1. #9701
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    I think you get something special if you kill her mother before recruiting her, but nothing if you just let her stay on the normandy.
    Done both, nothing special appeared.

  2. #9702
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,514
    Operation OVERWATCH (July 27th 10AM PST – July 30th 5AM PST)

    Operation OVERWATCH drops troops on Earth to tackle the most secure Reaper strongholds. Reaper anti-air defense will make for high-risk shuttle extractions.

    Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with at least one squad member using an Earth Pack character

    Allied Goal: Extract 800,000 individual players on any difficulty, with each live member counting toward the goal.

    Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack.
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack that includes a new Earth character.

    Special Circumstance: Extraction time lengthened due to failure of Operation BROADSIDE.

    Requirement: Mass Effect: Earth must be installed to earn these rewards.
    Special Circumstance: Extraction time lengthened due to failure of Operation BROADSIDE.
    Extraction time lengthened
    Oh boy, this will get interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  3. #9703
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,678
    Oh good, an earth character...
    That anyone who plays it alot has already unlocked :\

  4. #9704
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Oh good, an earth character...
    That anyone who plays it alot has already unlocked :\
    I still miss three of them, so I'm stoked about the reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  5. #9705
    I guess i better find a Earth-character to safeguard.
    Yakobo, you got one?
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-07-26 at 10:59 AM.

  6. #9706
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Oh good, an earth character...
    That anyone who plays it alot has already unlocked :\
    I only have one character from the Earth DLC (N7 Shadow) so it would be good for me. XD

  7. #9707
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,547
    At Tuchanka on my Insanity run, on an infiltrator. I'm surprised, so far it hasn't been all that difficult. I die more, but no more than 2-3 times, if I do.

    Haven't encountered Banshees yet though.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  8. #9708
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    At Tuchanka on my Insanity run, on an infiltrator. I'm surprised, so far it hasn't been all that difficult. I die more, but no more than 2-3 times, if I do.

    Haven't encountered Banshees yet though.
    I found Banshees to be more annoying than difficult on Insanity. It's just a lot of running away, stopping and shooting, running away, stopping and shooting, and so on. Their ranged attack is easily avoidable with a combat roll. It's just annoying, whittling down their barriers and armor.

  9. #9709
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I found Banshees to be more annoying than difficult on Insanity. It's just a lot of running away, stopping and shooting, running away, stopping and shooting, and so on. Their ranged attack is easily avoidable with a combat roll. It's just annoying, whittling down their barriers and armor.
    Shooting.
    I see the problem.

    I found ATLAS'es to be the most annoying enemies at Insanity.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-07-26 at 06:54 AM.

  10. #9710
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Shooting.
    I see the problem.
    You do, do you?

  11. #9711
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    You do, do you?

    Well with the exception of trying to elbow every enemy in the face, shooting is ineffective compared to biotic/tech powers and it doesnt explode quite as fancily.

  12. #9712
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Well with the exception of trying to elbow every enemy in the face, shooting is ineffective compared to biotic/tech powers and it doesnt explode quite as fancily.
    And, seeing as a lot of powers in this game function as projectiles, I include them in the term "shooting." Kthx.

  13. #9713
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    And, seeing as a lot of powers in this game function as projectiles, I include them in the term "shooting." Kthx.
    Then i want to know why your banshees lives long enough to force you to run.

    By the power of the fist!
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-07-26 at 09:46 AM.

  14. #9714
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Then i want to know why your banshees lives long enough to force you to run.
    They like to teleport. A lot. Like for serious. They don't stop even when I'm unloading every power and bullet I have on them.

  15. #9715
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    They like to teleport. A lot. Like for serious. They don't stop even when I'm unloading every power and bullet I have on them.
    Maybe they find you to be a very huggable person?

  16. #9716
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Maybe they find you to be a very huggable person?
    Seems that way. If only they didn't hug with their freakishly long fingers...

  17. #9717
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Seems that way. If only they didn't hug with their freakishly long fingers...
    And here i thought you would enjoy the long fingers.

  18. #9718
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And here i thought you would enjoy the long fingers.
    Not where they stick them!

  19. #9719
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,514
    There's a pretty countdown timer at the top of BSN that counts down to the start of the Op! And apparently it'll switch to time remaining once it's underway. It's very Arrival-esque.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  20. #9720
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Not where they stick them!
    Oh, you want them relocated to a more glove-fitting location?
    I will notify them that the chest isnt an optimal place and will instruct them in other locations to shove them.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-07-26 at 11:30 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •