Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Yay, I'm providing entertainment!

P.S. Give me back my popcorn. >:c
    There are three buckets of popcorn you can choose between, they have differently coloured seasonings.
    One of them will kill Greevir as he devours them, one will merge you with him and one will make you control him.
    Oh, and you will die regardless of what you choose, but you have to follow the buckets.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, I am leaning toward option 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The ingame conversations gave me the impression he was floating around in the vacuum of space.
    He may be commander shepard, but i seriously doubt he can survive plummeting through an atmosphere (without burning up), and hit the ground without being completly smashed.
    They even commented that the helmet managed to protect the brain.
    If N7 makes helmets that lets you survive freefalling bodysmash from space... I want to know how their soldiers ever die.
    Huh, I always figured he slammed into the planet. If you look close enough at the cutscene it looks a bit like he's getting friction on the atmosphere before it goes to the ME logo.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 08:17 PM ----------

7:35

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Huh, I always figured he slammed into the planet. If you look close enough at the cutscene it looks a bit like he's getting friction on the atmosphere before it goes to the ME logo.
    It does actually..
    Thats actually interesting, because the scientists were talking about the vacuums effect on shepards brain as opposed to freefalling god knows how many tens of thousands metres the fall would be.
    You can go to that planet, and its not a vacuum.

So either the scientists were wrong and shepard is indestructable from falling a distance that would reduce a normal man to nothing but an ant, or that scene is simply misguiding, because it sure looks like he fell right onto it.

It does actually..
    Thats actually interesting, because the scientists were talking about the vacuums effect on shepards brain as opposed to freefalling god knows how many tens of thousands metres the fall would be.

So either the scientists were wrong and shepard is indestructable from falling a distance that would reduce a normal man to nothing but an ant, or that scene is simply misguiding, because it sure looks like he fell right onto it.
    The wiki makes it sound like he did indeed hit the planet. The way I always thought of it is that the armor is just really advanced and took the brunt of the damage. Sure, he was dead as a doorknob, but his body was somewhat intact. That's my headcanon version anyway. He died from suffocation before anything else apparently, at least according to the wiki.

Honestly, I always thought of Halo when I saw that scene. Specifically in the book Fall of Reach when a bunch of SPARTANs have to drop onto the planet from the upper atmosphere with nothing but their suits. If I recall, only a couple SPARTANs even died from the fall lol. And of course they had to mirror that scene in Halo: Reach.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-04-01 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The wiki makes it sound like he did indeed hit the planet. The way I always thought of it is that the armor is just really advanced and took the brunt of the damage. Sure, he was dead as a doorknob, but his body was somewhat intact. That's my headcanon version anyway.
    The armor can take off enough damage from hitting a planet that it can be repaired but it cant protect you from a krogan charging you.
    Thats pretty funny.

It does actually..

What're that planet's stats? Maybe there's not enough gravity that it would be that bad a fall? Or... I don't know. Physics hurt my brain.

The armor can take off enough damage from hitting a planet that it can be repaired but it cant protect you from a krogan charging you.
    Thats pretty funny.
    DBZ effect. Something's size does not indicate its strength. Dem Krogan must hit really hard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    What're that planet's stats? Maybe there's not enough gravity that it would be that bad a fall? Or... I don't know. Physics hurt my brain.
    0.83 atmosphere pressure.
    "its large size allows it to retain a thick atmosphere of methane and ammonia"
    9 229 km radius.
    0.85 surface gravity
    -22 C surface temperature.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Alchera
    Surface Gravity: 0.85 g
    Atm. Pressure: 0.83 atm

In comparison Earth
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Earth
    Surface Gravity: 1.0 g
    Atm. Pressure: 1 atm

Either way I think he would burn up before he hit the ground in any case. Though Alchera is said to have a methane and ammonia atmosphere so maybe that makes a difference. His helmet also survives somewhat as it can be recovered during the DLC mission.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-04-01 at 06:42 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Maybe he landed in a biiiiiiiiiiig lake of marshmallows from heaven that then bounced him onto the surface, landing light as a feather, and then sucked out all the atmosphere of the planet and disappeared, then the planet got its atmosphere back after days of searching for the evil atmosphere stealing marshmallows and destroying them, then Liara and Feron came along and found Shepard's body intact but suffering from long-term exposure to vacuum and sub-zero temperatures and then Liara gave it to Cerberus?

.... Dafuq did I just type?
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-04-01 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Fixed errors that should make me feel ashamed to call myself a Mass Effect fan.

Deleted
    Maybe he landed in a biiiiiiiiiiig lake of marshmallows from heaven that then bounced him onto the surface, landing light as a feather, and then sucked out all the atmosphere of the planet and disappeared, then the planet got its atmosphere back after days of searching for the evil atmosphere stealing marshmallows and destroying the, then Liaracame along and found Shepard's body intact but suffering from long-term exposure to vacuum and sub-zero temperatures and handed it over to Cerberus?
    I spot a bioware DLC in the making.

I spot a bioware DLC in the making.
    I spot a whole shitload of errors. Wow, I need more coffee.

Deleted
    There are three buckets of popcorn you can choose between, they have differently coloured seasonings.
    One of them will kill Greevir as he devours them, one will merge you with him and one will make you control him.
    Oh, and you will die regardless of what you choose, but you have to follow the buckets.
    AHHAHAH. Thank you for this. My raiding just turned a lot more brighter.

Plus I seriously hope Moontalon's statement is true.

Marshmallows. 'Nuff said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he landed in a biiiiiiiiiiig lake of marshmallows from heaven that then bounced him onto the surface, landing light as a feather, and then sucked out all the atmosphere of the planet and disappeared, then the planet got its atmosphere back after days of searching for the evil atmosphere stealing marshmallows and destroying them, then Liara and Feron came along and found Shepard's body intact but suffering from long-term exposure to vacuum and sub-zero temperatures and gave it to Cerberus?

.... Dafuq did I just type?
    Cleary its because the collector beam that shot the Normandy was orange which is made up of Red and Yellow. And yellow was the favorite color of one of the knights in the holy grail. But he lied and said it was blue so he died. Thus Blue ending kills you and Red ending is a lie because of Aliens.

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 02:48 PM ----------

I spot a whole shitload of errors. Wow, I need more coffee.
    If you want errors, read the info about the planets. I love when they say "uninhabitable" or "off limits" but then it says there is a population on the planet. I seriously think some stuff Bioware just made up, the stuff they didn't think would matter. Though it really isn't as far as ME3 endings so not a big deal. I mean who cares if the planet info doesn't match the stats or missions on it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Cleary its because the collector beam that shot the Normandy was orange which is made up of Red and Yellow. And yellow was the favorite color of one of the knights in the holy grail. But he lied and said it was blue so he died. Thus Blue ending kills you and Red ending is a lie because of Aliens.
    Really? I thought the beam was yellow. It looked yellow on my screen. It was so yellow! Or maybe more of a gold-ish color...

Maybe he used his biotic powers to slow his fall for once >_>

That always bugged me in ME3. You always see biotic characters slow their falls, but Shepard always helplessly falls on his ass even when he's a biotic.

Also, like I said way back when I first mentioned the datapad message, it doesn't make any sense at all in a "Reapers are still alive" context. The one from Kaidan indicates that (s)he's in someone else's care and not on the Normandy. So it means that there's an operational hospital somewhere that Shepard was taken to, one that has functional red tape to keep Kaidan from seeing her/him. And yeah it also means that the Normandy getting stranded didn't happen, which I am fine with because it was one of the dumbest parts of the ending.

edit: Oh yeah Aveline I've gotten both blue and red color visions from Liara. Not sure why it changes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Maybe he used his biotic powers to slow his fall for once >_>

That always bugged me in ME3. You always see biotic characters slow their falls, but Shepard always helplessly falls on his ass even when he's a biotic.
    I'm not the only one! Yay! This always bugged me too.

The Internet - Making you feel less unique every day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the main difference is: whether or not he crashed onto that planet, it is said in Vlogs during first mission in ME2 that Shepards' brain was mostly intact because of the helmet and body was not destroyed completely because of the suit. And well, during the last scene, even if he flew from citadel to earth, he would burn totally, because his armor was a wreckage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teasy View Post
    Well the main difference is: whether or not he crashed onto that planet, it is said in Vlogs during first mission in ME2 that Shepards' brain was mostly intact because of the helmet and body was not destroyed completely because of the suit. And well, during the last scene, even if he flew from citadel to earth, he would burn totally, because his armor was a wreckage.
    Not to mention the explosion came from where he was, and he would have the citadel ontop of him.
    Shepard would be indestructable.