writers/developers. Then when I said we don't do that as a whole, you cited the zero tolerance policy as proof. I then got into the argument for the reason why it was implemented, which is where I came up with my analogy to show that an increase does not indicate a majority.

I could recount the argument in more detail if you wish. Also, please point me to precisely where I used the term conclusion incorrectly, and if necessary I will redact that statement.

10+ Year Old Account

Speculation does not equal facts. Zero tolerance had nothing to do with the ME3 ending.

I'm not saying my personal experience is indicative of the forum as a whole. What I'm saying, is that I have not experienced this hostility to such a degree, so there is certainly room for error. I agree that BioWare must have felt the rules were necessary, or they wouldn't have implemented it. It's a solid theory that I have no problem saying is most likely true.

However, your original argument was based on the reason, and not the act itself. You were originally saying you have no sympathy for the fans because we threaten to kill and rape writers/developers. Then when I said we don't do that as a whole, you cited the zero tolerance policy as proof. I then got into the argument for the reason why it was implemented, which is where I came up with my analogy to show that an increase does not indicate a majority.

I could recount the argument in more detail if you wish. Also, please point me to precisely where I used the term conclusion incorrectly, and if necessary I will redact that statement.
    Oh I have no sympathy for the fans on many reasons. The rape and kill reason is but one. The fact that I can't have a conversation about the game in any venue without a plethora of trolls invading the conversation to spout memes about marauder shields or hold the line is another. The zero tolerance policy is proof of many things. The downward spiral of the BSN community as a whole is but one of them.

Oh I have no sympathy for the fans on many reasons. The rape and kill reason is but one. The fact that I can't have a conversation about the game in any venue without a plethora of trolls invading the conversation to spout memes about marauder shields or hold the line is another. The zero tolerance policy is proof of many things. The downward spiral of the BSN community as a whole is but one of them.
    But you just said you don't care about the reason for the zero tolerance policy, now you're citing the reason as evidence against the fans! *mind=boggled*

Jeez I'm sorry I brought this topic up. It's the weekend people, can't we all just take it easy like our friend Tali?

awesome pic
    "Keelah Se'lai"
    "Tali'Zorah: Just so you know I'm running a fever, I've got a nasty cough, and my sinuses are filled with something I can't even describe. But it was totally worth it! "

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    So i was playing through ME1 then ME2 landed on 2175 Aeia and came across this....

My Shep on Planet 2175 Aeia

The ending screenie in ME3

Same planet maybe? It also looks like the planet the crew crash land on.
    Nice catch. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The Ironic thing is if the indoctrination theory is true then he never existed,
    Just finished the game again. Choosed control this time.

I was very opposed to the indoctrination theory, but srsly it's the only viable theory. Basically ME3 ending is like Lost's ending. (Or maybe worse IDK.)

I'm very very curious with what will come out Bioware in april.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Jeez I'm sorry I brought this topic up. It's the weekend people, can't we all just take it easy like our friend Tali?

-Tali-
    Hahahaha, that one made me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    FINALLY finished ME3. Took the option to destroy the power and end all synthetic life.

The thing that caught me by surprise that in the very last second we see Shepard...amongst all the rubble...take a sudden breath. So he/she's alive. From what I had read about all the ending-hate, I thought Shepard "died" (literally or figuratively) no matter what...but my Shep is still alive
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

thats still to be know xuvial. its what we have been speculating these past 80 pages or so
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    So i was playing through ME1 then ME2 landed on 2175 Aeia and came across this....

My Shep on Planet 2175 Aeia

The ending screenie in ME3

Same planet maybe? It also looks like the planet the crew crash land on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Nice catch. O.o
    Nah, I dont think so. They aren't that clever. It's from a wallpaper.

http://g1-wallpapers.com/displayimag...lbum=21&pos=14