Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    FINALLY finished ME3. Took the option to destroy the power and end all synthetic life.

The thing that caught me by surprise that in the very last second we see Shepard...amongst all the rubble...take a sudden breath. So he/she's alive. From what I had read about all the ending-hate, I thought Shepard "died" (literally or figuratively) no matter what...but my Shep is still alive
    You only get the "Shepard survives" teaser if you managed to get enough EMS before starting the final part. Not everyone has seen that. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Nah, I dont think so. They aren't that clever. It's from a wallpaper.

http://g1-wallpapers.com/displayimag...lbum=21&pos=14
    You still see them land on a jungle planet that has two moons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    You only get the "Shepard survives" teaser if you managed to get enough EMS before starting the final part. Not everyone has seen that. :>
    ...what? I swear I read something official about the best ending only being possible if I did multiplayer or used the save editor...I did neither. My multiplier (or whatever its called ) was still 50% and I had assumed I would only be left with the "bad" endings?

Boy now I'm confused o_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    ...what? I swear I read something official about the best ending only being possible if I did multiplayer or used the save editor...I did neither. My multiplier (or whatever its called ) was still 50% and I had assumed I would only be left with the "bad" endings?

Boy now I'm confused o_O
    From what I've understood... If you played with an imported save from ME1/ME2 (or a second playthrough, NG+) you need "only" 4000 EMS. If it's a fresh game you need 5000 EMS to get the teaser. I'm not completely aware are these settings true since I had over 4000 EMS even on my first playthrough. I did play some multiplayer so my readiness was around ~65%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You still see them land on a jungle planet that has two moons.
    The moon is much farther away in one picture than the other. It would take millions of years for a moon to recede that distance. I would think if they wanted to make a real easter egg, they would make the moon's the same size or identical.

I am willing to bet the thought it just looked pretty enough to reuse it.

Boy now I'm confused o_O
    What matters is your effective military strength. If it's over 4000, you can get the best destroy ending. Or 5000 if you can't persuade Illusive Man.

The odd thing, is that it's actually not possible to get 4000 EMS without multiplayer or the IOS app... Now I'm curious, because I did the math myself, and it's only possible to get around 3900 EMS with an absolutely perfect single player game, that includes all DLC for all 3 games. Would you mind loading up your single player game, going to the war room, and telling me what your total war assets, readiness rating, and effective military strength are?

Also, people are more mad that the endings are bad writing, not that they're not happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    What matters is your effective military strength. If it's over 4000, you can get the best destroy ending. Or 5000 if you can't persuade Illusive Man.
    Oh right, I totally forgot about persuaiding TIM. Though I didn't manage to persuade him on my first playthrough and I had a bit over 4000 EMS. Am I absolutely wrong in my comment but didn't the score needed change depending on the type of your playthrough as well? Like if it's an imported ME1/ME2 save (or that NG+ replay) against a fresh, totally new ME3 playthrough?

10+ Year Old Account

The odd thing, is that it's actually not possible to get 4000 EMS without multiplayer or the IOS app... Now I'm curious, because I did the math myself, and it's only possible to get around 3900 EMS with an absolutely perfect single player game, that includes all DLC for all 3 games. Would you mind loading up your single player game, going to the war room, and telling me what your total war assets, readiness rating, and effective military strength are?
    Alright, this screenie was taken just before I started the mission to attack the Illusive Man's base:

http://i.imgur.com/95OsR.png

This was my ME2 shep that I imported:

http://i.imgur.com/2AEG7.png
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-03-31 at 12:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loaded up a save, this was taken just before I started the mission to attack the Illusive Man's base:

http://i.imgur.com/nRiFG.png

Got a similar save on my own, but I can't get more than 4k EMS, even with From Ashes DLC, I'm always at 3,8k. Haven't done only Overlord DLC from ME2.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Oh right, I totally forgot about persuaiding TIM. Though I didn't manage to persuade him on my first playthrough and I had a bit over 4000 EMS. Am I absolutely wrong in my comment but didn't the score needed change depending on the type of your playthrough as well? Like if it's an imported ME1/ME2 save (or that NG+ replay) against a fresh, totally new ME3 playthrough?
    Not sure about all the factors counting towards persuading TIM, but one of them is that you have to have done all the Paragon/Renegade dialogue with him previously, otherwise you won't get the option at the end.

Alright, this screenie was taken just before I started the mission to attack the Illusive Man's base:

http://i.imgur.com/95OsR.png

Da fuck?!?!? 8400 TMS? How is that even possible?

You are the very first person I've ever seen with that much EMS, and there's a few very large pages on BSN stating that that is impossible, as well as my own findings. Okay, I'm looking at my war assets, and I'm noticing some huge discrepancies. My Alliance is 400 more than yours, my Crucible is 500 more than yours, my Asari is 200 less than yours, my Alien is 400 more than yours, my ex cerberus is 200 less than yours, my Krogan is 800 less, and that's all I can see.

This isn't my perfect playthrough, as I had a couple quests bug, and some of my choices from ME2 aren't perfect, but none of my errors have to do with the Krogan. In fact I'm sure it's not possible to get that much for Krogan resources.

Are you sure you're not just fucking with me? What platform do you play on, and are you sure your copy is legit lol? You didn't promote like 20 multiplayer characters right? Also, do you mind if I link this on BSN? I'm sure people's jaws will drop.

Even data mining has not found that many resources to exist in the game.

Edit: Here's the wiki page for Krogan war assets. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/War_Assets/Krogan
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-03-31 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Not sure about all the factors counting towards persuading TIM, but one of them is that you have to have done all the Paragon/Renegade dialogue with him previously, otherwise you won't get the option at the end.
    I know the persuading thing. I didn't manage to persuade him during my first two playthroughs since I always managed to miss one persuade attempt when you talk to him. My point was that I was sitting at 4000 EMS in the end and didn't manage to persuade TIM. I still got the teaser.

And what he said. I haven't seen a single person managing to get over 4000 EMS with 50% Readiness rating. o_o

Deleted

You are the very first person I've ever seen with that much EMS, and there's a few very large pages on BSN stating that that is impossible, as well as my own findings. Okay, I'm looking at my war assets, and I'm noticing some huge discrepancies. My Alliance is 400 more than yours, my Crucible is 500 more than yours, my Asari is 200 less than yours, my Alien is 400 more than yours, my ex cerberus is 200 less than yours, my Krogan is 800 less, and that's all I can see.

This isn't my perfect playthrough, as I had a couple quests bug, and some of my choices from ME2 aren't perfect, but none of my errors have to do with the Krogan. In fact I'm sure it's not possible to get that much for Krogan resources.

Are you sure you're not just fucking with me? What platform do you play on, and are you sure your copy is legit lol? You didn't promote like 20 multiplayer characters right? Also, do you mind if I link this on BSN? I'm sure people's jaws will drop.

Even data mining has not found that many resources to exist in the game.

Edit: Here's the wiki page for Krogan war assets. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/War_Assets/Krogan
    Multiplayer Promotion would come under Alliance for N7 squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I'm aware. It's just about the only thing I could think of, other than the entire page being bugged out. But even then, I'd think I would have heard of this bug before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I haven't touched multiplayer, I'm almost always offline (playing on may laptop)

Here's what I have under Alliance:

Alliance Engineering Corps
    103rd Marine Division
    Alliance First Fleet
    Alliance Third Fleet
    Kahlee Sanders
    Jack
    Arcturus First Division
    Alliance Sixth Fleet
    Alliance Fifth Fleet
    Diana Allers
    Alliance Frigate Normandy SR-2
    Mineral Resources
    Khalisah Bint Sinan al-Jilani
    Eden Prime Support

I haven't touched multiplayer, I'm almost always offline (playing on may laptop)

Alliance Engineering Corps
    103rd Marine Division
    Alliance First Fleet
    Alliance Third Fleet
    Kahlee Sanders
    Jack
    Arcturus First Division
    Alliance Sixth Fleet
    Alliance Fifth Fleet
    Diana Allers
    Alliance Frigate Normandy SR-2
    Mineral Resources
    Khalisah Bint Sinan al-Jilani
    Eden Prime Support
    What do you have under Krogan? Because your Alliance page looks fairly normal. Also, what are the numbers for the individual entries under Krogan?

Do you use that app thing? Apparently it can grant extra war assets as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you're not just fucking with me? What platform do you play on, and are you sure your copy is legit lol?
    Aww I'm not that evil :S (full paragon actually :P) yes it's a legit copy, I play on PC.

Do you use that app thing? Apparently it can grant extra war assets as well.
    Nop

What do you have under Krogan? Because your Alliance page looks fairly normal. Also, what are the numbers for the individual entries under Krogan?
    Ok firstly what on earth is BSN? Google didn't turn up anything relevant >_>

And since this whole thing is apparently so unusual, I'll list out pretty much everything...

Alien - 463
    -Terminus Fleet - 200
    -Rachni Workers - 200
    -Citadel Defense Force - 63

Alliance - 1130
    -Alliance Engineering Corps - 130
    -103rd Marine Division - 155
    -Alliance First Fleet - 65
    -Alliance Third Fleet - 65
    -Kahlee Sanders - 45
    -Jack - 50
    -Arcturus First Division - 120
    -Alliance Sixth Fleet - 180
    -Alliance Fifth Fleet - 65
    -Diana Allers - 5
    -Alliance Frigate Normandy SR-2 - 115
    -Mineral Resources - 25
    -Khalisah Bint Sinan al-Jilani - 10
    -Eden Prime Support - 100

Asari - 828
    -Asari Science Team - 180
    -Asari Second Fleet - 188
    -Asari Sixty Fleet - 180
    -The Destiny Ascension - 140
    -Asari Commandos - 40
    -Samara - 50
    -Dr. Jelize - 50

Crucible - 180
    -Advanced Starship Fuel - 150
    -Optimized Eezo Capacitors - 30

Ex-Cerberus - 470
    -Cerberus Research Data - 100
    -Advanced Fighter Squadron - 150
    -Ex-Cerberus Scientists - 50
    -Dr. Brynn Cole - 50
    -Dr. Gavin Archer - 50
    -Jacob Taylor - 50
    -Ex-Cerberus Engineers - 20

Krogan - 1635
    -Udrnot Wrex - 60
    -Grunt - 50
    -Aralakh Company - 75
    -Krogan First Division - 100
    -Krogan Clans - 600
    -Clan Urdnot - 600
    -Krogan Mercenaries - 150

Geth - 1475
    -Geth Corps - 605
    -Geth Fleet - 750
    -Geth Prime Platoon - 120

Salarian - 70
    -Salarian Special Tasks Group - 70

Turian - 1013
    -Turian Sixth Fleet - 278
    -Turian 43rd Marine Division - 180
    -Turian Seventh Fleet - 185
    -Turian Blackwatch - 150
    -Turian Engineering Corps - 220

Quarian - 1175
    -Admiral Daro'Xen - 50
    -Admiral Zaal'Koris - 50
    -Quarian Civilian Fleet - 350
    -Quarian Heavy Fleet - 375
    -Quarian Patrol Fleet - 350

Everything adds up correctly to 8439.

Ow. My fingers.

edit: also note that I skimmed through the game on normal difficulty mainly for story, because the fights on harder modes become plain stupid with the random 1-hit deaths and all.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-03-31 at 01:51 PM.

Aww I'm not that evil :S (full paragon actually :P) yes it's a legit copy, I play on PC.

Nop

Ok firstly what on earth is BSN? Google didn't turn up anything relevant >_>

And since this whole thing is apparently so unusual, I'll list out pretty much everything...

Alien - 463
    -Terminus Fleet - 200
    -Rachni Workers - 200
    -Citadel Defense Force - 63

Alliance - 1130
    -Alliance Engineering Corps - 130
    -103rd Marine Division - 155
    -Alliance First Fleet - 65
    -Alliance Third Fleet - 65
    -Kahlee Sanders - 45
    -Jack - 50
    -Arcturus First Division - 120
    -Alliance Sixth Fleet - 180
    -Alliance Fifth Fleet - 65
    -Diana Allers - 5
    -Alliance Frigate Normandy SR-2 - 115
    -Mineral Resources - 25
    -Khalisah Bint Sinan al-Jilani - 10
    -Eden Prime Support - 100

Asari - 828
    -Asari Science Team - 180
    -Asari Second Fleet - 188
    -Asari Sixty Fleet - 180
    -The Destiny Ascension - 140
    -Asari Commandos - 40
    -Samara - 50
    -Dr. Jelize - 50

Crucible - 180
    -Advanced Starship Fuel - 150
    -Optimized Eezo Capacitors - 30

Ex-Cerberus - 470
    -Cerberus Research Data - 100
    -Advanced Fighter Squadron - 150
    -Ex-Cerberus Scientists - 50
    -Dr. Brynn Cole - 50
    -Dr. Gavin Archer - 50
    -Jacob Taylor - 50
    -Ex-Cerberus Engineers - 20

Krogan - 1635
    -Udrnot Wrex - 60
    -Grunt - 50
    -Aralakh Company - 75
    -Krogan First Division - 100
    -Krogan Clans - 600
    -Clan Urdnot - 600
    -Krogan Mercenaries - 150

Geth - 1475
    -Geth Corps - 605
    -Geth Fleet - 750
    -Geth Prime Platoon - 120

Salarian - 70
    -Salarian Special Tasks Group - 70

Turian - 1013
    -Turian Sixth Fleet - 278
    -Turian 43rd Marine Division - 180
    -Turian Seventh Fleet - 185
    -Turian Blackwatch - 150
    -Turian Engineering Corps - 220

Quarian - 1175
    -Admiral Daro'Xen - 50
    -Admiral Zaal'Koris - 50
    -Quarian Civilian Fleet - 350
    -Quarian Heavy Fleet - 375
    -Quarian Patrol Fleet - 350

Everything adds up correctly to 8439.

Ow. My fingers.

edit: also note that I skimmed through the game on normal difficulty mainly for story, because the fights on harder modes become plain stupid with the 1-hit deaths and all.
    Huh, most of your resources are exactly twice their normal values. Was this a new game plus? Even so, I'm 99% sure that's not supposed to happen, even on a new game plus. Seems like a bug of some sort lol.

Edit: Oh, BSN is BioWare Social Network. It's the official BioWare forums.

This guy has to have hacked his save. His Krogan, Rachni and Asari forces are almost double what they should be and the Quarian forces are triple what they should be.