1. #3641
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Three asari and a drell adepts walk into a bronze match...

    This will be interesting.


    I have never seen so many stasis fields and warps being thrown around in one match before, it was glorious.
    Nothing I love more in ME3 than that biotic explosion sound and all that secondary damage.

  2. #3642
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Wow, I must have been more influenced than I thought. It was supposed to be less, not more.

    In all fairness, i did alter the message to spur you on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Three asari and a drell adepts walk into a bronze match...

    This will be interesting.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 02:20 PM ----------

    I have never seen so many stasis fields and warps being thrown around in one match before, it was glorious.

    Could had used that when i had 2 banshees and a brute ontop of me at the exactly same time.

  3. #3643
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I just spam the button to skip all the dialogue and play Bejeweled on my phone.
    Yeah thats the only part of the whole game that I would totally skip everytime. The other conversations are quite good but the space Kid is just ridiculous.

    Atleast the final conversation with TIM is good and I like it but everything after that one is meh

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 04:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    Nothing I love more in ME3 than that biotic explosion sound and all that secondary damage.
    So true I love playing on my Adept because it just feels imba to throw Singularitys and Warp and stuff around

  4. #3644
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah thats the only part of the whole game that I would totally skip everytime. The other conversations are quite good but the space Kid is just ridiculous.

    Atleast the final conversation with TIM is good and I like it but everything after that one is meh
    Agreed. I actually join the conversation with TIM. Just hearing him crack and starting to doubt himself is just, well... Good acting. At least I really like it.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  5. #3645
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Agreed. I actually join the conversation with TIM. Just hearing him crack and starting to doubt himself is just, well... Good acting. At least I really like it.
    Absolutely especially the final rep check on that one is cool. When he starts to whimper and stutter and then commits suicide

    I was a big TIM fan even back in ME2 and I always liked him. Jack Harper (his real name) is just cool
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2012-04-03 at 02:23 PM.

  6. #3646
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Absolutely especially the final rep check on that one is cool. When he starts to whimper and almost cries and then commits suicide

    I was a big TIM fan even back in ME2 and I always liked him. Jack Harper (his real name) is just cool
    "I sacrifised more for humanity than you will ever know."
    The downwards spiral to madness of a man who sacrises everything for good and the toll it takes on him, misguided and corrupted yet firm to his original goals and beliefs.
    Delicious.

  7. #3647
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Absolutely especially the final rep check on that one is cool. When he starts to whimper and almost cries and then commits suicide

    I was a big TIM fan even back in ME2 and I always liked him. Jack Harper (his real name) is just cool
    He's definitely one of my favourite voice actors in Mass Effect-series. He manages to pour so much emotions in the lines and some of the stuff that you hear is just spine-chilling! And the final crack definitely did it for me. Just the way he managed to do it... Wow. I actually felt a bit sorry for TIM.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  8. #3648
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    "I sacrifised more for humanity than you will ever know."
    The downwards spiral to madness of a man who sacrises everything for good and the toll it takes on him, misguided and corrupted yet firm to his original goals and beliefs.
    Delicious.
    Actually TIM was the tragic "hero" of ME3. He wanted to protect humanity and saw the only opportunity to defeat the reapers in controlling them. However he was already controlled by the reapers but until the final conversation he was thinking that he could still control them.

    He´s a tragic character to be honest. In ME2 he was the only one to take the Reapers serious. After rezzing Shepard he really was one of the few to help destroy the collectors.

    In ME3 he descends into madness however but he still has his moral standards. He just wanted to defeat the Reapers.

    TIM was not annoying it was Kai Leng I still rage when I see him ... Such a prick lol
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2012-04-03 at 02:31 PM.

  9. #3649
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    TIM was not annoying it was Kai Leng I still rage when I see him ... Such a prick lol
    TELL ME ABOUT IT! That mail he sends you after Thessia just made my blood boil. Titled "Evacuation of Thessia" (or something like that) and when you open it he basically goes "LOLOLOL! MADE YOU LOOK! IN YOUR FACE!". I actually went all "What a f*cking prick. What a god damn bloody prick!" at my TV after reading the message.

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  10. #3650
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    TELL ME ABOUT IT! That mail he sends you after Thessia just made my blood boil. Titled "Evacuation of Thessia" (or something like that) and when you open it he basically goes "LOLOLOL! MADE YOU LOOK! IN YOUR FACE!". I actually went all "What a f*cking prick. What a god damn bloody prick!" at my TV after reading the message.
    I was really crying at the end of Thessia after Liara managed to keep Shepard from falling and Shep then runs to the entrance and shoots into the air. This was one of the saddest moments in this game.

    I was really sad but also very annoyed about Kai Leng. The email you mentioned just killed it for me and after I have read it I was shouting out loud in anger of this mofo.

    The best moment however is when you renegade interupt him when he is sneaking up to you.

    "Shepard: This was for Miranda you motherfucker."
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2012-04-03 at 02:38 PM.

  11. #3651
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Actually TIM was the tragic "hero" of ME3. He wanted to protect humanity and saw the only opportunity to defeat the reapers in controlling them. However he was already controlled by the reapers but until the final conversation he was thinking that he could still control them.

    He´s a tragic character to be honest. In ME2 he was the only one to take the Reapers serious. After rezzing Shepard he really was one of the few to help destroy the collectors.

    In ME3 he descends into madness however but he still has his moral standards. He just wanted to defeat the Reapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Actually
    I was actually on about the same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post

    "Shepard: This was for Miranda you motherfucker."
    If only i could let Miranda die to save Thane...

  12. #3652
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I was actually on about the same thing.


    If only i could let Miranda die to save Thane...
    Just create a stock ME3 save and she dies at the end of the Sanctuary Mission.

  13. #3653
    Brewmaster Aveline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right here.
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I was really crying at the end of Thessia after Liara managed to keep Shepard from falling and Shep then runs to the entrance and shoots into the air. This was one of the saddest moments in this game.

    I was really sad but also very annoyed about Kai Leng. The email you mentioned just killed it for me and after I have read it I was shouting out loud in anger of this mofo.

    The best moment however is when you renegade interupt him when he is sneaking up to you.

    "Shepard: This was for Miranda you motherfucker."
    Miranda survived for me so I avenged Thane. Even on my Paragon Shepard I just had to do that Renegade interrupt. That was just waaaay too satisfying to ignore.

    Thessia was indeed sad. I was feeling really down and going "Nononononono!" during the end there. And when Shepard has to confront the councilor about the result... I felt absolutely awful. And then that mail came. I was hoping for good news and then it turns out it's Kai Leng rubbing their win at your face. He's seriously such an ass. I still shout at him. D:<

    | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

  14. #3654
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Just create a stock ME3 save and she dies at the end of the Sanctuary Mission.

    She died in my first playthrough because i didnt trust her.
    I know how to kill her.
    But the point is, i want to kill her (on purpose, for now) to save Thane, who you cant save and who is a very awesome character.

  15. #3655
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Miranda survived for me so I avenged Thane. Even on my Paragon Shepard I just had to do that Renegade interrupt. That was just waaaay too satisfying to ignore.

    Thessia was indeed sad. I was feeling really down and going "Nononononono!" during the end there. And when Shepard has to confront the councilor about the result... I felt absolutely awful. And then that mail came. I was hoping for good news and then it turns out it's Kai Leng rubbing their win at your face. He's seriously such an ass. I still shout at him. D:<
    Yeah I was crying like a baby after the fight with Kai Leng. The cinematics where just too sad. Especially when Shepard had to tell the Councillor about it

    The only other sad moment of ME3 was when you decide to let the geth live when Tali jumps of the cliff

    This is why I always side with the Quarians because this scene would kill me inside
    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2012-04-03 at 02:48 PM.

  16. #3656
    High Overlord Alexandrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Miranda survived for me so I avenged Thane. Even on my Paragon Shepard I just had to do that Renegade interrupt. That was just waaaay too satisfying to ignore.

    Thessia was indeed sad. I was feeling really down and going "Nononononono!" during the end there. And when Shepard has to confront the councilor about the result... I felt absolutely awful. And then that mail came. I was hoping for good news and then it turns out it's Kai Leng rubbing their win at your face. He's seriously such an ass. I still shout at him. D:<
    I felt the same. I totally wanted to rip him in two after the Thessia mission. Felt so satisfying to finally put him down at Cerberus Base.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 07:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah I was crying like a baby after the fight with Kai Leng. The cinematics where just too sad. Especially when Shepard had to tell the Councillor about it

    The only other sad moment of ME3 was when you decide to let the geth live when Tali jumps of the cliff

    This is why I always side with the Quarians because this scene would kill me inside
    =O You really need to get ME2...I honestly don't think I could ever choose between the two.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

  17. #3657
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    I felt the same. I totally wanted to rip him in two after the Thessia mission. Felt so satisfying to finally put him down at Cerberus Base.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 07:52 AM ----------



    =O You really need to get ME2...I honestly don't think I could ever choose between the two.
    Well on a fresh ME3 save Legion is already dead so you have to basically chose between Tali and a Geth VI. So no Legion involved and to be honest I could not decide between killing Legion or Tali.

    I just love them both

  18. #3658
    High Overlord Alexandrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Well on a fresh ME3 save Legion is already dead so you have to basically chose between Tali and a Geth VI. So no Legion involved and to be honest I could not decide between killing Legion or Tali.

    I just love them both
    True enough. But even so, knowing that the Geth never really wanted to kill the Quarians, I wouldn't be able to choose in a stock save I think.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

  19. #3659
    Pit Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    He's definitely one of my favourite voice actors in Mass Effect-series. He manages to pour so much emotions in the lines and some of the stuff that you hear is just spine-chilling! And the final crack definitely did it for me. Just the way he managed to do it... Wow. I actually felt a bit sorry for TIM.
    Martin Sheen is a very talented actor. When I was a kid, I use to watch West Wing (Darn you parents *Glares*). He was one of the few reasons that show wasnt so boring for me. Kind makes me wish He would be come president, he was good at acting like one!

  20. #3660
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah I was crying like a baby after the fight with Kai Leng. The cinematics where just too sad. Especially when Shepard had to tell the Councillor about it

    The only other sad moment of ME3 was when you decide to let the geth live when Tali jumps of the cliff

    This is why I always side with the Quarians because this scene would kill me inside
    Talis personality and expressions are rather special, so i had to kill her off the first time so i could enjoy her despair.
    It was utterly delicious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •