1. #3381
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Yea, besides ALL the old characters from old team are worth 25, like Jacob, Mordin, Ashley etc. He has them all listed as 50..

    But can anyone tell me whats up with the pistol, where does it come from. And I don't mean just the ending. I play as soldier and don't even have a pistol or SMG of any kind but often in cutscenes Shepard still manages to pull that thing out from somewhere. Kinda reminds me of the murder knife in DA series:P
    I guess one can make the argument that one of the guys that got vaporized or killed dropped it. Shepard just picked it up because it was in front of him and his weapons were toast. Still doesn't change the fact that the gun behaves like one from ME1. With the no ammo, and can fire as much as you want. Except it never overheats either, another really fishy thing to me. Guns from both generations would need cooldown time eventually. Although the ME1 guns can last much longer before overheat(pistol wise). So I guess what I'm saying here, like a million other things, the gun makes zero sense.

    In regards to the Asari breeding. Whichever Asari wants to carry the kid and be the majority caregiver, is the one who has it and does the meld, it's as simple as that I think.They would probably just impregnate each other if they both wanted a kid that represented their specific genes. Since the one mother contributes both sets of genes, and the other person is just used to randomize it pretty much. I've yet to hear of any Asari "marriages" in game so I'm also going to assume that raising a kid is a more solo affair with an occasional visit from the 'father'. Can't say that for certain though, we really only have Liara's parents as a example.

    That actually bugs me even more then the breeding thing. All hints in game point to Asari only haveing one meld partner their entire 1000 year life, yet we don't see any married Asari or anything like that. They are ALWAYS solo. Just seems odd.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-01 at 02:43 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  2. #3382
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I guess one can make the argument that one of the guys that got vaporized or killed dropped it. Shepard just picked it up because it was in front of him and his weapons were toast. Still doesn't change the fact that the gun behaves like one from ME1. With the no ammo, and can fire as much as you want. Except it never overheats either, another really fishy thing to me. Guns from both generations would need cooldown time eventually. Although the ME1 guns can last much longer before overheat. So I guess what I'm saying here, like a million other things, the gun makes zero sense.
    It is just a "catch all weapon" that Bioware uses. Most per-rendered cut scenes use assault rifles or heavy pistols for their weapon. It is used in the final scene because it wouldn't make sense to have an assault rifle or a sniper rifle. A smg and shotgun could work but would have to much recoil. The heavy pistol (and even if you have one equipped its the standard one and not the scorpion or something) just works.

    It's not supposed to make sense, its just a means to an end. Its a game tool to enable the story. And not really a "story" tool.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #3383
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is just a "catch all weapon" that Bioware uses. Most per-rendered cut scenes use assault rifles or heavy pistols for their weapon. It is used in the final scene because it wouldn't make sense to have an assault rifle or a sniper rifle. A smg and shotgun could work but would have to much recoil. The heavy pistol (and even if you have one equipped its the standard one and not the scorpion or something) just works.

    It's not supposed to make sense, its just a means to an end. Its a game tool to enable the story. And not really a "story" tool.
    But bioware, in ME anyway, is so good at making game tools that enable story that don't stick out like a sore thumb and actually work well in the story. They simply could have made it a normal pistol he found on the ground, fully loaded. Then just stick a thermal clip on the ground just before the citadel's arms room in case the guy uses it all beforehand and is like "LOL, how do I shoot them(Anderson,TIM) with no bullets?". Instead they throw all this crap at you at once, including the gun thing. That's what gets me. Everything in mass effect made perfect sense until that last 15 minute sequence where so many things are just... off.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-01 at 03:00 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  4. #3384
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    But bioware, in ME anyway, is so good at making game tools that enable story that don't stick out like a sore thumb and actually work well in the story. They simply could have made it a normal pistol he found on the ground, fully loaded. Then just stick a thermal clip on the ground just before the citadel's arms room in case the guy uses it all beforehand and is like "LOL, how do I shoot them(Anderson,TIM) with no bullets?". Instead they throw all this crap at you at once, including the gun thing. That's what gets me. Everything in mass effect made perfect sense until that last 15 minute sequence where so many things are just... off.
    The same exact "infinite ammo pistol" effect happens on the Mars mission when you shoot the Dr. Eva robot after she thrashes Kaidan/Ashley. They probably just picked the pistol because it's a weapon you can see any class using, a general purpose weapon.

  5. #3385
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    The same exact "infinite ammo pistol" effect happens on the Mars mission when you shoot the Dr. Eva robot after she thrashes Kaidan/Ashley. They probably just picked the pistol because it's a weapon you can see any class using, a general purpose weapon.
    I actually was to into the story at that part both times to notice I guess. My bad, explains the ending gun part though at least. I still think they should of done something different because it threw me right off and I lost my immersion, unlike the first time(Dr.Eva) when I didn't even notice. Probably because it's just a couple seconds the first time and your getting charged by the assassin as opposed to a 15 minute sequence where you can fire at will anywhere at the end of the game.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-01 at 04:01 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  6. #3386
    Herald of the Titans Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,545
    The assault rifle has always irked me, the pistol not so much. I justify it by saying that as a solider, you'll probably always keep a backup weapon for whatever reason. even if you already carry around two weapons, you'd still have an extra one in case. *shrug* that's what I think

  7. #3387

  8. #3388
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The Adventures of Javik: http://skoolmunkee.tumblr.com/
    Every single one of those made me laugh out loud, especially the Earth segment in first comic and the biotic charge one. Thanks for that. I love Javik.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-01 at 05:01 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  9. #3389
    I just came across something very interesting:

    If you have the iPhone app, Kaidan will e-mail Shepard a day or two after you finish the game. The message says "Hey, Commander. Thought I might come down to see you today--if they let me. Here’s hoping."

    To me, that implies Shepard is in the hospital.

    I got the "best ending" where Shepard survives by choosing Destroy and having over 5k EMS. Not sure if that's required to get the message from Kaidan.
    I think they mentioned that you have to have romanced Kaidan to trigger this as well. I don't have the datapad app, so can anyone confirm this?

  10. #3390
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I just came across something very interesting:

    I think they mentioned that you have to have romanced Kaidan to trigger this as well. I don't have the datapad app, so can anyone confirm this?
    I don't know. This whole datapad and multiplayer things feel like cheating to me lol.

  11. #3391
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    I don't know. This whole datapad and multiplayer things feel like cheating to me lol.
    Well cheating or not, think about what that could mean.

    1) Shepard is alive, which makes obvious sense with the "Shepard survives" ending.

    2) Shepard and Kaidan are on the same planet, so the whole "Normandy crashes" thing never happened.

    3) The Reapers are actually dead. I can't see Shepard being retrieved and cared for otherwise.

  12. #3392
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Well cheating or not, think about what that could mean.

    1) Shepard is alive, which makes obvious sense with the "Shepard survives" ending.

    2) Shepard and Kaidan are on the same planet, so the whole "Normandy crashes" thing never happened.

    3) The Reapers are actually dead. I can't see Shepard being retrieved and cared for otherwise.
    The fleet was annihilated(or close to it) and the crucible was destroyed, so Harbinger flew off and the Normandy stealth flew in and picked up Shep and the others. I think that could be another option. That would suck.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-01 at 05:22 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  13. #3393
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    4) The fleet was annihilated and the crucible was destroyed, so Harbinger flew off and the Normandy stealth flew in and picked up Shep. That would suck.
    Except the whole "Thought I might come down to see you today--if they let me" part implies that Shepard is somewhere other than the Normandy.

  14. #3394
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Except the whole "Thought I might come down to see you today--if they let me" part implies that Shepard is somewhere other than the Normandy.
    Yah, I guess that's true. It's not like they would bring him somewhere else when they had a full med-bay and Chakwas on hand. My bad. Interesting possibilities though, I never knew of that message.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-01 at 05:27 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  15. #3395
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Yah, I guess that's true. It's not like they would bring him somewhere else when they had a full med-bay and Chakwas on hand. My bad.
    Where else would there be for them to bring him to anyways? The Citadel would be gone and virtually every world would have a Reaper presence by that point.

  16. #3396
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Where else would there be for them to bring him to anyways? The Citadel would be gone and virtually every world would have a Reaper presence by that point.
    Well with the Reapers done like you said, there might be a good hospital somewhere. But honestly, the Normandy would probably be the best place for him anyways if he wasn't already in the care of some facility on earth and the citadel in ruins or gone.

    About the Citadel, pretty horrifying to think what the Reapers were doing to the massive amount of people on it once they took it...poor Bailey.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  17. #3397
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Well with the Reapers done like you said, there might be a good hospital somewhere. But honestly, the Normandy would probably be the best place for him anyways if he wasn't already in the care of some facility on earth and the citadel in ruins or gone.

    About the Citadel, pretty horrifying to think what the Reapers were doing to the massive amount of people on it once they took it...poor Bailey.
    Yeah, it would be like the Cerberus takeover but 10 times worse. Even worse than the whole thing getting blown up.

  18. #3398
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,426
    Oh man, you guys check out Blizzard's April Fools pages?

    I found this little gem in there.

    Multiple endings, each influenced by your choices and color-coded for your convenience! (Further epic endings planned for post release as downloadable content.)

    Got a good chuckle out of that, taking shots at Bioware.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  19. #3399
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Oh man, you guys check out Blizzard's April Fools pages?

    I found this little gem in there.

    Multiple endings, each influenced by your choices and color-coded for your convenience! (Further epic endings planned for post release as downloadable content.)

    Got a good chuckle out of that, taking shots at Bioware.
    ZING! hahaha. I love April fools day. I'm seriously surprised that actually said that though, but I like it. +1 for Blizz.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-01 at 07:53 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  20. #3400
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Oh man, you guys check out Blizzard's April Fools pages?

    I found this little gem in there.

    Multiple endings, each influenced by your choices and color-coded for your convenience! (Further epic endings planned for post release as downloadable content.)

    Got a good chuckle out of that, taking shots at Bioware.
    Yeah that was just the icing on the whole cake. It can't get any better then that. And sort of shows how stupid the whole idea is in the first place. Which sucks cause ME3 ending wasn't a April Fools joke....
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •