Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    You mean that "assuming direct control" Harbinger had NO access to the designs of their minions, AND that EVERY SINGLE COLLECTOR was at the explosion range, instead of escaping like the Normandy?

You work for EA, right?
    Access to the design and access to the production facilities are two entirely different things. Maybe I worded it poorly.

Deleted
    You mean that "assuming direct control" Harbinger had NO access to the designs of their minions
    Collectors = mutated protheans, the last of them
    AND that EVERY SINGLE COLLECTOR was at the explosion range, instead of escaping like the Normandy?
    This is how it is.

You work for EA, right?
    EA may have published ME3, but they have shit to do with its content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Oh come on it'd be fun!

Maybe a Harvester would be fairer.
    Now a Harvester would be a fun challenge.

I love killing those things, just for the explosion.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post

I love killing those things, just for the explosion.
    I love the sound they make when they blow up.

Speaking of missing components, i am annoyed by the lack of heavy weapons in ME3.
    You got a goddamn missile launcher at the very start of ME2 as you wake up from death, but you dont get anything heavier than a shotgun in ME3.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-07-20 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    You have them and you use them... you just can't carry them around as before, with just sucks balls =(
    I dont count say, firing the MC-920 Cain twice with a very drunken swirly flightpattern on the earthmission as having it.
    Because you dont have it. Its a mission-only situational Kill-Everything-Button that you borrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard its based on ME1, so no TIM ):
    Half of ME1 was investigate Cerberus outposts and actions.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 10:42 AM ----------

Like, what the hell is Cerberus doing attacking Sur'Kesh?
    They wanted Eve. Controlling the one fertile Krogan is a powerful tool. They could amass an army of male krogan to do their bidding, they could create their own cure that creates slaves. Or they could have created some unknown super soldier hybrid out of it.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 10:44 AM ----------

You mean that "assuming direct control" Harbinger had NO access to the designs of their minions, AND that EVERY SINGLE COLLECTOR was at the explosion range, instead of escaping like the Normandy?

You work for EA, right?
    Perhaps they were inferior designs? And Turians made better designs? The collectors don't have a bunch of little ships. You pretty much destroy all their ships which is why you have to face the Occular devices.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? Because all they basically do is stand there for X seconds until they fly off. They really aren't challenging at all, unless you count the other things attacking you while you try to destroy the harvester first challenging.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Half of ME1 was investigate Cerberus outposts and actions.[COLOR="red"]
    True, but TIM is not even mentioned, much less seen. And I think if the movie were to be based on ME1, they'd follow the Saren/Sovereign plot and ignore the side missions.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Really? Because all they basically do is stand there for X seconds until they fly off. They really aren't challenging at all, unless you count the other things attacking you while you try to destroy the harvester first challenging.
    Yeah sure, in SP they usually fly away after a while, but if they remained and shot at you, they'd be like an OP Ravager. If BioWare perhaps had them flying around while shooting at you, moving from place to place in MP, then they do have potential to be deadly.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    You get others, such as dark star or whatever the name is, when you get Garrus.
    Good for one shot then its gone forever and you drop it should you switch to using any weapon to gun down enemies.
    How in the bloody cunt of Venus can you count that as having heavy weapons?

True, but TIM is not even mentioned, much less seen. And I think if the movie were to be based on ME1, they'd follow the Saren/Sovereign plot and ignore the side missions.
    Ah yes, Oaf Shepard, the canon ME hero that stumbles through the galaxy to save it in the worst possible way he can trip over.
    We will be watching the default ME2 start in the making.

Deleted
    Thats like saying i own a car because i borrowed a friends car for 15 min to buy a couch.

I was just reminded that the Leviathan is the Levi of Dis that Balak goes on about that it killed the batarians and all that.
    Now if you play the DLC before he shows up, then you should have the option to tell Balak "Oh hes with us now. Cool guy really."
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-07-20 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I love the sound they make when they blow up.

Speaking of missing components, i am annoyed by the lack of heavy weapons in ME3.
    You got a goddamn missile launcher at the very start of ME2 as you wake up from death, but you dont get anything heavier than a shotgun in ME3.
    Don't see anything about owning Heavy Weapons here.... You only said you wish ME3 had heavy weapons. Well, it did have heavy weapons. But you couldn't equip them. And yes, it was annoying they did it this way.

Deleted
    Since we are getting all picky, i never said ME3 didnt have HWs, it lacked them.
    As in, there wasnt nearly close to having a sufficient supply at hand to actually have fun with them.
    Fun being the keyword here as its a game.

Deleted
    Oh man...

Just soloed a MP PUBLIC match because no one else joined for some reason... very fun to do it with only a Mattock V. Thank GOD for chain overload.

Don't have a pic because of PS3 but here's the debriefing:

Firebase Giant
    Geth
    Bronze

19 Turian Sentinel 153833 Score
    5 Grabs
    15 Melee kills
    75 Kills
    20 Headshots
    75 Assault Rifle kills
    10 Tech kills

I really wonder why no one else joined the match... oh well.

Deleted
    Because its the PS3.

Uh, yeah, lets add a Sovereign-class Reaper to a Reaper match. I hope you brought an entire armada along.
    Just need 4 vorchas spamming flamethrower at it.

would be fun if missile launchers were replaced with mc-920 cains in the platinum difficulty
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-07-20 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juissi View Post
    -snip-
    Could be a firewall issue. I know mine is preventing me from hosting games most of the time.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 07:14 PM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/ZIP4N.jpg

Yay! Now to see if it sucks as much as people say it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Because its the PS3.

Just need 4 vorchas spamming flamethrower at it.

would be fun if missile launchers were replaced with mc-920 cains in the platinum difficulty
    Pfft, screw Cains, I want a Reaper Blackstar.

Would be interesting if on Platinum difficulties there would be an enemy supply drop that you could secure, giving your team the heavy weapon associated with the enemy type you're facing. Blackstar for Reapers, Spitfire for Geth, and Cain for Cerberus. Would have to balance it so the enemies necessitated the use of all four players utilizing the weapons, and would have to make sure there is no friendly fire with weapons like the Cain and Blackstar so you don't end up with people rushing to the supply drop and then killing the entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Pfft, screw Cains, I want a Reaper Blackstar.

Would be interesting if on Platinum difficulties there would be an enemy supply drop that you could secure, giving your team the heavy weapon associated with the enemy type you're facing. Blackstar for Reapers, Spitfire for Geth, and Cain for Cerberus. Would have to balance it so the enemies necessitated the use of all four players utilizing the weapons, and would have to make sure there is no friendly fire with weapons like the Cain and Blackstar so you don't end up with people rushing to the supply drop and then killing the entire team.
    This could be pretty cool if used in conjunction with something like Harvesters or Colossi. Having the whole team needing to use their heavy weapons to get it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you really wanted to limit the weapons to just one per drop, require the rest of the team to provide covering fire for the person firing the heavy weapon so they don't get torn up. All three of them require some sort of charge up time to do any real damage, so you would need to keep the person with the weapon safe.

I really, really hope they're gonna release an ME title with a co-op campaign some day. Or at least co-op scenarios. There's so much epic stuff they can do with the universe. I can't believe people think we've seen the last of Mass Effect.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 08:35 PM ----------

BioWare cheating policy: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/12467716

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I just think we're done with the current story arc. Shepard's story is done.

I agree that the Mass Effect universe is large and rich enough to support quality side stories, though.