1. #7001
    We better... even if we didn't meet the allied goal, we met the squad goal!

  2. #7002
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    [/COLOR]

    Wow that's surprising. O.o Well, not really, I guess. Was kind of silly of BioWare to hold one on Mother's Day weekend.
    It was doomed to happen from the start, I don’t think it’s only related to the mother’s day too.

    The multiplayer is quite repetitive; players will become bored of it eventually. The lack of a versus mode is also not helping, usually in this kind of multiplayer games what keeps people playing is the competition between players…

    It’s one of the reason why I think realizing the game without a LAN option and not selling It via Steam was quite a mistake… but that’s just me =X

  3. #7003
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Does that mean we don't get the packs for finishing a gold match either? D:
    We do. I grabbed mine already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    It was doomed to happen from the start, I don’t think it’s only related to the mother’s day too.

    The multiplayer is quite repetitive; players will become bored of it eventually. The lack of a versus mode is also not helping, usually in this kind of multiplayer games what keeps people playing is the competition between players…

    It’s one of the reason why I think realizing the game without a LAN option and not selling It via Steam was quite a mistake… but that’s just me =X
    I don't know how difficult it is but cross platform would have helped as well. I have friends who got it on PC that I'd like to play with...but can't.

    Incidentally, what keeps me going back to the MP is the unlocks. I wanna have my perfectly customized, geared character. *shrug* To each their own, but I like that it's not competitive between players. I've always been intimidated by most MP because I know I'll be killed easily by most people. In this, though, we're working toward a common goal and as long as I do my best...

  4. #7004
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    We do. I grabbed mine already.
    Well that sucks because I don't see one in my store. <_<

  5. #7005
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Well that sucks because I don't see one in my store. <_<
    You can have mine...it was the damn N7 shotgun. I use my Phaeston almost religiously.

  6. #7006
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    It was doomed to happen from the start, I don’t think it’s only related to the mother’s day too.
    It doesn't really have anything to do with people not playing. It likely has more to do with the fact that Banshee's don't spawn that much on bronze and silver. So you have to do exponentially more matches on bronze and silver in order to get the community goal. And not that many people are going to jump into reaper gold just to kill banshee's for a useless pack.

    And losing might not be all that bad since it could provide "buffs" for the next event or a future event.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-05-17 at 07:01 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #7007
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It doesn't really have anything to do with people not playing. It likely has more to do with the fact that Banshee's don't spawn that much on bronze and silver. So you have to do exponentially more matches on bronze and silver in order to get the community goal. And not that many people are going to jump into reaper gold just to kill banshee's for a useless pack.

    And losing might not be all that bad since it could provide "buffs" for the next event or a future event.
    Plus, wasn't the goal a lot higher this time around? 3,000,000 Banshees, and wasn't the last one 1,000,000 Phantoms?

  8. #7008
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,499
    I don't think the next one is gonna reach the goal either. A lot of people are busy with a certain action-RPG at the moment.

  9. #7009
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I don't think the next one is gonna reach the goal either. A lot of people are busy with a certain action-RPG at the moment.
    Path of Exile?

  10. #7010
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    I suspect the goal will drop steadily over time. It was bound to anyway.

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-17 at 08:19 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I don't think the next one is gonna reach the goal either. A lot of people are busy with a certain action-RPG at the moment.
    Torchlight 2 beta?

  11. #7011
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 16, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Eagle Heavy Pistol
    - Damage increased from [60.9-76.1] to [67.0-83.8]

    Hurricane SMG
    - Damage increased from [93.2-116.5] to [102.5-128.1]

    Crusader Shotgun
    - Damage increased from [442.1-552.6] to [486.6-608.3]

    Indra Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [54.1-67.6] to [62.6-78.2]

    Singularity Power
    - Fixed a bug where the base duration that enemies are held in the air was still 3 seconds.
    Should now be 6 seconds, as the April 24 changes specify.

    Geth Horde Wave Data
    - (Gold) Wave 6: reduced number of Hunters from 4 to 2
    - (Gold) Wave 6: increased number of Rocket Troopers from 2 to 3
    - (Gold) Wave 6: added a single Geth Prime
    - (Gold) Wave 10: reduced number of Pyros from 4 to 3
    - (Gold) Wave 10: increased number of Geth Primes from 2 to 3

    Card Data
    - 255 max cap on ammo, medigel, rockets, shields - they should grant equipment items instead if maxed
    - Respec cards are now uncommon rather than rare
    - Increasing XP bonuses for character cards

    Hurray! I won't be stuck getting nonstop ammo packs anymore! Boo... they took away 45 of the ammo packs I had for nothing (was sitting at roughly 300 ammo packs).

  12. #7012
    Hurray they buffed my indra! lol

  13. #7013
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,499
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Path of Exile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Torchlight 2 beta?
    ...

    I love this thread.

  14. #7014
    Im actually happy that they swapped out a pyro for a prime in Gold Wave 10.
    I hate those fuckers so much, my eyes are dual-plasma-flamethrowers.

  15. #7015
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It doesn't really have anything to do with people not playing. It likely has more to do with the fact that Banshee's don't spawn that much on bronze and silver. So you have to do exponentially more matches on bronze and silver in order to get the community goal. And not that many people are going to jump into reaper gold just to kill banshee's for a useless pack.

    And losing might not be all that bad since it could provide "buffs" for the next event or a future event.
    If you say it's not only due people stop playing I might agree with you.
    Give it a couple more months and you will see...

  16. #7016
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,620

  17. #7017
    I just finished D3 and i found myself thinking "how would it look if Bioware did Diablo?"
    Was interesting, until the end, where i merged everyone, angels and humans, with the demons and Tyrael crashlanded on his magical pony somewhere in Middle Earth.

  18. #7018
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I wonder if it will be the Cerberus defectors mentioned in the Operation Silencer blog post?


    Or it might be protheans, given the name of Javik's DLC "From The Ashes" (as the phoenix myth commonly involves the phoenix rising again from its ashes. Only thing is, this would probably cause MASSIVE amounts of rage amongst fans, if all of a sudden, a species that was believed to be extinct is now everywhere.

    EDIT: Then again, there was that Kakliosaur mission...
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-05-17 at 10:05 PM.

  19. #7019
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I wonder if it will be the Cerberus defectors mentioned in the Operation Silencer blog post?


    Or it might be protheans, given the name of Javik's DLC "From The Ashes" (as the phoenix myth commonly involves the phoenix rising again from its ashes. Only thing is, this would probably cause MASSIVE amounts of rage amongst fans, if all of a sudden, a species that was believed to be extinct is now everywhere.

    EDIT: Then again, there was that Kakliosaur mission...
    We never got to see, or ever hear, anything about the kaliosaurs.
    It could just had been a battlename for Elcor as far as we know.

    You are now imagining Wrex riding an Elcor into battle.

  20. #7020
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    We never got to see, or ever hear, anything about the kaliosaurs.
    It could just had been a battlename for Elcor as far as we know.

    You are now imagining Wrex riding an Elcor into battle.
    lol Except we do know that the Elcor fight by using back-mounted artillery, esentially turning them in to living tanks. And we know Kakliosaurs are toxin-immune, and I don't think Elcor are. :P

    Point was if they could clone them from a fossil, could possibly do the same thing for protheans. Just guesswork though. I'd say Cerberus defectors would be more likely.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-05-17 at 11:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •