Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    that line, in my opinion, is what's socially acceptable. yeah, I know, we live in a homophobic world, and it's taboo to see this kind of stuff, but that's just how the world is. you don't see that kind of stuff in a blockbuster movie, or in general television, for example, so it's really frowned upon by today's standards. what ME3 did was cross the line of those standards, for better or for worse, only time will tell
    you're not forced into the relationships, but you're forced into the option, and like happened in DA2, you can end up hooking up with someone by mere accident because of choices made that weren't even that obvious, because the game forces you into trying to be friends with people (friend/rivalry points)
    the game may not force you, but it sure does push you into that direction

at least the witcher 2 handles the relationships well, instead of shoving it down players throat like in bioware games
    Have you ever watched the new Spartacus series?

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    My thoughts: I don't care about any of this as long as Garrus doesn't hit on my MaleShepard.
    The hell are you on about - Garrus is the best... Id go gay for Garrus!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Ah, the understanding world of male dominated gaming. Where hetero and lesbian relationships are completely fine, yet gay ones are worth a dislike on Youtube.

There may have been a tint of sarcasm in some part of the above line.
    That's not the issue. The issue is Bioware's horrible fanfic-esque writing mixed with people's outrage over the DLC. It all feels forced and cheesy, and it seems like they are trying too hard to shoehorn it in for the gay community. Speaking as a bisexual guy myself, I really didnt care that there were no gay male choices, because the romance options didn't effect the game very much. Now that they forced it in with bad writing it just makes me mad. The only people who think that the outrage is all due to homophobia probably aren't gay themselves, or they are and they're just biodrones.

It makes me sad that europe gets it the 9th while the us gets it the 6th already!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    It makes me sad that europe gets it the 9th while the us gets it the 6th already!
    The better part of Europe gets it on the 8th, not that is much better. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    The better part of Europe gets it on the 8th, not that is much better. :<
    ye i see on amazon - :< Im soooo considering using priority express and hope it arrives friday

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 07:39 PM ----------

Okay i just did it - i pay 4 times for delivery but dang it - cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    She does a few scenes in DA2. Also, I swear I've heard her do some voice work in SWTOR.
    I've read that she does a few guest appearances in the DA games after Origins, yeah. Haven't played the Starwars games for 10 years or something, so can't comment on that.

What I *meant* was, why they haven't used the VA for Leliana for more "main" roles, like in DA:O.

While doing a quick google I got astray quite quickly, and found out that the VA for Aerie (another favorite romance option, in BG:SoA/ToB) is the one voicing the undead females in WoW, as well as misc roles in Mass Effect and other larger titles. Small world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Currently powergaming through (don't worry, I'm hitting up every single tidbit I can, not trying to skip anything) to get caught up. Had to restart it all over again but damn it, I don't care.

I completely forgot how awesome the original conversation with Sovereign was. Something about his voice when you have bass is just...chilling. Harbinger was nowhere close to that awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Have you ever watched the new Spartacus series?
    nah, don't have interest in that. but out of curiosity, what does it have to do with anything I said?
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so the people who cried about the day 1 DLC.. Do any of you care that the game was completed in January and the DLC was completed some weeks later? I am going to guess not. Or better yet, probably just say something along the lines of "they should have put it in the main game anyway" or somethign like that.

It's $10, not a big deal, some of you people manufacture outrage over anything. Day 1 DLC with a new squadmate and planet is awesome and worth $10.. Day 1 DLC for $10 with nothing but new hats is NOT.

Fuck the hats, content is worth it tho.

nah, don't have interest in that. but out of curiosity, what does it have to do with anything I said?
    Hetereo and homosexual sexual content galore

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 10:51 PM ----------

GAME, you've changed nothing - Your retailers now have the attention of those infinitely your greater...
    That which you know as Amazon is your salvation through destruction
    You have failed - we have found another way!

\o/

that line, in my opinion, is what's socially acceptable. yeah, I know, we live in a homophobic world, and it's taboo to see this kind of stuff, but that's just how the world is.
    No. You live in a homophoic world. The rest of the world is generally not intolerant or homophobic. The remaining bits that are are progressively becoming less and less so.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bayuriel View Post
    so the people who cried about the day 1 DLC.. Do any of you care that the game was completed in January and the DLC was completed some weeks later? I am going to guess not. Or better yet, probably just say something along the lines of "they should have put it in the main game anyway" or somethign like that.

It's $10, not a big deal, some of you people manufacture outrage over anything. Day 1 DLC with a new squadmate and planet is awesome and worth $10.. Day 1 DLC for $10 with nothing but new hats is NOT.

No because facts like the one you listed do not enter the discussion. Blind anger, trolling and hateraid are the only things people understand.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-03-02 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    in stores march the 6th....for some...we have to wait till friday lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    And for the people saying steam and Origin are no different. Other companies use Steam and their preferred method of DRM, so no big deal there. Idk this rant may not make sense to some but EA is now a boycotted game company till they stop doing what they are doing with ME3.
    And the difference is that EA are big enough to be able to justify writing their own digital distribution system, they have some franchises big enough to get traction, and the huge positive for them will be not forking over 30% or whatever to Valve for every sale they make...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayuriel View Post

If they finished the DLC a few weeks after the main game they either worked at the DLC while they were still working on the main game, or they made the DLC so fast that it will be a piece of crap not even worth 5$ (and definitely not 10).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with showing affection, but a explicit sex scene between two muscular men in a videogame? I'm not homophobic, but that's crossing the line
    I don't recall seeing sex in that video at all. What are you referring too exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I don't recall seeing sex in that video at all. What are you referring too exactly?
    I don't see where it's crossing the line either. Two people finding compassion and company in each other? Christ male soldiers have been doing that since Ancient Greece.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Those two are obviously already in a Bromance. They sit on Shep's sofa in their boxer shorts playing console games between campaigns of saving the galaxy, and when a dispute breaks out they wrestle for a bit before hugging and saying how much they love each other.

It's like the two guys in Gears of War.
    Nah, he's too busy calibrating the guns...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    If they finished the DLC a few weeks after the main game they either worked at the DLC while they were still working on the main game, or they made the DLC so fast that it will be a piece of crap not even worth 5$ (and definitely not 10).
    Ever heard of cut content? could have easily been something they wanted to wrap up, bigger things came up, wrapped up development, picked it up form there. I am sure people will cry about that too, you cant win with some people, but $10 for content aint shit, $10 for new hats is a ripoff tho.

You get it free with the CE and Digital CE anyway so meh. Pre-loading it as we speak, could care less for all the crybabies. Now to wait until the 8th... Damn Australian release date.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    You get it free with the CE and Digital CE anyway so meh. Pre-loading it as we speak, could care less for all the crybabies. Now to wait until the 8th... Damn Australian release date.
    8th? EU needs to wait until the 9th