Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    It's actually a good idea, since you never know if EA will pull it off of steam. I just noticed that they pulled DA2 off of steam a while ago...
    It stays tied to your account though. They only pull games from the Store. I have a couple of titles that are no longer accessible via Store (their Store page is gone), but I have the titles in my collection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    It stays tied to your account though. They only pull games from the Store. I have a couple of titles that are no longer accessible via Store (their Store page is gone), but I have the titles in my collection.
    Would be kinda stealing if they just removed the game you payed for from your library.

It doesn't seem to be the case for DA2. I have a new computer and it doesn't show up in my library...

(Using the same steam account I used to purchase it)

It doesn't seem to be the case for DA2. I have a new computer and it doesn't show up in my library...

(Using the same steam account I used to purchase it)
    Are you 100% sure? As I said, I do have a couple of titles that still show up under my account that are no longer available and I can install them. If that is the case though, I would contact the Steam Customer Support; surprised you have not yet done so!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Would be kinda stealing if they just removed the game you payed for from your library.
    Agreed!

Are you 100% sure? As I said, I do have a couple of titles that still show up under my account that are no longer available and I can install them. If that is the case though, I would contact the Steam Customer Support; surprised you have not yet done so!

Agreed!
    Yep 100% sure it's gone. I have been busy but I will eventually call them >.<

Yep 100% sure it's gone. I have been busy but I will eventually call them >.<
    Sucky. Most likely a bug, as it's just a flag on your account I would imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Thats complete BS, give one example of a game where the CE had anything this major and that content wasn't available elsewhere.
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Lots of devs wouldn't give that option if you bought the regular game.
    I never said that devs do it all the time.

Deleted
    i love it how people who

- bought heart of the aspect/TRH mounts from the blizzard store
    - who buy the newest call of duty each year
    - buy games that have a duration of 5-8 hours max

complain about a ~10$ DLC of a game which offers a minimum of 50+ hours atleast.
    This is seriously hypocritical and asking for a "first world problems" meme pic.

Sucky. Most likely a bug, as it's just a flag on your account I would imagine.
    Actually I just called my brother since he also purchased DA2 on steam.

It's also missing from his account as well

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    i love it how people who

complain about a ~10$ DLC of a game which offers a minimum of 50+ hours atleast.
    This is seriously hypocritical and asking for a "first world problems" meme pic.
    100% this. You sir, just won the internet!

Deleted
    i love it how people who

I love people who bought a 100k dollar car and are complaining that someone stole their wallet with 500$ in it..

Guess you have no clue about business ethics when you post something like that. Besides, I highly doubt many complainers have bought things like that.

Anyway, the point isn't that they are selling a worthless DLC for too much or that they aren't giving stuff away for free BUT that they are taking a complete, 60$ game, cutting a piece away from that. An important piece story-wise, not some cosmetic nonsense and selling it for 10$ extra.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I love people who bought a 100k dollar car and are complaining that someone stole their wallet with 500$ in it..

Guess you have no clue about business ethics when you post something like that. Besides, I highly doubt many complainers have bought things like that.

Anyway, the point isn't that they are selling a worthless DLC for too much or that they aren't giving stuff away for free BUT that they are taking a complete, 60$ game, cutting a piece away from that. An important piece story-wise, not some cosmetic nonsense and selling it for 10$ extra.
    Well, they're not actually cutting anything out. I've been doing quite a bit of reading on the Bioware forums, (Don't fucking go there if you get tempted easily be spoilers!!!) and it seems The Prothean plays no significant role in the story, just like Zaeed and Kasumi. I haven't gone into the spoilers section of the forums, but from what I've read he's simply been in stasis for 50,000 years, and is quite normal upon being revived. My assumption is he's discovered somewhere, possibly on Illos. While his existence is cool, there's nothing we didn't already know, except that he escaped destruction via one of the Prothean's contingency plans.

As for it being cut out of the game, Bioware already stated that it was not. It was made after the game was already finished, during the production of physical discs. Michael Gamble said it, and another dev, (Casey Hudson if I recall) expounded upon that statement on his Twitter.

Edit: From Casey Hudson's Twitter, "# On #ME3, content creators completed the game in January & moved onto the "From Ashes" DLC, free w/ the CE or you can buy seperately. about 21 hours ago via Twitter for iPad

# DLC has fast cert and no mfg., so if a team works very hard, they can get a DLC done in time to enjoy it with your 1st playthrough on day 1. about 21 hours ago via Twitter for iPad

# It takes about 3 months from "content complete" to bug-fix, certify, manufacture, and ship game discs. In that time we work on DLC. about 21 hours ago via Twitter for iPad "
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-02-23 at 11:23 PM.

i love it how people who

I'm not on that list.

Now what?

The thing is, the fans that will buy the game will outnumber the people that are "boycotting" over an already mundane subject that has been completely overblown. I quote boycotting because as of now, its just a lot of finger waving and words being posted on forums with no action as of yet. The end result will be that of the picture I posted, and Bioware knows this.

I'm sorry that words over the internet cause physical pain to you, more specifically logic. Should get that checked out sometime.
    Generally speaking stupidity causes me pain, stupidity devoid of logic, and I'll be sure to take that advice, somewhere.

You just drew a giant generalization there, mainly being completely aside from what I was trying to say I'll just ignore that remark. I don't really think there is anything adult about a bunch of finger waving, threatening, and furious typing over the internet. If anything I find that more childish. With your example the boycott never actually "worked" because that feature was never implemented the way it was originally intended to. If lets say, blizzard had released the cross realm real ID as a premium feature and because of the negative results they reverted from it; I'd consider that a successful boycott. It never was a boycott to begin with. Just a shit storm.
    True one, too, and really? So after announcing the feature and experiencing massive backlash, unsubscribing, anger, threats of boycott and preemptive boycott of the feature and boycott of their plans as well you don't consider that "working" because they didn't actually implement the premium feature. Huh, so in that, let's call it labyrinthine, sense of logic, if you shot someone trying to shoot you, you didn't stop them from shooting you, because they didn't actually shoot you? I feel as if a minotaur is about to spring from a corner at any second, maybe you should get that checked out? The minotaur thing? Great, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Are you honestly claiming that the WoW fanbase is more mature or older than the FPS fanbase? You know there are quite a few Over 40 FPS clans, right? But keep being condescending to other gamers, because that somehow proves your point of being more mature?
    Sorry, threw up in my mouth a little bit, never had someone attempt to link the human waste byproduct of the Brown Shootan fanbase with the FPS fanbase at large, sort of shock vomit.

Careful there, tiger.

i love it how people who

you gotta be quite delusional if you honestly think that DLC will give you 50+ hours of gameplay, maybe more than the people complaining about it with valid arguments instead of pointing their choices of purchase

I for one am not planning on purchasing ME3 in any way, shape or form. I don't support this kind of business and never will, paying for content that should have been on the original game in the first place is just pathetic

Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

i love it how people who

I most certainly do not buy any of those things.
    Except for the latter, which would be indie games which costs way below that of a AAA Title.

I complain about the 10 dollar DLC, as it's READY before the launch of the game. It's there, it's content READY from day one, and it's a PROTHEAN.
    Protheans as far as I'm aware after several hours of playing Mass effect, is a pretty big deal in the universe.
    To make it a DLC that you have to buy if you have SE ME3 bought is ridiculous.
    It's content ready and able for the game, and it should be available for everyone who buys the game, SE or CE alike.

If this content where to be delayed a month or so due to extra development, I would not care to argue on it. What the developers choose to put out as content after the game release is not something I'd care much about.
    But to make paying customers pay extra for a piece of content they already had ready before launch is just atrocious, and I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm being a hypocrite on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    snip
    Please do not post this image again. there is already thousand of these pics on BSN, we dont really need a spam in here too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    I most certainly do not buy any of those things.
    Except for the latter, which would be indie games which costs way below that of a AAA Title.

I complain about the 10 dollar DLC, as it's READY before the launch of the game. It's there, it's content READY from day one, and it's a PROTHEAN.
    Protheans as far as I'm aware after several hours of playing Mass effect, is a pretty big deal in the universe.
    To make it a DLC that you have to buy if you have SE ME3 bought is ridiculous.
    It's content ready and able for the game, and it should be available for everyone who buys the game, SE or CE alike.

If this content where to be delayed a month or so due to extra development, I would not care to argue on it. What the developers choose to put out as content after the game release is not something I'd care much about.
    But to make paying customers pay extra for a piece of content they already had ready before launch is just atrocious, and I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm being a hypocrite on this one.
    i understand that, but as laurcus said, it was made during the production of the discs.
    Developers start working on addons before the standard game is launched aswell, doesn't mean the addon was cut from the standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love it how people who

Huh, where do you get that from?
    I haven't bought those WoW mounts or whatever the other items are. Hell, I don't even play WoW.
    I haven't bought a single CoD game ever (I must admit I did buy BF2142 back in the day which I do regret a bit since it was not very good, but that's the only BF game I own).
    I haven't paid more than 10$ for a full game in years now, so even if I only get 5-8 hours from it that's still more than what I'd get from a DLC of the same price.
    I also haven't bought a single piece of DLC ever. They're just watered down expansion packs with 1/5th of the content but at half the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not part of the story of Mass Effect 3, its part of the LORE of the series. The slogan is "Take Earth Back," not "Play with Protheans" If the new character was a Reaper squadmate, then they'd be taking away part of the game. But they're not. Its a bonus character for fans of the game that most likely provides people with some fun extra info about the protheans, that you can probably learn from the Mass Effect wiki.

"Boycotting" the game won't get you anything except being bored from March 6th to May 6th.
    Last edited by Grrwaherr; 2012-02-24 at 01:14 AM.